Cung Le Paid $5,000 Per Episode to Coach on TUF

Hearing what the UFC has done for fighters who had kids/family going through health events..I have a hard time believing all of that.

Honestly considering the fact that I’ve never heard of this guy, I’d say he did pretty good. Would have made 60k in around 6 weeks

You are a member since 2009 and you have never heard of Cung Le?

Really?

So why the fuck would he do it then? And why the fuck would you then complain about it? Dana hold a gun to his head or something?

Are you really really sure they would suspend him for a long period? If Cung Le brought this to public UFC would look like shit.
Also original problem is the shitty contracts where they can stop giving you fights.

Here in Finland we can have so called zero hour contracts where the company is not forced to give you any work hours. Needless to say im not gonna sign anything like that.

It's actually a known threat of UFc matchmakers that is being discussed widely. All the articles that mention the monopoly lawsuit UFC is in for three years already talks about this
UFC contracts may be very different, and some of them include very wide terms of fights' frequency.
When they threatened to sit him on the bench, they meant it. The matchmaking has an opportunity to screw the fighter up big time.

And UFC really really doesn't care about its image as fighters' employers. They never did, and with heavily lawyered up Endeavor they care even less.
They ARE monopoly.

Are you really really sure they would suspend him for a long period? If Cung Le brought this to public UFC would look like shit.
Also original problem is the shitty contracts where they can stop giving you fights.

Here in Finland we can have so called zero hour contracts where the company is not forced to give you any work hours. Needless to say im not gonna sign anything like that.
I'm not even sure the UFC makes contracts like that. I could be wrong, but IIRC the stuff that I have seen the - UFC is required to offer fights, they cant put you on a shelf for a year and say "See you in 3 years" - of course they can offer you fights at times and locations that you'll never agree to. Make your life hell, but they're required to offer you fights.

I'm not even sure the UFC makes contracts like that. I could be wrong, but IIRC the stuff that I have seen the - UFC is required to offer fights, they cant put you on a shelf for a year and say "See you in 3 years" - of course they can offer you fights at times and locations that you'll never agree to. Make your life hell, but they're required to offer you fights.

Haven't you ever heard about fighters complaining that they don't get fights? Because there ARE those.

They can play with it widely. They can leave you without the fight for 6+ months and then offer you a super short notice fight in Asia against bad opponent.

cung-le-jacked-photo.jpg

Lol everyone on Sherdog knows who this guy is. quit playin

50k or 60k for a few weeks is not that bad. That season was terrible though, probably the worst tuf season

Haven't you ever heard about fighters complaining that they don't get fights? Because there ARE those.

They can play with it widely. They can leave you without the fight for 6+ months and then offer you a super short notice fight in Asia against bad opponent.
Only one I can think of is Ryan Hall.

This, what the fuck 60K in less than 1/3rd of a years work??? That is plenty of money and completely reasonable.
It's a lot even for a consulting fee. He didn't have to coach any of the fighters; it's just vacation for him. Maybe he feels he deserves more since he was one of the higher paid UFC fighters at that time. I think he might have got 350k + bonus fight of the night for fighting Wanderlei a few years earlier.

Back