Cung Le Had Elbow Surgery 6 Weeks Before He Fought Franklin

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Watching joes podcast and His guest just said so that makes the win even more crazy imo because he was just getting his motion back in his arms a few weeks before the fight and his foot was still messed up.. That's awesome

Wow cool.. hope Cung Le gets a surgery 6 weeks before every fight now

Interesting. I wish he had started MMA at a younger age. Would have been awesome to see a young, dedicated, and hungry Le.

may be the surgery gave him an unfair advantage because we've never seen that kind of power from him before :)

Fucking guy was a cripple going into the fight. Awesome KO but it sucked to see Franklin out like that. Still, nice to see Cung doing well at this stage of his career.

Clearly he's the GOAT now.

Injured elbow and foot before the fight, wow.....just wow.

if cung got into mma in his early 20's and was dedicated and didn't do any movies. He'd be 20-0 and 10x better than anderson silva.

if cung got into mma in his early 20's and was dedicated and didn't do any movies. He'd be 20-0 and 10x better than anderson silva.

If your mother had balls she would be your father. What now?

Cung is impressive in so many ways. Even when he gets his face smashed in, he looks ok days later. He is definitely one of those "what could have been", type fighters. He does not have time on his side, but is still an amazing fighter.

I gotta say, the main thing this makes me think is why the hell did Dana put him onto that Macau card. It's amazing he won, yes, but looking at it from a pre-fight perspective, the guy has a broken foot and is 6 weeks off elbow surgery, you shouldn't be throwing him out there to get the shit beaten out of him. I know they wanted a mainland Asian dude to be headlining, but damn, is that really worth putting a cripple out there? All respect and props to Cung though for not pulling out of the fight, going in knowing he just had that punchers chance, then coming through on it.

if cung le trained early...he would have been champ. Dude is talented and legit. too bad he didnt get into mma till late in the game. Still. he has done well.

who was the guest?

Mix master mike and russell peters it was russell who said it. He's also cool with frank mir he had a story after he beat nelson saying his knee was fucked after hitting nelson in the face with it that whole fight lmao

Back