Cung Le Had Elbow Surgery 6 Weeks Before He Fought Franklin

Was there any other fighter who had the balls to say openly before the match that he's fighting at 70% capacity, then remains as humble as can be after he TKFO his perceived-superior opponent?

Usually guys are "150%", then blaim their lost on a laundry list of injuries aftewards. Good to see a down-to-earth guy before AND after the fight for a change.

War chocolate-chip cookies!

Cung Le is hard not to root for...very inspiring dude. I'd like to see him fight the Chris Leben, Boetsch, or someone relatively high up...its just hard to make the right fight for him...he is on a winning streak and has a good story but isn't probably be able to beat most contenders but warrants bigger fights.

Was there any other fighter who had the balls to say openly before the match that he's fighting at 70% capacity, then remains as humble as can be after he TKFO his perceived-superior opponent?

Usually guys are "150%", then blaim their lost on a laundry list of injuries aftewards. Good to see a down-to-earth guy before AND after the fight for a change.

War chocolate-chip cookies!

i approve.

He still can't match seagal in movies so hes jealous and didnt give seagal any props.

You would think a humble martial artist and budding actor would want to be on seagals good side.

I don't get why Cung gets so much hate. Dudes fights are always good.

Cung v Anderson would be a crazy style match up.

BTW I'm not for one minute saying he deserves the fight!

Interesting. I wish he had started MMA at a younger age. Would have been awesome to see a young, dedicated, and hungry Le.

Dont forget motivated+without love handles (aka in shape) Le.

But yeah, also too bad hollywood stole him for a while.

Like Hendo, cung is old and cannot wait around until he "deserves" a shot at the belt. who cares about the belt. make it a nontitle fight just for the fan.

Dont forget motivated+without love handles (aka in shape) Le.

But yeah, also too bad hollywood stole him for a while.

True.

I understand he has aspiration of being a Martial Arts movie star but he's a fighter first and foremost. I think Cung Le following the win over Frank Shamrock could have done well in the UFC if he stayed dedicated to his MMA training. He's over the hill now and doesn't seem capable of getting his body in top form (there are 40+ year olds with better physiques ex. Dan Henderson).

I'm interested in seeing how far he can go in the UFC.

My issue was haters was never their skepticism at him being the best but arguing that he can't at least be great and that he hand-picks opponents. He destroyed that idea with his win over Rich Franklin. Maybe a 30 year old Cung Le doesn't beat a 30 year old Anderson Silva but I think he'd give him a better fight than a lot of Middleweights. I want to see him rematch Wanderlei as well as fight someone in the Top 10 or Top 5 before he retires. If he can at least earn a title shot at Silva it would be a dream match years in the making.

I gotta say, the main thing this makes me think is why the hell did Dana put him onto that Macau card. It's amazing he won, yes, but looking at it from a pre-fight perspective, the guy has a broken foot and is 6 weeks off elbow surgery, you shouldn't be throwing him out there to get the shit beaten out of him. I know they wanted a mainland Asian dude to be headlining, but damn, is that really worth putting a cripple out there? All respect and props to Cung though for not pulling out of the fight, going in knowing he just had that punchers chance, then coming through on it.

So he didnt want to dissapoint the chinese crowd, so he went in there injured and couldve been beat down? How would that help the expansion in asia?

And btw, its called old age, once you start fighting for so many years, injuries tend to get more common. A tweak her and a sprain there. Your body just doesnt handle them well as you get older. Unless you are on TRT, not chocolate chip cookies and pizza

We should have a Cung Le meme.

Young Cung?
Young Le?
Hungry Cung?

That's awesome. Guy is a trooper. Unlike some of these fighters that get a scratch and pull out of a fight.

i-limb-i-robot-bionic-arm.jpg

This.

True.

I understand he has aspiration of being a Martial Arts movie star but he's a fighter first and foremost. I think Cung Le following the win over Frank Shamrock could have done well in the UFC if he stayed dedicated to his MMA training. He's over the hill now and doesn't seem capable of getting his body in top form (there are 40+ year olds with better physiques ex. Dan Henderson).

I'm interested in seeing how far he can go in the UFC.

My issue was haters was never their skepticism at him being the best but arguing that he can't at least be great and that he hand-picks opponents. He destroyed that idea with his win over Rich Franklin. Maybe a 30 year old Cung Le doesn't beat a 30 year old Anderson Silva but I think he'd give him a better fight than a lot of Middleweights. I want to see him rematch Wanderlei as well as fight someone in the Top 10 or Top 5 before he retires. If he can at least earn a title shot at Silva it would be a dream match years in the making.

There are 40 years olds in better shape, like Dan Henderson, also because they are taking peds and cung le doesn't..

There are 40 years olds in better shape, like Dan Henderson, also because they are taking peds and cung le doesn't..

How do u know Le isnt?

Dhk and matt serra says 90% has.

Back