Cuban Boxing Fundamentals

Except not every AIBA tournament is the Olympics. The Olympics are the highest level of international amateur but it's not the only level.

Also, yeah, an 18-year-old kid is definitely not gonna die against Artur Beterbiev just because he has "a decent amount of experience".

Aiba world championship tournament acts as the most important olympic qualifier as well as aiba world cup

So aiba prerty much is olympic level( or very near) its just the lower guys get dropped and olympics get the best.

Aiba world championship tournament acts as the most important olympic qualifier as well as aiba world cup

So aiba prerty much is olympic level( or very near) its just the lower guys get dropped and olympics get the best.
That's what I'm saying: the lower guys get dropped.

So back to my question: is it normal that the highest ranked professional boxers can fight against low-level amateurs and drop them if they feel like it?

That's what I'm saying: the lower guys get dropped.

So back to my question: is it normal that the highest ranked professional boxers can fight against low-level amateurs and drop them if they feel like it?

In boxing pros arent allowed to compete in aiba

Its only in kickboxing and mt that pros can go to world ammy championship

Found it:
Since Rio 2016 pros were allowed in Olympics, but nobody wants to participate - too long qualifying, so no big names agreed. Neither Kovalev no Lebedev agreed to took part. Andy Ruiz is thinking about Tokio-2020, tho.
Plus, all main pro boxing orgs stated that they would disqual any pro who would sign for ammy competitions <Lmaoo>.

Hi all
I'm Edgar - new to this topics on training discussions.
I love boxing, and has been practicing it for a few years now in a recreational way. It has been almost a year now that haven't assisted to a boxing gym, and began training at home by myself - definitely not even close to being the same.

What are the "must do" boxing workouts (or your boxing workout routine) you would practice when training boxing?
It has become harder for me to keep it interesting after several months of monotony mostly training by myself.

I've started posting my trainings in the last days, where if you have a chance to look at and provide me with some expert feedback, it will be more than appreciated :).

Instagram / Facebook: theboxingcollector

Hi all
I'm Edgar - new to this topics on training discussions.
I love boxing, and has been practicing it for a few years now in a recreational way. It has been almost a year now that haven't assisted to a boxing gym, and began training at home by myself - definitely not even close to being the same.

What are the "must do" boxing workouts (or your boxing workout routine) you would practice when training boxing?
It has become harder for me to keep it interesting after several months of monotony mostly training by myself.

I've started posting my trainings in the last days, where if you have a chance to look at and provide me with some expert feedback, it will be more than appreciated :).

Instagram / Facebook: theboxingcollector

There's a great channel on Mexican boxing, comrade. My Spanish's shit, but I think you can dig out a lot of useful stuff from it, tho. Many things you search for are there:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvD-OHIvagiFBGfCYMgRB7A

Last edited:
@StopDucking Iirc, you had a Russian-speaking gf? If she's still with you, here's the best video I ever saw on straight right. A lot of explanations and small but important nuances:

Back