Cub Swanson is jealous

During kZ vs. Aldo fight, I remember Cub saying how KZ is over-hyped and got jealous over KZ's huge fan base. From my perspective, Cub is a little immature for his age. This tweet made Cub look like a desperate attention-seeking boy that shouts"I'm here, I'm here, look at me!"

Yeah cub, it would be really hard for the ufc to sell you when you lost to the champ in under 30 seconds and lost to #2-4. He needs to justify why he should be top 5, nevermind getting anywhere near a title fight

I see your point, but there's more too it. Personally, I think he deserved to fight Aldo instead of Mendes the second time, but whatever. But here are the reasons Cub didm't get a rematch...

One, timing, Cub was moving the ranks when other challengers were more worthy. Mendes, Edgar,KZ, Lamas- they deserved the shots more. Hell, you couldn't justify Lamas and Mendes getting a backseat to Cub, since he lost to both. He had his chance, against Edgar, but he completely got outclassed.

Second, Cub already lost to Aldo. I know it was years ago, but a rematch is hard to sell, especially when he was ko'd in 6 seconds. It's unfortunate, but having an embarrassing loss to the champ, plus losing to most of the top 3, you're going to have to take the scenic route and REALLY earn another title fight.

Three, people have gotten title shots for less in the FW division. Lamas beat Koch, Mendes beat Lentz, KZ beat Poirier, Frankie came off 2 losses. Everyone of Aldo's challengers came off pretty lame title eliminators.

Four, marketability. Sorry, but Cub has the personality of a shoe. Add that to the fact that he already got humiliated by the champ, there's next to no marketability for that fight. Plus, you have an an insanely marketable and talented fighter, who's on a 15 fight win streak, who finished the #5 guy (who's never been KOd) in under 2 mins, coming up guns-a-blazin'. Honestly, it's a no-brainer. PLUS, he's the only guy in the top 6 who hasn't lost to the champ.

Cub really had to earn another shot, he then failed to do so. I wish he got the fight instead of Mendes, but it is what it is. We know for a fact that Cub can weasel into the top 5, he's not talented enough. With Conor, he might, which is more than what Cub can say.

Perfectly explained, great post.

Back