Cub Swanson is jealous

Maybe Cub should have received the media push after getting knocked out in 8 seconds by Aldo. Or Maybe when he lost to Mendes. Or maybe when he was choked out by Lamas. Or maybe when he was submitted by Edgar.

Let's see. Cub has lost to the champion and the top 3 contenders. Yeah. He doesn't really have a place to talk regarding being in title contention.

I don't get why other Conor fans don't reel in the really retarded ones that give them all a bad name. Cub was on a 6-fight win streak before losing to Edgar, one the best in the game. In that streak he beat Roop, Pierson, Oliveira, Poirier, Siver, and Stephens. A slightly harder and longer path than Conor will be taking to get his title shot.

Conor is acknowledging that having a personality will help you in the UFC. Apparently this reality angers you, but it is reality nonetheless.

Questions:
1. Why are you upset over Conor saying that the game has two sides? (When it does indeed have two sides, the fighting part, and the promotion part)
2. What are you talking about when you say this: "And you do realize he said the exact same thing just in a different order right?" If you're referring to this "People forget about the art and focus on the game, and then there's people that focus on the game and forget about the art." then he's making perfect sense. He's saying some people focus on the fighting and forget the promotion, and vice versa.

Conor is smart for realizing how this game works and he's smart for saying it. So what in the fuck is your problem exactly? And why are you saying it's sad for me to post this?

It's 10x more sad how much time you spend on this Forum but we won't go there lol, but I'm sure the same illogical thinking that leads you to spend so much time here, also leads you to criticize me and my post the way you did.
lol

You still don't get it do you?

Conor fucked up the quote. He said the exact same thing, just in a different order. He meant to say

"some people focus on the art and forget about the game and some people focus on the game and forget about the art"

Instead he just repeated the same thing twice

I didn't read past the first sentence in your post as that is all it took to see you still didn't get it. Come up for some air once in a while, your knees and your brain will thank you for it.

I don't get why other Conor fans don't reel in the really retarded ones that give them all a bad name. Cub was on a 6-fight win streak before losing to Edgar, one the best in the game. In that streak he beat Roop, Pierson, Oliveira, Poirier, Siver, and Stephens. A slightly harder and longer path than Conor will be taking to get his title shot.

Cub's path was flaccid. He had already been KO'd by the champ and had lost to Mendes and Lamas before his BS 6 wins.

Sure, but it's different when people have actually seen a KO happen.

Even people who were fans of MMA probably didn't watch that fight simply because WEC 41 wasn't a hugely watched card.

I mean, if you asked people who MTB was, chances are they'd have no idea. And he headlined that card.

I will never understand why people think an 8 second fight 5 years ago means anything. We didn't learn almost anything about the style match up. You really think Aldo is going to do that again?

Guys, I'm not saying that I think that was the ultimate display of what would happen if Aldo and Cub fought...I'm saying it might be hard to sell the 2nd fight because of what went down in that 1st meeting.

lol

You still don't get it do you?

Conor fucked up the quote. He said the exact same thing, just in a different order. He meant to say

"some people focus on the art and forget about the game and some people focus on the game and forget about the art"

Instead he just repeated the same thing twice

I didn't read past the first sentence in your post as that is all it took to see you still didn't get it. Come up for some air once in a while, your knees and your brain will thank you for it.

Ok I get it now. But no need to focus on misspoken words when the message is loud and clear. A message which apparently you don't understand because if you did you wouldn't be getting angry over Conor using his mouth to advance his career. (when his job requirements, if they were written, would advise to do so.)

Or maybe you're just a really big word/sentence structure Nazi/Stickler who doesn't like that he's calling it art.

Just pretend it says "People forget about the promotion and focus on the fighting, and then there's people that focus on the promotion and forget about the fighting."

Does that make you happy now or still mad? What is your problem again? (Besides the words and sentence errors?)

A slightly harder and longer path than Conor will be taking to get his title shot.

If you look at just the opponents, yeah. But if you take into account all the self promotion and hours in the gym, Conor puts in more on both accounts. So really, who is taking the easier path when one guy is working harder outside of the Octagon? The fight is just a small slice of the pie. Training in the arts outside of the fight itself is where the real meat lies.

I feel for him. It's going suck wiping all that pie off his face when Conor gets the title shot.

Cub's path was flaccid. He had already been KO'd by the champ and had lost to Mendes and Lamas before his BS 6 wins.

lol

Yeah those b,s. 6 wins in a row. He should have been forever banned from getting another title shot no matter what he did after losing to the champ and two of the highest ranked guys :rolleyes:

I am surprised he didn't just retire after that! So I guess you were against Hunt getting a title shot since he had a 6 fight losing streak at one point?

And you would be against Cowboy ever getting another title shot too right?

In fact, why don't you give me your formula on exactly what disqualifies someone from getting another title shot even when only losing to the best?

Or...and I am just spit-balling here....you can stop digging yourself a bigger hole since you obviously are a Conor fan and have no problem with him getting a title shot on a less impressive streak than Cub put together with several of the same opponents.

hahaha

not the same circumstances.

His main advantage would be that if Conor losses a gigantic hype train will derail, while where cub lost it wouldnt of been that important.

I think Cub would destroy Conor, honestly.

7563d4a496e866e4e3be9540e8eb40d8.gif

Perfect.

Ok I get it now. But no need to focus on misspoken words when the message is loud and clear. A message which apparently you don't understand because if you did you wouldn't be getting angry over Conor using his mouth to advance his career. (when his job requirements, if they were written, would advise to do so.)

Or maybe you're just a really big word/sentence structure Nazi/Stickler who doesn't like that he's calling it art.

Just pretend it says "People forget about the promotion and focus on the fighting, and then there's people that focus on the promotion and forget about the fighting."

Does that make you happy now or still mad? What is your problem again? (Besides the words and sentence errors?)
lol

I understood it fine. Quite better than you in fact. And i was never upset. I just thought it was funny to see you swinging on a guy's nuts for repeating himself and you thinking it is profound. It actually wasn't anything more complicated than that. Because believe me, if it was, I wouldn't have even tried to explain it to you.

Cub is just planting the seeds for that first title shot in case Connor becomes champ.

Good point. Personally, up until Frankie schooled Cub I was of the opinion that Cub would give Aldo a good fight.

Maybe Cub just doesn't run his mouth enough? Neither does Frankie and look what it gets these guys. Nothing. No way McGregor should be getting a shot ahead of either of them...

Frankie doesn't run his mouth, but he's up there with Faber and Handy for title fights. I say this as a big Frankie fan. Dude gets plenty of respect from the UFC. They promote him very well.

Well he is right. This is all ufc propaganda to hype Mcgober into some " no man can beat me" machine. Well he already lost two times, i dont give two shits if it was when he was 12 years old.
Anyway as soon as they give him a high level fighter we will see where he is at. Till then its just speculations, no doubt he has good potential but he is yapping too much.
He is a new version of Hardy. But not quite as intelligent.

The likes of Cub, and Frankie really need to learn how to sell themselves. UFC is as much about entertainment and business as it is about fighting. No one is asking him to go full Chael, but try and speak your fucking mind more often. Instead of some bitchy tweet once every 2 weeks.
"I'm not going to beg for a title shot" is not going to get you a title shot.

Is Swanson willing to do the number and type of media appearances that McGregor does? I'm sure the answer is no. People thinks it's purely a matter of trash talk that lets Conor jump the line and I think that's a mirage. How many other guys are willing to travel to another country to do media appearances for the UFC and put over the product? I'm sure the UFC would be happy to pay for these guys to do it.

THIS.^^
Its what make Mayweather and also Ronda so damn successful. They put just as much effort outside the ring as they do in the ring. Conference's, promotional tours. Maywaether having meetings with billionaires, Ronda shooting movies.
Nate Diaz can't come to his own open workout and Cub can't confidently hold his own in the UFC press conferences. He sounds like a nervous kid at a job interview.

He'd be getting a big media push if he wasn't absolutely dominated in his last fight.

I did want to badly see Cub vs Connor for the title shot, with winner facing Aldo, but alas the cards didn't fall that way.

Back