CSI MMA Training glove review *pics*

Those imf tech gloves look nice. I wonder if those are closer to hawks gloves than say the 6 or 7oz blue csi ones. How many oz are those imf ones supposed to be? How come the blue ones are being pushed so much instead of these because they look better but I could be wrong.

sexxxecutioner said:
Those imf tech gloves look nice. I wonder if those are closer to hawks gloves than say the 6 or 7oz blue csi ones. How many oz are those imf ones supposed to be? How come the blue ones are being pushed so much instead of these because they look better but I could be wrong.

ttt

i juts got a small flyer from csi and i think it says they have them in red now

sexxxecutioner said:

I'm not sure, I would email them with those more specific spec questions, I could not find them on the web site.

Adino said:
I'm not sure, I would email them with those more specific spec questions, I could not find them on the web site.

Yah I will def email them to ask. You couldnt find them on the CSI website? There right on the front page for 54.95? :icon_lol:

Anyways thanks for the response and I saw your review how are your blue 6oz holding up?

sexxxecutioner said:
Yah I will def email them to ask. You couldnt find them on the CSI website? There right on the front page for 54.95? :icon_lol:

Anyways thanks for the response and I saw your review how are your blue 6oz holding up?

Awesome! There is an old canvas bag at my Dojo and they have taking a heck of a beating and they still look like they have hardly seen any action. Very well made.

Adino said:
Awesome! There is an old canvas bag at my Dojo and they have taking a heck of a beating and they still look like they have hardly seen any action. Very well made.

hey adino.. how do these compare with the SSF shooto gloves?

they both look great, and i've read both review threads... but i'd like a comparison between the 2... when i get my hands on some disposable income i might make an order.. :icon_chee

supersudo said:
hey adino.. how do these compare with the SSF shooto gloves?

they both look great, and i've read both review threads... but i'd like a comparison between the 2... when i get my hands on some disposable income i might make an order.. :icon_chee

I havent even seen the SSF gloves in person, so I can't make a comparision. If I ever get a chance to get my hands on a pair I will let you know though.

Sorry if I missed it, but during sparring do they provide enough protection/padding for partners? Thanks!

CoutureFighter said:
Sorry if I missed it, but during sparring do they provide enough protection/padding for partners? Thanks!

I have not had any complaints so far :icon_chee I would not recomend balls out %110. If they are wearing headgear then I would not worry about it, but if they are not I wouldnet go all out.

these lok a little different than te original CSI gloves a few friends of mine have.These look like they have a nother seam seperating the pattern into two parts,where the originals had one section.or is it just me?

Mostly the price I'm sure. The fairtex stuff is hope quality but imo the CSI is just as good and for a lot less $$$.

krayzie_mex said:
http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_documents/gear/gear_item.asp?p_id=220 if i already got these, the fairtex ones, should i bother gettin these if im already happy with my fairtex ones? any thing better or worse, whats the differences?

The CSI ones are probably a little easier to grapple with since they are smaller. If you don't have any trouble grappling though you probably don't need to bother.

I'm actually thinking of picking up a pair of shooto-style gloves like those (you have to be careful with head shots with the CSI gloves, as they don't absorb as much shock), however I'll probably go with the SSF ones:

http://www.ssfgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=121668&product=258

The IMF tech gloves seem to have plenty of coverage/protection so far as striking is concerned, but I am having difficulty adapting to the extra bulk of them while training no-gi/vale tudo. Does anyone else have this problem?

I also think I would have preferred elastic finger loops, but these are both just initial reactions-- only been training in them a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the review, Adino. I decided to purchase them and got my shipment in the other day. I ordered 4 off of ebay for my training partners and myself.

I picked up all larges. The ebay seller said that the rule of thumb is that 150 lbs and up = large. I'd have to say I agree. The large size fits me very snugly, and I don't have very large hands. I'm about 5'10 185, to give an idea of my size.

My first impression was that they were a litte harder than I expected them to be. I imagine they'll break in, though. The leather is soft which should prevent cuts and the inside of the glove is very soft which should keep the knuckles comfortable. I have beefy fingers so the loops are tight, but they're leather so they'll stretch. They're also double stitched to the glove which I hope will prevent them from separating from the glove as my fingers stretch them.

I'm really itching to try them out. The base closed our training room for a move so I think I'm going to spar some stand-up at the house just to try them out. I'll post again to let everyone know how they work for us.

:( No sparring today.

Instead I'll just where them while I surf the forums.

greedysob said:
:( No sparring today.

Instead I'll just where them while I surf the forums.

:D glad to know I'm not the only one who does crazy stuff then I get cool gear and have to be on the PC all day.

I'm going to hijack/add to Adino's thread with my own pics! I took some pics of my other CSI Amatuer MMA gloves for MMAMuscle last night so I figured I'd grab some shots of my favorite training gloves and add them to this thread.

I ordered the Large size of the CSI MMA Training gloves after trying on a pair of the Regulars at my gym. I'm a bigger guy (6'1" 225) and the regulars were way too small. The Large size seemed tight, but broke in fairly quickly. The finger loops also seemed tight and wanted to "cut" into my hands in between my fingers... but when the gloves broke in they really became much more comfortable.

I've worn these with regular handwraps, smaller MMA handwraps, and without any wraps. They are nice and snug with the wraps but not too tight, while still having good support if I just throw them on without any extra protection.

I've used the gloves on Thai pads, Focus mitts, on a canvas bag on the ground for GnP, and in contact sparring. I've loved every minute of using them and often try to find an excuse to wear them over all my other gloves. They provide the best protection for my partner while still supporting my hands and wrist, and allowing mobility and submission work. I've used the Shooto gloves at our gym and feel these are a much better choice.

gear0001.JPG

gear0002.JPG

gear0003.JPG

gear0004.JPG

Back