CSI MMA Training glove review *pics*

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well this one is a long time coming; the good news is that patience has paid off. This is probably my most indebt review especially with long-term use. Joe at Combat Sports International was awesome and showed some of the best customer service that us Sherdoggers have come to expect. Shipping and everything was no hassle at all on my part, showing that they really went the extra mile. Now onto the good stuff.

The gloves are designed for MMA sparing, both stand up and ground game. I did not have as much trouble trying to grapple with these things as I thought I would. A rear naked choke is the only move that I had a

Here is the triple Velcro system:
CSIMMA-7.jpg

CSIMMA-5.jpg

CSIMMA-6.jpg

And here are a few pics of the fit of the glove and how big they are on your hand:
CSIMMA-8.jpg

CSIMMA-9.jpg

Adino said:
Here is the triple Velcro system:

CSIMMA-8.jpg

That look's awfully tight on the hand, someone needs to loosen the wrist strap's, before that hand pop's.

Superstyler said:
That look's awfully tight on the hand, someone needs to loosen the wrist strap's, before that hand pop's.

lol, I had to bend my hand at a funny angle to get the shot, just trying to show how thick and supportive they are :redface:

Yeh...I'm only messing anyway.

Those look great, so much padding and protection, they must be the best MMA training glove on the market.

Cool. How do those compare to the Shooto gloves.

KillaKix said:
good shit dude, how much they cost?

Only 49 bucks, http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf2.aspx?ID=22292. Bang for the buck, can't get much getter than that.

scorcho said:
Cool. How do those compare to the Shooto gloves.

I dont know I have never used them before, my guess is the big difference would be the padding. These are designed for sparing, not competition, so I think these would be better for training over competition. Just my 2 cents.

Are these 6oz or 7oz? I was curious about these becuase we used striking while grappling for my first time in training the other day but everyone was using normal 4oz fairtex gloves. I went home with two little black eyes, my lips split in 3 places, a knot under my armput on my ribcage with spiderweb looking vein things comming out....and woke up at 1 am with a migrane, the first one i ever had and it sucked. Im moving though and will be switching gyms in the process, where i hope they use shooto style gloves. Does just the extra 2oz or so of padding really make that much of a differance? Call me a pussy but doesnt Hawks make like a 10oz glove?

codysweet02 this is off the link to the gloves: "Available in Regular (6oz.) and Large (7oz.)" I don't blame you for trying to switch gyms that sounds like it sucks. I got a Large Superstyler, I'm a small guy but I got big hands :redface:

Adino said:
. I got a Large Superstyler, I'm a small guy but I got big hands :redface:

Ah..ok.cool.

Well we all know what they say about big hands. :wink:

You'll need big gloves..lol

Superstyler said:
Ah..ok.cool.

Well we all know what they say about big hands. :wink:

You'll need big gloves..lol

lol, exactly!

LOL Adino, that Hand pic makes it look like you are 60 :p

I want to get them but I guess I would need the regular size. Can you post what the size of your knuckles going around is.

In the first picture, the glove on the left looks more distressed than the glove on the right. Did they arrive like that or is that a result of use?

carabreaker said:
If I get them and they are too damn big will they give me a refund?

I would think so just as long as you didn't use them other than to test the fit, you might want to talk to Joe about that though.

Superbeast said:
In the first picture, the glove on the left looks more distressed than the glove on the right. Did they arrive like that or is that a result of use?

Use, they both looked like the one one the right, I was working alot of jab setups the past few weeks.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. They look like a hybrid of PRIDE's gloves and Fairtex's sparring grappling gloves. Nice to see the print on the knuckle padding has remained throughout the abuse.

Back