CSI MMA Training glove review *pics*

That's not rude at all, give me all the suggestions that you guys have. I'll make what you want.

www.SSFgear.com

Superstyler said:
That look's awfully tight on the hand, someone needs to loosen the wrist strap's, before that hand pop's.

No offense but those are some troll/dwarf looking hands. LOL Looks like you've been spending some extra time making weapons deep in the mountains of Middle Earth. :D

They look pretty tight on you without handwraps on. I'd like to purchase these, but I'd like to know if I SHOULDN'T be wearing wraps with these, or if I do(which I believe I should be), is getting the 'Normal' size, still going to accomadate my hands.

Adino said:
lol, I had to bend my hand at a funny angle to get the shot, just trying to show how thick and supportive they are :redface:
adino.... you are one hairy fuck

Titan_M said:
They look pretty tight on you without handwraps on. I'd like to purchase these, but I'd like to know if I SHOULDN'T be wearing wraps with these, or if I do(which I believe I should be), is getting the 'Normal' size, still going to accomadate my hands.

I have used then with wraps and they fit fine, no point though. The padding is more than enought to protect the knuckles and it feels better to grappel without the wraps.

Butcher101 said:
adino.... you are one hairy fuck
Hey what can I say...I'm %25 Greek :D

Adino said:
But what I was really excited was the way they work for heavy bag work. My knuckles have never felt better after a lot of bag work, without hand wraps too (I have since tried them with hand wraps and found them just as comfortable). My knuckles were sore but no swelling and definitely no cuts or bruises...

I got my pair the other day, and did some heavy bag work. I don't have large hands, so I went with the "normal" size. I've noticed that I won't be able to use wraps with them, because they're quite tight on me. The finger straps dig in between my fingers, and it was kinda uncomfortable with my hands idle. Doing the 3 minute rounds of the Bas Rutten tapes, I managed to scrape my middle knuckle open, and had bad sores from the webbing in between my fingers. Also, between rounds, I had the feeling like my hands were asleep. I didn't have the wrists really tight, so I guess blood is being restricted when I clench the fist before I hit the bag.

...The construction is very good; I don

Titan_M mine did not seem to take long at all to break in. Just try wearing them around for some time outside of training to get the gloves to break in faster. I think you might have gotten a size too small, if that is the case I would email Joe at CSI and talk to him about what can be done. If I can help you with anythink else please PM me and ill do what I can.

Titan_M said:
I got my pair the other day, and did some heavy bag work. I don't have large hands, so I went with the "normal" size. I've noticed that I won't be able to use wraps with them, because they're quite tight on me. The finger straps dig in between my fingers, and it was kinda uncomfortable with my hands idle. Doing the 3 minute rounds of the Bas Rutten tapes, I managed to scrape my middle knuckle open, and had bad sores from the webbing in between my fingers. Also, between rounds, I had the feeling like my hands were asleep. I didn't have the wrists really tight, so I guess blood is being restricted when I clench the fist before I hit the bag.

I hope that these don't take too long to break in, because it's kinda hindering me from using these. I'm gonna give it about 2 weeks worth of training, and if it's the same, they will sit under everything in my gym bag.

Give us a call! I would love to get you a bigger size.

JM

Hey Joe, PM'ed you. Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated.

I've used them in sparring before.They work quite nicely.I like the padded thumb because sometimes I have fucked up my thumb on people's elbows when I throw punches.I use the Shooto gloves for mma sparring,and I like them alot.

I thought I would let yall know how these things are holding up. I did a lot of bag work yesterday and really put these things through the ringer thanks to Bas and his fighting CD's :icon_chee. Although bag work is not the strong point of these gloves they did good. But where these things have really shinned is on the ground. These things are awesome when rolling and striking on the ground, I have not had to worry about them while going for subs I just get to work and not give them another thought. The leather is holding up great and they are broken in and feel great. Any questions and Ill be glad to answer.

Do ya know what the diff is between thes and the new IMF gloves or whatever they are?

I bought another pair of these gloves after initially being dissapointed with them and I must say that once there broken in there awesome!

From what I can tell between the IMF gloves and the original ones, there seems to be more padding and it looks to be a different kind of padding. I would love to hear a comparison between the two gloves, I feel a little extra padding on the original gloves would make them easily the best training gloves out there and the new ones could do it.....

Titan_M said:

I hope that these don't take too long to break in, because it's kinda hindering me from using these. I'm gonna give it about 2 weeks worth of training, and if it's the same, they will sit under everything in my gym bag.

I am experiencing the same problem. I have a size L, though. I tried them with wraps and without. Both ways bust my knuckles open. I think I just have to break them in then they should be fine.

I like the thumb padding, because it is segmented to bend back so it doesn't obstruct grapple work, but doing bag work with these is killing my hands.

If your doing a lot of bag work (especally on a canvis bag) then I would use wraps. Here is a cool instructional to help you wrap correctly (http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm) when I started getting my wraps done well I stopped having trouble with my knuckles getting hurt.

I actually had that site bookmarked for months. I been using method #2. The wraps are fine.

Ok, well I have come to the conclusion these gloves are too big for me.

They are size Large, but my Gel gloves from Ringside are Large and they fit perfectly.

Anyway, if anyone wants them, check my sig.

i have the imf version of these gloves and i love them, i use them for bag work, stand up body only sparring and all my mitt work, these things are badd ass and the only gloves that really fit my big fat hands :) pics

gloves005.jpg

gloves004.jpg

gloves003.jpg

gloves002.jpg

gloves001.jpg

Just bought these gloves '' I would like them to make them in red sometime soon, since that is my color'

These gloves are the Ferarri of all gloves like them'' just make sure not to hit the heavy bag with them''

They are good for sparring, hitting the focus mitts and hitting the Tai pads

Back