Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

You cannot get an ought from an is. Things like science describes the universe, it offers no prescription. It is indifferent to rape.

Now you're just babbling.

I have broken down my argument fairly clearly. You provide no real challenge to it at all.

Rape is a terrible analogy for fiat money vs crypto currency. Rape is not a shared system of belief. It is a physical act with a physical, objective output. You have failed to convince me otherwise. Come on, try harder...and more coherently.

Now you're just babbling.

I have broken down my argument fairly clearly. You provide no real challenge to it at all.

Rape is a terrible analogy for fiat money vs crypto currency. Rape is not a shared system of belief. It is a physical act with a physical, objective output. You have failed to convince me otherwise. Come on, try harder...and more coherently.

There is no objective standards for morality. Period. The fact that rape is wrong and slavery is wrong is a shared belief that hasn't always existed. FACT. Try countering my actual arguments. You will realize that everything is fuckin Fiat so Fiat is a theory against EVERYTHING. DERP. Since Fiat is a theory of everything, it is a theory of nothing and therefore has no value in being for or against a position.

There is no objective standards for morality. Period. The fact that rape is wrong and slavery is wrong a shared belief that hasn't always existed. FACT. Try countering my actual arguments. You will realize that everything is fuckin Fiat so Fiat is a theory against EVERYTHING. DERP.

You put forward an analogy comparing rape (a physical act) to choosing fiat money vs crypto currency (a system of belief) - this is a statement of fact.

Now you say - 'the fact that rape is wrong and slavery is wrong a shared belief that hasn't always existed. FACT.'

So here's a scorcher for that struggling brain - if you admit certain shared beliefs haven't always existed, then what makes you so adamantly certain that fiat is a belief that will always exist?

Can you not see how stupid and myopic you actually sound?

Fiat money has only existed for a short period of time in human civilization, and what people regarded as 'real money' has changed over the millennia from sea shells, to barley, to gold, to beads, etc. So you really think that moving from fiat to crypto-currency is impossible because...'Fiat is a theory for everything'.

Wow. I hope you are under the age of 15, because otherwise I actually feel embarrassed trying to debate this with you.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
You put forward an analogy comparing rape (a physical act) to choosing fiat money vs crypto currency (a system of belief) - this is a statement of fact.

Now you say - 'the fact that rape is wrong and slavery is wrong a shared belief that hasn't always existed. FACT.'

So here's a scorcher for that struggling brain - if you admit certain shared beliefs haven't always existed, then what makes you so adamantly certain that fiat is a belief that will always exist?

Can you not see how stupid and myopic you actually sound?

Fiat money has only existed for a short period of time in human civilization, and what people regarded as 'real money' has changed over the millennia from sea shells, to barley, to gold, to beads, etc. So you really think that moving from fiat to crypto-currency is impossible because...'Fiat is a theory for everything'.

Wow. I hope you are under the age of 15, because otherwise I actually feel embarrassed trying to debate this with you.

Let's just agree to disagree.

I know the fuckin history of money.

My argument is your framing the concept of fiat which you demonize. I am showing how everything is fiat. Somebody said earlier we need shared fictions to operate as a society. I know that and agree. I know why we went off the Gold Standard. Because it is a ridiculous policy. And because I know monetary history I know people like you. You are just like the pro Gold Standard people. With the dollar being a fake and fiat. It is the same thing all over again.

I am not against blockchain tech. That isn't going away. I know that. I am against Bitcoin because it can't do what it was made to and more importantly the regulation of the whole thing. I follow a lot of crypto news. Many people in the community are aware of this shady shit of Coinbase and other exchanges. They write about it and want it fixed because they actually want crypto to succeed and know if mainstream news knew what was really going on in these exchanges it would kill the reputation of crypto.

My argument is your framing the concept of fiat which you demonize. I am showing how everything is fiat. Somebody said earlier we need shared fictions to operate as a society. I know that and agree. I know why the we went off the Gold Standard. Because it is a ridiculous policy. And because I know monetary history I know people like you. You are just like the pro Gold Standard people. With the dollar being a fake and fiat. It is the same thing all over again.

I am not against blockchain tech. That isn't going away. I know that. I am against Bitcoin because it can't do what it was made to and more importantly the regulation of the whole thing. I follow a lot of crypto news. Many people in the community are aware of this shady shit of Coinbase and other exchanges. They write about it and want it fixed because they actually want crypto to succeed and know if mainstream news knew what was really going on in these exchanges it would kill the reputation of crypto.

My argument is your framing the concept of fiat which you demonize. I am showing how everything is fiat. Somebody said earlier we need shared fictions to operate as a society. I know that and agree. I know why the we went off the Gold Standard. Because it is a ridiculous policy. And because I know monetary history I know people like you. You are just like the pro Gold Standard people. With the dollar being a fake and fiat. It is the same thing all over again.

'You know the fuckin history of money'? That's great buddy, you should have just said!

Also, you should have just said you hate bitcoin. Because if you take a cursory look at my OP, you might just notice I fail to mention bitcoin there because...surprise surprise, I'm not a huge fan of Bitcoin either.

I do not 'demonize' fiat at all. I simply state that the concept of 'real money' is always in flux, and I think I have more than proven that through my little history lesson.

But yes, glad to have found some common ground and have established that you support the blockchain technology as a whole - because that is the future.

Also, it is worth pointing out that when universal wallet solutions like ETHOS are launched in a couple of months, anyone will be able to buy altcoins with fiat and vice versa, therefore taking the Bitcoin/Fiat pairing out of the equation and making Bitcoin even more irrelevant. From a pure investment perspective (and from a technological perspective for that matter), it is the alt-coins where the 'real money' is to be made, pardon the pun.

Oh, and Ethos plan to kill Coinbase through a better, more transparent, more ethical (thus the name), and cheaper business model. Which is why I recommended it to begin with.

There, we have come a full circle.

Last edited:
'You know the fuckin history of money'? That's great buddy, you should have just said!

Also, you should have just said you hate bitcoin. Because if you take a cursory look at my OP, you might just notice I fail to mention bitcoin there because...surprise surprise, I'm not a huge fan of Bitcoin either.

I do not 'demonize' fiat at all. I simply state that the concept of 'real money' is always in flux, and I think I have more than proven that through my little history lesson.

But yes, glad to have found some common ground and have established that you support the blockchain technology as a whole - because that is the future.

Also, it is worth pointing out that when universal wallet solutions like ETHOS are launched in a couple of months, anyone will be able to buy altcoins with fiat and vice versa, therefore taking the Bitcoin/Fiat pairing out of the equation and making Bitcoin even more irrelevant. From a pure investment perspective (and from a technological perspective for that matter), it is the alt-coins where the 'real money' is to be made, pardon the pun.
Agree with everything you said.

In deep on ETHOS crew. Wish I had the money to stake my position a month ago when it was 2$. Oh well.

Agree with everything you said.

In deep on ETHOS crew. Wish I had the money to stake my position a month ago when it was 2$. Oh well.

Cheers, glad to know someone is listening!

ETHOS is going to be massive in the next year. So glad that you are on that gravy train.

Cheers, glad to know someone is listening!

ETHOS is going to be massive in the next year. So glad that you are on that gravy train.
ETHOS & PRL are my two biggest plays. ETHOS is a game changer especially if they accomplish what they say theyre trying to accomplish. Coinbase killer, crypto bank, one click investments, all in one.

ETHOS & PRL are my two biggest plays. ETHOS is a game changer especially if they accomplish what they say theyre trying to accomplish. Coinbase killer, crypto bank, one click investments, all in one.

Solid picks. I was put off by the PRL website initially, so missed that boat unfortunately. But hey, you can't catch 'em all..

I too believe Crypto is going to come tumbling down one of these days. There are just way too many. Something has to give. But for the time being lots of money can be made. So lets make it.

I believe Ripple is one of the ones that can survive based on its "real world" use. If Banks switch from swift to Ripple the price per ripple likely sky rockets.

Like, I just showed how the price of a stock I own went from 1 dollar to 2 dollars in one day. I actually bought it before at like 80 cents. When it hit 2 I sold. If I was on coinbase. I couldnt do that. no 100% profit. You know pissed that would make me? that is the mo of these exchanges. time is of the essence in trading. I would have seen that price jump, log into my brokerage account to sell and profit and would get a big FUCK YOU from Coinbase. They do this to countless people. As do other exchanges. Read reddit subforums on these exchanges. Countless stories with screenshots. Lost money in 6 figures. Giving these exchanges your money is easy, getting it out is not.

How do you exchange your currency without a place like CoinBase ? Do you keep your crypto on the platform you do your trading on ? Private Wallet ?

I had to purchase from CoinBase to get ETH. Then I had to transfer the ETH to Binance to buy Ripple ( which I still can't do because CoinBase is holding my ETH for 72 hours )

Im starting to hear more and more negative stuff on Ripple... Along with the positive too admittedly.

Interesting read. And LONG, if you can sit through it.

https://cryptoyoda1338.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/the-truth-about-ripple/

I too believe Crypto is going to come tumbling down one of these days. There are just way too many. Something has to give. But for the time being lots of money can be made. So lets make it.

I believe Ripple is one of the ones that can survive based on its "real world" use. If Banks switch from swift to Ripple the price per ripple likely sky rockets.

How do you exchange your currency without a place like CoinBase ? Do you keep your crypto on the platform you do your trading on ? Private Wallet ?

I had to purchase from CoinBase to get ETH. Then I had to transfer the ETH to Binance to buy Ripple ( which I still can't do because CoinBase is holding my ETH for 72 hours )

Solid picks. I was put off by the PRL website initially, so missed that boat unfortunately. But hey, you can't catch 'em all..
Didn't miss any boat man. It has some of the best tech in the game and it's only #186 in market cap rank. Plentyyyy of room left for big returns

Anyone that truly believes in cryptos doesn't put their money in ripple. It's against everything we believe in

I believe in Ripple due to the exact reason others dislike it.

Don't let your belief in what crypo currency is make you miss out on a potential good investment. Nothing is written in stone but if banks pick this new system over swift, I don't see how the coin don't explode in value.

Edit: Just learning about ICO also.

Any good ones I should look into that anyone here know about. I found one that is giving away free coins for sign ups and doing other easy task like twitting their link.

I got out of some last week. Havent been inspired to get back in.

Personally, Id rather "value invest" instead of play the swings.

I believe in Ripple due to the exact reason others dislike it.

Don't let your belief in what crypo currency is make you miss out on a potential good investment. Nothing is written in stone but if banks pick this new system over swift, I don't see how the coin don't explode in value.

Edit: Just learning about ICO also.

Any good ones I should look into that anyone here know about. I found one that is giving away free coins for sign ups and doing other easy task like twitting their link.
Well, I did have some ripple @ .22. Obviously wish I would have held but it's @ #2 by market cap. It's not that good of an investment at this point. To see a 2x return on ripple from this point, ripples market cap would need to be equivalent to bitcoins. How likely do you think that is? Not very likely. And only for 2x returns

That is the problem. One of the reasons Coinbase can get away with this is because it is still the best option for many people.

And these people want so much information on you it is absurd. I tried signing up for Coinbase months ago actually. lol. So there are all these intermediates and everyone one of them is getting your data. One of the good things about crypto was its privacy. But these exchanges extract more information out of you than anybody.

I also just read there are gonna be some bitcoin/crypto etfs listed on the NYSE. I may consider buying a few depending on how it looks. Actually it is just bitcoin ETF for now.

Back