Cryptocurrency - a few tips from an old hand

Ouch! $7,500 to mine a single shit coin that's only worth $4200 at the moment. Investment of the future right there!

https://cointelegraph.com/news/chin...-mining-devices-by-kilo-amidst-market-decline

People have chosen to mine at a loss to hold the coin to sell later or hold for long term over bitcoin's history. Your mining cost is relative to your electricity cost, it's not the same price for everyone to mine a bitcoin. I could go find an article about the extreme demand for mining hardware at higher prices that's just supply/demand.

And it is the investment of the future.

Yes, you actually have to put up your own money to short something you numb nuts. You'd have to borrow and sell the Bitcoin in this case, pay interest on the loan, then give back lender the Bitcoin at a lower price. You hope to pocket the difference after the price fall. It's above you crypto fanboys in terms of market calculation. You are notoriously terrible at predicting the future like the TS, who's 98% down since he posted this garbage.

You don't own shit with Bitcoin. There is no actual physical commodity other than digits of zeros and ones stored somewhere. Unlike stock, you do not own part of a company that offers products/services as revenue stream. Unlike actual currency, you have no legal tender status and thus no backing from government. It's purely used for purchasing illegal goods over the internet, but you can't even do that anymore since prices are so volatile.

Having skyrocketing prices followed by spectacular crashes is the very antithesis of a stable trading medium. You should be charged with fraud for promoting this shit scheme. Don't lose your last dozens of dollars.
I listed an option to short a derivative product with fiat as collateral, no bitcoin needed. Pretty simple even for a simple minded individual as yourself.

I told people to buy bitcoin at 1/10th of it's current price, I didn't tell people to buy after it boomed, you want to buy when there is red in the streets.

Now it's purely used for illegal goods? C'mon let's not go full retard here mate.

And modern banking is all one and zeroes now, you think there is a gold backing or physical dollars for every bank account? Use your brain.

People have chosen to mine at a loss to hold the coin to sell later or hold for long term over bitcoin's history. Your mining cost is relative to your electricity cost, it's not the same price for everyone to mine a bitcoin. I could go find an article about the extreme demand for mining hardware at higher prices that's just supply/demand.

And it is the investment of the future.

Lol what an idiot

Bitcoin major crash history:

$31 falls to $2
$266 falls to $68
$1,242 falls to $150
$19,600 falls to $?

And dozens of other corrections in between.

Bitcoin is finite. While the last will not be mined for another two decades, the majority have been mined. Millions are lost and irretrievable. Ultimately, the available circulating supply will be sub 15 million BTC. Bitcoin is king and appears to be the chosen store of value for the internet of value. Reading forums dating back to 2011 on this topic, you see the same responses. Bitcoin just hit $31 from $1, people take profit, sending the price plunging and know-nothings chime in to rip bitcoin maximalists "Lol what an idiot". The same thing occurs during the prolonged 2013 bear market which was exasperated by Mt. Gox. "THIS IS IT" the know-nothings keep screaming. The same people not making megatons of fiat shorting bitcoin aka you poor people. The same individuals who will call people idiots after BTC reaches 100k and crashes to 10k. If you want a tangible investment go buy baseball cards. It's the age of the internet. You don't need to be an anarchist praying the central banks fail to understand cryptocurrency will retain a seat at the table. "I am the alpha, my betas are gold, they sold the bitcoin I told em' to hold." - ytcracker

Last edited:
Bitcoin South of 4k and Ethereum below 100. Where is the bottom?

Bitcoin South of 4k and Ethereum below 100. Where is the bottom?

I would not be shocked to see BTC to 1900 or 1250 which are levels of support. Ethereum is going to get cracked. It is associated with the plethora of ICO scams that took center stage the last year. Ultimately, a smart contract blockchain is useful. Will the chosen platform be Ethereum, NEO or.. ? Not only is this going to present a good buying opportunity but it is going to cleanse the space of projects that have zero value.

Last edited:
I'm curious what the original post said since he edits and re-edits it every few days.

There's a reason some forums disable editing after a day or so.

Since there is no standard to protect its value it is tangibly worthless. Similarly to the American dollar, which is a fiat currency(yes, this will crash some day as well), the only reason that it has any value is because the US government tells us it does.

A type of currency like gold or silver is something tangible, something that is real. I encourage you to read more about this, I still do not know enough but what I can say is that if you want a truly safe investment stick with gold, it has been used for thousands of years and will be used for thousands more.

You have to understand that BITCOIN IS A FAD. It truly has no value apart from how much it is bought by consumers.
I believe in Forex more than in Bitcoin and even tried to trade with some brokers from the list https://fx-list.com/pamm-forex-brokers but I am too impatient for that:(
Take a look at this guy's post history. He's some weird affiliate spammer

Since there is no standard to protect its value it is tangibly worthless. Similarly to the American dollar, which is a fiat currency(yes, this will crash some day as well), the only reason that it has any value is because the US government tells us it does.

A type of currency like gold or silver is something tangible, something that is real. I encourage you to read more about this, I still do not know enough but what I can say is that if you want a truly safe investment stick with gold, it has been used for thousands of years and will be used for thousands more.

You have to understand that BITCOIN IS A FAD. It truly has no value apart from how much it is bought by consumers.
I believe in Forex more than in Bitcoin and even tried to trade with some brokers from the list https://fx-list.com/pamm-forex-brokers but I am too impatient for that:(
How long do fads typically last? I guess it's a nine year fad....

And you have no idea what you are talking about in relation to bitcoin.

I would not be shocked to see BTC to 1900 or 1250 which are levels of support. Ethereum is going to get cracked. It is associated with the plethora of ICO scams that took center stage the last year. Ultimately, a smart contract blockchain is useful. Will the chosen platform be Ethereum, NEO or.. ? Not only is this going to present a good buying opportunity but it is going to cleanse the space of projects that have zero value.
I agree about Ethereum.

But extremely doubtful bitcoin gets that low.

If you have a chart behind that 1-2k level playing out I'd be interested to see it.

I agree about Ethereum.

But extremely doubtful bitcoin gets that low.

If you have a chart behind that 1-2k level playing out I'd be interested to see it.

BTC is painting a bear flag as it typically does before another leg down. My expectation was drawn out consolidation at this range. The highest probability following this is a continuation of the previous move. I don't pretend to know what something will do with absolute certainty. I use a chart to extract probability. We have been in a downtrend since January. This is a bear market. Until a reversal happens I will continue to short every rally. A trend reversal can happen with a powerful V-bottom rejection or a long basing out pattern. Look at NASDAQ post-bubble for an example. It could happen here but nearly everything my eyeballs tell me says more downside. Volume analysis suggests pitstops at 2800, 1900, and 1200. These are not absolutes. While I am short, I am hedged and try to catch these pops. Drops below 3500 will see me begin to accumulate long positions. I will escalate my long positions the more BTC drops. Four months ago no one would have said you could buy BTC for 3500. Here we are. 1200 (or lower) is not at all far-fetched. Nothing in this market suggests trend reversal. Exchanges must be regulated and confidence restored before true upside (imo). Shitcoins and scams must get squashed. Crypto, in general, must become easier for the masses to access. Businesses must figure out if they can benefit from blockchain and if so, how to integrate the technology. This will come - in time. I am patient.

Last edited:
I don't do price predictions, but utility will win out now. A lot of consolidation will happen. Etherium is too slow and can't scale, and their are other networks that do what it can do faster, cheaper and better. It will not last. I think the eSports/gaming focus blockchains will be mass adopted first. Tron has a bad rep, but they have met every deadline they have set, and I think it will be a big winner in 2019.

Hey guys, what do you think about cryptocurrency games? I just started cryptogame MotoCoin which is inspired by ElastoMania and it seems to be promising. I played so much video games for free when I was a kid. Can you believe that we can play games and earn some money ?

Last edited:
Wow... You can't trust those online wallets...

"Tokyo - A Tokyo-based cryptocurrency exchange said Friday it had halted all services after losing cryptocurrency worth more than $32 million in the latest apparent hack involving virtual money.

Remixpoint said its subsidiary BITPoint Japan discovered overnight that about 3.5 billion yen ($32.3 million) in various digital currencies had gone missing from its management.

The apparent hack was discovered after an error appeared in the firm's outgoing funds transfer system on Thursday night.

It said the cryptocurrency went missing from a so-called "hot wallet", which is connected to the internet, but that currency held in "cold wallets" that are offline was not affected."

https://japantoday.com/category/crime/japan-firm-says-32-mn-missing-in-cryptocurrency-hack?

Anyone know where I can get daily history of the number of bitcoins mined per day? Or maybe some data which can help me approximate the rate of how many BTC are mined per day.

I would need to fill a spread sheet with like:
July 31, 2014 - 56 mined
Aug. 1, 2014 -55 mined
June 30, 2019 - 187 mined
July 31, 2019 -201 mined

I can use it for a school project.

Back