Crocop or Pereira, a better combat sports athlete?

As of now Id pick Mirko. Maybe in two years I'll pick Alex if he keeps on winning. Like imagine him winning the hw title. HW might be trash but you gotta bet pretty damn good to win the belt in the div. And not to mention the mw and lhw belts to go with it.

he'd have to beat someone like Aspinall. I don't see it. If he does, then give him the goat title though obviously someone like Cain or Jones or Fedor would've murdered him.

In the long term, younger newer fans would put Alex higher most likely. He won 2 ufc belts, 2 glory belts.

Crocop, sad as it is as he is my favorite from Pride along with Wandy got koed by Brendan Schaub in UFC. Lots of casuals dont even know or even when they do dont bother watching Pride.

Mirko getting koed by Schaub of all people is....unfortunate many years after...

Mirko's style worked great in a ring where he could cut the opponent off and throw his left kicks and straights until something lands. Alex's style works great everywhere. I do not think Mirko would even beat Strikland in a cage due to an unorthodox defensive style.

11996696.gif

I’d take Pereira as the better pure striker P4P but it’s hard to compare their careers.

Beating Izzy is probably the biggest win of either guys career and Pereira was also a dominate champ in KB which Mirko was not. If Pereira beats Ankalaev or any other grappling based fighter I think it’ll be pretty easy to see but outside of longevity the only edge I give Mirko is TDD and some offensive grappling skills.

Pereira is more technical, but at heavyweight, at same size, Mirko would run him over.

Mirko is a better kickboxer.

Def different careers.

Crocops body of work is better and the era he fought in has better competition in MMA but what poatans achieved in such a short time is incredible in itself

Def different, and both great.

Reactions: HHJ
On paper it's easily Pereira but sometimes context does matter. Mirko fought in the Golden era of kick boxing and prime Fedor. Whereas I can't say the same for Alex. His win over Izzy was really, really good but it's a shame his LHW career is blossoming in one of the weaker, more chaotic times in the division's history. Especially after seeing Jon Jones reign.

Pereira wouldn't have been a champ at LHW when Jones, Davis, Bader, Rashad were all around.

I think if I had to pick one to fight, Crocop would be more dangerous. But head to head against each other, I'd probably pick Pereira. Who's more accomplished, very hard to say while Pereira is still active. The wins/losses haven't even aged yet. Who is more athletically gifted... Good question.

I do think Poatan is much better at weight cutting, only thing clear about it.

On paper maybe Pereira, but I also doubt he'd have the LHW belt if Jones had stayed. Fuck, maybe Cro Cop. I don't know enough about their kickboxing careers to say. Pereira not fighting Jones I'd say is about like if Cro Cop didn't fight Fedor.

Interesting thing is, they're probably about the same size. I'd give real money to see them fight each other in either sport in their prime.

Pereira is bigger. Crocop runs Pereira over imo.

This is tough, but I’d lean towards Periera. I do think Mirko went through more a murders row of matchups though, but belts in two different sports and divisions against current and former champs is pretty hard to argue against. Alex edges him out imo.

its def very tough question since both are greats.

Pereira is more technical, but at heavyweight, at same size, Mirko would run him over.

Mirko is a better kickboxer.
Well Mirko was one of those Overeem type guys who was a HW because he was juiced and very effectively juiced.
If they fought prime for prime at HW it’s hard not to think Mirko’s cardio would be an advantage along with his strength but I think PEDs have a lot to do with that.

We’ve also never seen Pereira at HW so it’s all guess work but I think his overall game is more effective for both sports by quite a bit.

Well Mirko was one of those Overeem type guys who was a HW because he was juiced and very effectively juiced.
If they fought prime for prime at HW it’s hard not to think Mirko’s cardio would be an advantage along with his strength but I think PEDs have a lot to do with that.

We’ve also never seen Pereira at HW so it’s all guess work but I think his overall game is more effective for both sports by quite a bit.

Pereira's left hooks won't be effective, Crocop's hands are not any worse and his kicks are miles better.

Pereira is technical, but I don't think that would fly against prime Crocop in a ring.

But Mirko probably would've beaten anyone Alex has beaten though.
But it’s a different eras thing too.

I agree No one Alex p fought would have even qualified for the K1 GP in the Hoost, aerts, JLB, Remy, shemmy etc era

But Alex still beat the best he could.

Same with mma no one Alex has beaten could have faired well in prides hw division but they are still the best or among the best at their weights today!

Pereira. If its possible, Olympic teams need to study his muscle fibres, and put them on display in medical journals, the same as Yoel Romero. These muscle fibres should be stored in time capsules and spread with the Mars exo-mission.

But it’s a different eras thing too.

I agree No one Alex p fought would have even qualified for the K1 GP in the Hoost, aerts, JLB, Remy, shemmy etc era

But Alex still beat the best he could.

Same with mma no one Alex has beaten could have faired well in prides hw division but they are still the best or among the best at their weights today!

Alex is a legend in my book too. He's great.

In accolades they are about tied with a slight edge maybe to cro cop imo

2 of my 3 favorite strikers along with anderson

Crocop fought during a time with a bigger talent pool and has some good names on his record.
Pereira is unlucky to fight at MW in kickboxing, during a time in which Simon Marcus and Levin stopped fighting. A rematch with Levin or another fight with Marcus would definitely helped his resume in Kickboxing.

MMA wise I would have to lean Pereira cause he won 2 titles and dethroned Izzy probably the best MW of his generation. Favorable matchups for sure but lets not act like Pride matchmaking was always great.

Kickboxing Crocop just has some great names, I sometimes feel people overlook his kickboxing career because he was the 2/3 behind Fedor and Nog in MMA. But having wins against guys like Bojansky,Bernardo,Musashi,Greco,Aerts and Banner just gives him the edge imo. Pereira was unlucky with those 2 top guys retiring and what was left didnt stack up. Wish Wisse was a bit older at the time, that would have been a great challenge.

Back