Crocop fans - when did you accept CC was done as a top fighter?

Stopped reading here, for obvious reasons. Pro wrestling is not as strong as your bias.

So, in reality, you are just trying to make an argument that isn't there? Taking things out of context to try and support your ignorant point?

I figured. Seems like you have experience with that, though.

Well, had to present facts, y'know? At least that's one thing he can't dispute lol.

Takada is good ammo. Those were works with CC & Coleman, not with Rickson. But I agree otherwise.

Kongo, you can see he was not the same, you can argue Sanchez and GG he didnt look the same against, but he would have never lost to a fighter like Kongo if he was still the same fighter, the fact he hung in there with the top of the division for years to come tells you how good he was before

During the fight between mustangs alturk!
He looked so slow and timid.
The fight vs dos santos was confirmation he was not the same beast.

Oh really? Let's take a look at Cro Cop's professional wrestling opponents.

Fujita- record of 15-9, notable wins over Mark Kerr, Ken Shamrock, Bob Sapp, and James Thompson; known for having one of the best chins in MMA history.

Takada- record of 3-6-2, notable wins over Mark Coleman and Alexander Otsuka; he was the founder of PRIDE FC.

Dos Caras Jr. (Alberto Del Rio)- record of 9-5, notable win over Brad Kohler; known for his submissions and occasional suplexes.

Nagata- record of 0-2; only matches were against Cro Cop and Fedor, two of the greatest of all time.

And finally, Sakuraba himself- record of 28-16-1(2), notable wins over Carlos Newton, Vitor Belfort, Roler, Royce, Renzo, and Ryan Gracie, Rampage, Ken Shamrock, and Randleman; Saku is legendary in just about every way possible.

Combined record of 55-33-3(2). They aren't as total pushovers as you make them out to be.

Fujita at least had a real freestyle/greco-roman wrestling success before pro wrestling

Takada? you lost me here

what all these fights have in common (apart from takada being in all of them)?

Fujita at least had a real freestyle/greco-roman wrestling success before pro wrestling

Takada? you lost me here

Look at his join date. He didn't actually watch any of those fights when they happened.

lol

barry is improving but he still gets smoked by everyone in the top 10.

The top 10 of HW is kind of a joke, I think Cain, JDS, Reem, Cormour and Werdum are elite, Mir is always dangerous too. other than that I feel like anyone has a chance.

Big no for example is ranked like #7 on a lot of sites. this is how the last few years have looked for him

Beats unranked Herman in his only 2012 fight
Loses to Mir in 2011
Beats unranked Shaub in 2011
Loses his only 2010 fight to Cain
Beats Randy in his only 2009 fight
Loses to mir in his only 2008 fight... that's 5 years ago

Takada? you lost me here

No matter your opinion of him, the guy came to fight, and if it wasn't for him, then the greatest MMA promotion the world has ever seen would not have been created.

It's not like he's forgotten the skills he's always had. So his body is deteriorating in his age, that doesn't mean he's not a top level fighter anymore.

True Cro Cop fan, still valuing the fact that with his striking acumen, he can KTFO anyone at anytime.

Melvin Manhoef has even less ground game than Barry, he still finished many grapplers on the ground via strikes after a good knock down (ex. Sakuraba), I dont think Barry ground game has improved much, except his TDD.

You can easily find more examples like this...of course. But eg CC wasn't knocked down like Kongo against Barry. The first knock down was no problem for Mirko, the second was tough, but CC was still in the fight. Mirkos defense on the ground being great, Barry having no skills...I think Barry did the right thing with keeping the fight standing.

CC's chin isn't that bad (his neck seems huge right now...he worked on this for sure since Schaub/Nelson). Randy Blake suckerpunched him right to the chin with all he has and Mirko wasn't punchdrunk at all. Randy is more a LHW than HW, but a LHW can knock out a HW with a perfect shot easily.

Whoever he fought after Gonzaga. I thought might have been a fluke.(I don't now)

After the Kongo figh.

it was sad.

Schaub was the final shame tough...

Cro Cop will always be a hero for me tough.

The fight against Mir (who seemed like a perfect style matchup for CC at the time) was the fight that confirmed to me that CC wasn't really dedicated/hungry anymore...

Back