Crocop fans - when did you accept CC was done as a top fighter?

After Mir, I knew it was done.

An unfortunate end, but I'm glad he's having success in K-1.

Barry wasn't in his prime when he fought CroCop. If he was he would have followed him to the ground just as you described.

Barry ufc hw champ 2013, he would be hitting his prime this year no joke.

To answer all of these "but he fought professional wrestlers!" jackasses:

"In fact, professional wrestling is strong." - Kazushi Sakuraba, after his victory at Ultimate Japan.

"In fact, professional wrestling is strong." - Kazushi Sakuraba, after his victory at Ultimate Japan.

Those comments are ONLY in response to people discrediting Lesnar for being in WWE.

Barry just finished his last fight via strikes on ground after knocking down the guy whos jits are on par with cro cops.

Barry had zero groundgame at that time. Today it would be something different.

sakuraba was successful because he did real wrestling like lesnar before pro wrestling, his shout-out was somewhat similar to machida-karate is strong (or something like that) by machida after winning ufc belt.

CroCop should be happy professional wrestlers entered MMA. If they didn't, you could take out a huge chunk of his wins.

One defended his UFC belt a record number of times, one wasn't a champion. One defeated Frank Mir, one wasn't good enough.

one quit when the going got tough, 5-3.. the other one came back strong after his losses to the best in the world and became gp champ.. with a good record of 28-10.

I accepted it after that Mir travesty. but in retrospect I think it was prob back around 2005/2006

To be fair tho, at least 2 or 3 of his UFC losses I blame on injury or Kongo's cheating.

Kongo. It would have been cool to see CC try out 205 after the Kongo fight though.

Never. I keep making excuses.

When he said he didn't need to train inside an octagon and although he did eventually get an octagon to train in, it was evident his passion for fighting was gone after the Kongo fight.

Barry had zero groundgame at that time. Today it would be something different.

Melvin Manhoef has even less ground game than Barry, he still finished many grapplers on the ground via strikes after a good knock down (ex. Sakuraba), I dont think Barry ground game has improved much, except his TDD.

Those comments are ONLY in response to people discrediting Lesnar for being in WWE.

Oh really? Let's take a look at Cro Cop's professional wrestling opponents.

Fujita- record of 15-9, notable wins over Mark Kerr, Ken Shamrock, Bob Sapp, and James Thompson; known for having one of the best chins in MMA history.

Takada- record of 3-6-2, notable wins over Mark Coleman and Alexander Otsuka; he was the founder of PRIDE FC.

Dos Caras Jr. (Alberto Del Rio)- record of 9-5, notable win over Brad Kohler; known for his submissions and occasional suplexes.

Nagata- record of 0-2; only matches were against Cro Cop and Fedor, two of the greatest of all time.

And finally, Sakuraba himself- record of 28-16-1(2), notable wins over Carlos Newton, Vitor Belfort, Roler, Royce, Renzo, and Ryan Gracie, Rampage, Ken Shamrock, and Randleman; Saku is legendary in just about every way possible.

Combined record of 55-33-3(2). They aren't as total pushovers as you make them out to be.

Oh really? Let's take a look at Cro Cop's professional wrestling opponents.

Fujita- record of 15-9, notable wins over Mark Kerr, Ken Shamrock, Bob Sapp, and James Thompson; known for having one of the best chins in MMA history.

Takada- record of 3-6-2, notable wins over Mark Coleman and Alexander Otsuka; he was the founder of PRIDE FC.

Dos Caras Jr. (Alberto Del Rio)- record of 9-5, notable win over Brad Kohler; known for his submissions and occasional suplexes.

Nagata- record of 0-2; only matches were against Cro Cop and Fedor, two of the greatest of all time.

And finally, Sakuraba himself- record of 28-16-1(2), notable wins over Carlos Newton, Vitor Belfort, Roler, Royce, Renzo, and Ryan Gracie, Rampage, Ken Shamrock, and Randleman; Saku is legendary in just about every way possible.

Combined record of 55-33-3(2). They aren't as total pushovers as you make them out to be.

Balli's a troll. No need to give ammo, lol.

I think PRIME CC ended between his biggest win (Summer 06) and his most devistating loss (Spring 07)

At least that's what his fans seem to think. I tend to believe he was prime and still mean when he fought GG but the kick and knee injury from falling down may have ruined him

Back