Crazy to think Conor was almost 20 lbs heavier then Floyd

I don't know if you're a football fan, but Jerry Rice is arguably the greatest football player to ever live, and this man is absolutely dumber than a box of rocks. He's just not a normal person by any standard.

He's known to just show up at random weddings. He's got no clue if any of them know who he is or not. He just finds a wedding and goes. The only part of his brain that's running at full capacity is the part of his brain that diagnoses coverages and runs routes. And it did that at the highest level we've ever seen. It's great.
That is fuckin hilarious if true lmao

It was an 0-0 ammy boxer vs a 49-0 ATG.

Pac, Marquez, Cotto, Mosley, Oscar, Canelo, and other ATG boxers could barely touch him, let alone beat him.

Floyd was barely 2 years retired, healthy, fit, and took very little damage his entire career.

How people act surprised or hold this against Conor means jackshit. 20lb is nothing for a guy like Floyd vs an ammy boxer.

Conor sold that fight so well that people literally hold it against him for losing......wow.

Lighten up Francis he made millions off talking shit. So now he takes a verbal hit. Big whoop.

My favorite part about Floyd is that he's basically retarded but has a boxing IQ of 210. He can barely read a sentence but he can completely diagnose and disarm an elite boxer's entire gameplan in 45 seconds. He's a boxing computer.

He was like Michael Jackson. Brow beat into the game by his family and trained to a gameplan from a young age. Like you said, odd everywhere else in life but a boxing savant.

Idk man. That’s like if Lebron got schooled by Lionel Messi in soccer. I wouldn’t really be surprised
Lebron would never agree to play soccer against him, Conor begged for his red panty night, and talked it up like he was the best. Sure, he was hyping shit, but when he got in there, he immediately knew it was a bad idea, Floyd solved the Conor puzzle in like 1:30

My favorite part about Floyd is that he's basically retarded but has a boxing IQ of 210. He can barely read a sentence but he can completely diagnose and disarm an elite boxer's entire gameplan in 45 seconds. He's a boxing computer.

He is a genius in the ring and a pretty damn good business man = retarded?

fucking lol.

real intelligence >>>> book smarts

He LOOKED competent. He really wasn't though. At least, not in my opinion.

I think Floyd thought Conor would look completely useless and he was gonna be able to just avoid everything Conor threw, just like most boxing fans did. And then Conor actually hit him with a "nice" counter uppercut and Floyd felt it, realized that he wasn't useless and also realized he has essentially zero power with boxing gloves on. Then Floyd let him tire himself out like a little kid and just beat the living shit out of him.

I think Conor boxed better than boxing fans thought he would. And he still only landed 2 legitimate punches (Counter Uppercut and Counter Left Hook that landed completely flush and Floyd didn't even acknowledge it).

So yeah, I guess the fact that he was even capable of successfully countering Floyd means he was somewhat competent. But Floyd helped him look way better than he actually was.

I should also say, if he fought anyone with a shred of real power he would have been KO'd early. I know he specifically picked Floyd because he thought he couldn't knock him out, but if he was boxing any other elite guy (the version of Floyd that Conor fought was not elite anymore) he would have been knocked out within 3 rounds.

That's nothing compared to how quickly Floyd would've been smashed in an MMA fight. I give him 2 minutes tops vs any half-decent MMA fighter.

crazy that conor haters are still acting like losing to FLOYD MAYWEATHER in BOXING is somehow embarrassing.
I dont think anyone would have minded so much if Conor hadnt talked the most immense loads of horseshit before the fight crapping on about how much he was going to win.
Most of it wasnt showmanship to build up the fight but just utter delusion from having so much wind blown up his arse from gifted fights in MMA

That's nothing compared to how quickly Floyd would've been smashed in an MMA fight. I give him 2 minutes tops vs any half-decent MMA fighter.

why not Kickboxing (not MT) vs Conor? Floyd would need only a few months for conors kicking game to make it competitive.

Grappling is gay.

crazy that conor haters are still acting like losing to FLOYD MAYWEATHER in BOXING is somehow embarrassing.
Nah, whats really bad is how Conor's fans bought into thinking it was gonna be competitive fight, that's whats really embarrassing. Rubbing it in your faces afterwards is just fun, not embarrassing in the least.

Nah, whats really bad is how Conor's fans bought into thinking it was gonna be competitive fight, that's whats really embarrassing. Rubbing it in your faces afterwards is just fun, not embarrassing in the least.
So many Conrad cucks were saying how Floyd wouldnt be able to handle his lethal left LOL

He LOOKED competent. He really wasn't though. At least, not in my opinion.

I think Floyd thought Conor would look completely useless and he was gonna be able to just avoid everything Conor threw, just like most boxing fans did. And then Conor actually hit him with a "nice" counter uppercut and Floyd felt it, realized that he wasn't useless and also realized he has essentially zero power with boxing gloves on. Then Floyd let him tire himself out like a little kid and just beat the living shit out of him.

I think Conor boxed better than boxing fans thought he would. And he still only landed 2 legitimate punches (Counter Uppercut and Counter Left Hook that landed completely flush and Floyd didn't even acknowledge it).

So yeah, I guess the fact that he was even capable of successfully countering Floyd means he was somewhat competent. But Floyd helped him look way better than he actually was.

I should also say, if he fought anyone with a shred of real power he would have been KO'd early. I know he specifically picked Floyd because he thought he couldn't knock him out, but if he was boxing any other elite guy (the version of Floyd that Conor fought was not elite anymore) he would have been knocked out within 3 rounds.
Keep trying causal. Conrad got carried

Rogan was really hyping Conor it was too much

Pacquiao arm punch hurt Floyd more than Conors flush uppercut, Conors power is overrated if you weigh 175 pounds you should be hurting fools, cant believe Rogan kept hyping Conors power said that Floyd never faced a guy with Conors power before lol
34f8d33f55284c71a4e88f08f283d540.gif

rogan takes too much drugs!

As if fucking Conor hit harder than Shane, Oscar, Manny, cotto, Maidana, Canelo etc, etc!! lol

It's only embarrassing if for months you keep telling everyone you will easily win by KO.

It's equally embarrassing to call your opponent a "glass jawed rat" and get dropped by same opponent.

Finally, it's embarrassing to shit on other fighters on twitter but never agree to fight them.

Idk man. That’s like if Lebron got schooled by Lionel Messi in soccer. I wouldn’t really be surprised

IDK man. Lebron is a pro who uses his hands in his sport. Lionel Messi uses his legs. Floyd uses his hands. Conor Mcgregor uses his hands and it's his primary skill set too. Also he had the weight, size, age advantage. Floyd was 40 years old and his best years were long behind him. Conor fought a handicap Mayweather. And if that wasn't enough Mayweather came forward and gave him openings, which is something he hasn't done in over 8 or 9 years.

Dood Mayweather was even nice enough to give Conor 75 million dollars.

Last edited:
He really didn't, though. Mayweather's strategy was to just let him punch himself out to make the fight "entertaining" and then take over. And that's what he did.

Did Conor do better than Mayweather expected him to? I believe so. But he didn't do well. He just wasn't completely useless. Only kind of useless. I said this in another thread and it's true, Conor might be the softest puncher I've ever seen in a televised boxing match.

I truly believe that if Floyd just stuck his chin and out and let Conor hit him as hard as he could, he still wouldn't have even put Floyd on shaky legs. The compubox numbers are legitimate. He hit Floyd a lot. But 99% of them were absolutely meaningless and likely inflicted no damage at all to Floyd.

Not to mention, Floyd didn't fight Conor the way he fought..really anybody in the last 12 years. He walked Conor down and barely threw. Basically inviting Conor to throw. If the slow version of Floyd we saw that night had done that against any other boxer he's faced he'd have been knocked out. So those compubox numbers are meaningless in a critical sense. Conor landed legitimately 2 shots with any semblance of significance. Floyd probably landed 40.

I know this topic has been beat to death but I've re-watched this fight so much that I just needed to get my opinion out there.

Note: I do not dislike Conor. He's awesome.

It's funny because I saw some GIFS of Ginger's Khabib fight, I think in the 3rd when he was hald-gassed, and he does land flush on Khabib, but with no power and with weird punching mechanics.

A tired Ginger can't do shit with his hands, it seems. The paradox is that he truly is a fucking sniper when he is not tired.

Lastly, I just wanted to remind all that Ginger did MUCH better than everyone thought against Floyd.

Back