CR7 vs MESSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo is better, he is the more dangerous scorer. Messi just has better jukes and shit. Ronaldo has better penalties and free kicks and is more powerful as a striker.
Neither of them is a striker...

Pretty much everyone in here agrees CR7 is better. Lock thread.
Hmmm:

Messi. Most complete player.

Messi, for me, is the GOAT of football

Messi vs. CR7 arguments never end well.

Both are all time greats, but I give Messi the edge as he is a better all around player, and is still adding to his game. Seems to be the better teammate also, is genuinely happy for his teammates and not pissed if he didn't score the goal.

I see Messi as the more complete player of the two mentioned.

Cristiano is a great player, there's no point in denying that. He just made the involuntary mistake of being born in the same era of Messi.

Unless a career ending injury gets in the way, I'm convinced that once alll is said and done, Messi will be the one on top.

Messi>Ronaldo. All day, ere'day.

Messi is the most complete player in the world.

He literally is the system of Barcelona, he's the main operative in all of the phases.

He's the best, the god of football.

Ronaldo is a great goalscorer but he cannot carry a team on his own. If you nullify the service you nullify him.

We need a poll for this one. Messi takes it anyways. Lol.

Yeah, you can have whoever else as your favorite player, but Messi is still best.

He's just nasty. From last night:

ezgif.com-optimize__5_.0.0.gif

Both are great players with distinctive styles and roles. Nevertheless, Messi can indeed make a difference in his team. Pelé is still the GOAT though.
How old are you?

Have you seen prime Pelé play outside of 3 minute black and white YouTube highlight videos or are you just judging him based on someone else opinion?

How old are you?

Have you seen prime Pelé play outside of 3 minute black and white YouTube highlight videos or are you just judging him based on someone else opinion?
I didn't begin to watch football yesterday mate, that's for sure

I didn't begin to watch football yesterday mate, that's for sure
Even then, Pelé retired in 1977.

You would have to be at least 50 to have had watched him live regularly when he was in his prime, unless again, you watched a ton of rerun highlights of his games.

Even then, Pelé retired in 1977.

You would have to be at least 50 to have had watched him live regularly when he was in his prime, unless again, you watched a ton of rerun highlights of his games.
Fact is Pelé is the greatest. Only teenagers try to name Messi or Crisitiano Ronaldo. I'm not saying that they are not great. They are, but there are a lot of guys who made history before them. Like I said before CR7 isn't even the best Ronaldo. I've been to Argentina and nobody would dare compare Messi to Maradona.

Neither of them is a striker...

Hmmm:

Unlike the posters you mentioned I've actually played the game at some of the highest levels. My opinion holds far more water than theirs/your own.

Unlike the posters you mentioned I've actually played the game at some of the highest levels. My opinion holds far more water than theirs/your own.
Let's go back and read your original post:
Pretty much everyone in here agrees CR7 is better. Lock thread.
You're clearly stating "pretty much everyone in here agrees CR7 is better."

And I actually proved you were incorrect, as the majority says Messi > CR7.

I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suite, but that's fine as you've "actually played the game at some of the highest levels." even though I'm positive no one has an idea of who/what you're exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
im 2 busy 2 watch UFC .... but did anyone actually saw the self proclamed " best player of the last 20 years" actually do anything today ?!
ive gotta tell you that , as a portuguese, that wasnt exactly unexpectable !!

At this point its not even a debate. Ronaldo is phenomenal, maybe the best goal scorer in the world but Messi is on a different level. Take away the goals and Ronaldo has nothing. Messi would still be a superior version of Modric+Isco put together. Anyone who thinks Ronaldo is a better footballer either doesn't understand football, doesn't watch much of Messi/Ronaldo apart from the classicos or is blinded by Ronaldo love(or Messi hate). As i can see all the regular La Liga followers in here rate Messi higher.

Hey Cristiana lovers ... i challenge you to show me a vídeo where the Diva Ronalda does something even remotly close to this ...

... ill be patiently waiting ... in my grave.

messi came off the bench and scored a hatr trick and absolutely demolished mexico the last two games.

ronaldo cant even convert a simple penalty.

that says it all

I don't think this is even close, Messi might be the best soccer play of all time. Same level as Pele, Maradona and Beckenbauer.

Ronaldo while also and excellent player is one step behind. He is on the Zidane, Matthaeus, Maldini Level.

And I actually like Ronaldo, I feel behind the arrogance and marketing machine he seems to be a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back