CR7 vs MESSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup as expected, youre just talking outta your ass

you can stfu now
what do you want me to present to you?
You're saying something that exists doesn't exist. The onus is not on me. But there are opta stats, squawka, independent television entities that provide stats on assists, dribbles, first touches, chances created, clearances, literally every movement you could make in the sport. And you're saying they don't exist because...you don't know what you're talking about

I'm a Ronaldo guy, but objectively speaking Messi is a better player and the greatest player of my lifetime

Yeah, you can have whoever else as your favorite player, but Messi is still best.

He's just nasty. From last night:

ezgif.com-optimize__5_.0.0.gif

what do you want me to present to you?
You're saying something that exists doesn't exist. The onus is not on me. But there are opta stats, squawka, independent television entities that provide stats on assists, dribbles, first touches, chances created, clearances, literally every movement you could make in the sport. And you're saying they don't exist because...you don't know what you're talking about

so when you watch a regular soccer game are you gonna be bombarded by those "stats" like in other sports or you just gonna hear whose the top scorer?

look at this thread, did anybody come with thsoe stats to support their argument as to why one is better than the other? nope ppl were mostly talking about winning n who scores more.

even yourself you were quick to jump in n tell me "i have no idae what im talking about", but didnt really contribute with anything relevant.

like i said in other sports stats are part of the game n everyday conversation.

im sure if we were talking about basketball or football we wouldve seen already some type of stat come up.

Both are great players with distinctive styles and roles. Nevertheless, Messi can indeed make a difference in his team. Pelé is still the GOAT though.

Both are great players with distinctive styles and roles. Nevertheless, Messi can indeed make a difference in his team. Pelé is still the GOAT though.
Pele isn't fit to lace Cruyff's boots. Let alone Messi's.

Pele isn't fit to lace Cruyff's boots. Let alone Messi's.
Everything Messi does Pelé could do it too, but much better. Pelé was doing tricks that Messi and CR7 still can't even do today, decades later.
And Cruyff? Seriously????
The thing is Pelé was so much better than everyone else that there wasn't even a debate. Messi and CR7 were already stablished players when the likes of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, etc were still playing and they didn't never achieve such level of greatness.
Messi isn't even the best Argentinean football player of all time, Maradona is. He pratically won a World Cup alone.

Everything Messi does Pelé could do it too, but much better. Pelé was doing tricks that Messi and CR7 still can't even do today, decades later.
like what? Never winning a club-level trophy that ever mattered to anyone?

like what? Never winning a club-level trophy that ever mattered to anyone?
Last time I checked the Libertadores was still the most prestigious South American Tournarment (thus the second most prestigious in the world), and he won it two times.

Last time I checked the Libertadores was still the most prestigious South American Tournarment (thus the second most prestigious in the world), and he won it two times.

In the 60s, Libertadores = European Cup

Imagine if all the great Brazilian, Argentine, Uruguayan, Colombian players stayed at home and played against each other instead of going to Europe. That's what the Libertadores was. Oh, and the European Cup had few South Americans and zero players from the rest of the world so it was much weaker than what it is today.

And I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but Pele vs Europe:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/pele-s-santos-vs-european-clubs-statistical-overview.157423/

Ronaldo is better, he is the more dangerous scorer. Messi just has better jukes and shit. Ronaldo has better penalties and free kicks and is more powerful as a striker.

Pretty much everyone in here agrees CR7 is better. Lock thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back