CR7 vs MESSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmpireShallFall

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alright Sports Bar with the Copa America and the UEFA EURO going on I figured we'd have this little debate.

Ronaldo just yesterday said he is the best player of the last 20 years. In my opinion, no one is as good as him. The honours he has received individually and the teams he's been a part of speak for themselves.

Messi of course is no slouch. And is right up there but just falls a little short. How do you guys feel, who's the best in the world?

21035_Barcelona__Real_Madrid_tiene_dia_y_hora.jpg

Ronaldo is the best ever. He didn't need tons of peds like messi did.

I know he took peds earlier in his career, but do you think he still does?
He had to, to grow to a normal size(well still short) but he's never failed a test and it was all in accordance with the rules.

Messi vs. CR7 arguments never end well.

Both are all time greats, but I give Messi the edge as he is a better all around player, and is still adding to his game. Seems to be the better teammate also, is genuinely happy for his teammates and not pissed if he didn't score the goal.

Pepe didn't play in the modern game. He played mainly in the US leagues. He was the GOAT of his era.

Modern era GOAT and all round GOAT = Messi

Pele played for Santos a Brazilian club for 19 season and played in the US for 3. Pele also won 3 world cups. Messi will never win 1.

Pele played for Santos a Brazilian club for 19 season and played in the US for 3. Pele also won 3 world cups. Messi will never win 1.
The "never won a World Cup" argument doesn't run fair. If The football GOAT happened to be born an Azerbajani (for arguments sake), then by that logic, they could NEVER become GOAT. As Azerbajan (or insert weak national team here), would never be strong enough to win a World Cup.

Messi has won the ballon d'or more times than anyone in history. Won a bunch of La Liga and Champions league titles, too.

Two different eras. Different leagues, it's really hard to compare the two in a fair way.

Statistically i believe they score similair ammount of goals but i think messi has much more assists. They are both unbelievable but i think messi is more complete.

Ronaldo is probably a bit more fun to watch, messi just goes by 5 defender without doing a single trick he just runs between them and ball is stuck to his feet. Ronaldo does some crazy shit...

For me main reason i like Messi more tha Rondaldo is, Ronaldo often acts like a bitch, he falls down on every contact, tryes to influence the refs all the time, cryes lke a bitch every time he doesnt get the call, while Messi is hard to take down he just fights and continues the play until refs stop it.

Theyre both unbelievable, this guy is the GOAT though:

I see Messi as the more complete player of the two mentioned.

Cristiano is a great player, there's no point in denying that. He just made the involuntary mistake of being born in the same era of Messi.

Unless a career ending injury gets in the way, I'm convinced that once alll is said and done, Messi will be the one on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back