Cowboys attitude towards opponents

High Altitude

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I love it how calm and friendly cowboy is around his opponents.

His opponents look so tense around him, but it doesn't phase him one bit.

Seems like I really started noticing this after he fought Diaz. Lots of trashtalking back and forth and tense staredowns prior to that one. Maybe he was calm and friendly to opponents alot prior to that, as I dont really remember. Been a fan of his since the WEC days but of course there wasnt Embedded and alot of weigh in footage from back then. Cowboy is a pretty cool customer until that cage door slams.

I think he's finally gotten past his mental hurdles, and now he's basically like "Fighting is what I do, I'm damn good at it, put me in with anyone. Don't care if it's a weight class up, whatever. I'm going to have fun, going to get paid, going to put on a show."

Nobody has impressed me more in how much they've grown as a fighter than Cowboy. His fight IQ has skyrocketed, and he understands what it takes to not only be really good but also really entertaining.

He seems like a cool dude. Not a fan of what happened with Bobby Green, but overall he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Their media exchange was funny. Cowboy: "Are you ready?" Jury: "I was born ready"

Well, consider it brought!

Cowboys seems like ever-so-slightly a dick but I like him anyway. Wish I could kick like he does.

Cowboy seems to be a genuine guy from what I see in the media. Cool dude & rooting for him.

The Nate fight destabilized him mentally I think. He countered by distracting himself as often as possible leading up to the fight. He doesn't get too mentally involved.

Cowboy is a badass and mentally very strong. It seems like he may talk trash before the fight but wouldn't really take it personally and treats it just like another job.

He seems like a cool dude. Not a fan of what happened with Bobby Green, but overall he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

This sums up how I feel about him too. I like the way he asked Alvarez if he was exited and Jury if he was ready like they were about to go rafting together :D

Cool guy, love the way he always wants to fight. He must've took home about half a mill last year with all the fights and bonuses he had.

I like how chill he is too, prior to fights. I noticed that with Eddie Alvarez. Cowboy seemed to kind of sincerely be nice to him prior to the fight, like he was welcoming him as part of the UFC organization. Then he beat the hell out of him when the cage door closed. lol

But yeah, cowboy is a likeable dude. Unless you have a hot G/F. Then hide her around him. haha

hes a veteran and got it finally together. he said in an interview that when he fought pettis and saw how "angry" pettis was he was like "oh shit, im fighting this guy and i made him go mad" (dont remember exact quote but something along those lines).

Cowboy seems to be a genuine guy from what I see in the media. Cool dude & rooting for him.

Except, ya know, for all the complaints fans have had of him during expos, when he's drunk, groping fans and staring down their boy friends.

Aside from that absolutely deplorable behavior, I guess he's a "cool dude".

Except, ya know, for all the complaints fans have had of him during expos, when he's drunk, groping fans and staring down their boy friends.

Aside from that absolutely deplorable behavior, I guess he's a "cool dude".

any source for this? if they are just rumours and nothing confirmed, no need to get so sensitive about it.

any source for this? if they are just rumours and nothing confirmed, no need to get so sensitive about it.

Bobby Green made a big stink about it.

Lots of fans have given anecdotal accounts of his tom-foolery. Can't get much more evidence than that aside from a video of it.

I could see it happening though.

Here's a link to some fans going off on their experiences with the "cool dude" Cerrone -
http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/2ek0k4/bobby_green_accuses_racist_donald_cerrone_of/

Seems like I really started noticing this after he fought Diaz. Lots of trashtalking back and forth and tense staredowns prior to that one. Maybe he was calm and friendly to opponents alot prior to that, as I dont really remember. Been a fan of his since the WEC days but of course there wasnt Embedded and alot of weigh in footage from back then. Cowboy is a pretty cool customer until that cage door slams.

"Really the only interaction I've had with Nate is at the open workout prior to this fight. We don't even know we're fighting each other at this point. I walk over to be like, 'hey man, what's going on?' Shake his hand... he slaps my hand away and calls me a punk ass (expletive) and walks off. And I was like, 'what? Alright.'"

He tried to be nice to Nate originally? there was some meeting where he tried to shake Nate's friend and Nate flipped him off and started cursing him out and saying "I'm not your fucking friend" blah blah blah

Im almost positive that there was a video of it

I think he's finally gotten past his mental hurdles, and now he's basically like "Fighting is what I do, I'm damn good at it, put me in with anyone. Don't care if it's a weight class up, whatever. I'm going to have fun, going to get paid, going to put on a show."

Nobody has impressed me more in how much they've grown as a fighter than Cowboy. His fight IQ has skyrocketed, and he understands what it takes to not only be really good but also really entertaining.

This.

Cowboy won himself another fan right here.

He seems like a guy who can't keep his hands off other mens gf's/wives from what I've seen.

That makes him a bad guy.

Back