Cowboy is in Beast Mode

Bendo by being more of an athlete.

Bendo vs Cerrone III out of nowhere holy shit! Sucks its a 3 rounder though. Anyway, FOTY 2015 there you have it.

What does it has to do with his rankings if he fights with 3,4,5 weeks notice?Is he a better striker if he fights with 1 second notice than 3 seconds notice?

I really don't understand fighters.I get it,when you're all bruised up that you have to let it recover,but it takes max 1-2 weeks when you haven't got bad injuries.

Why not fight right after??

I remember that if i didn't play for 3 weeks i felt like crap.You have to get used to the rythm etc again.I can't even imagine what it must feel like to fight twice a YEAR in the cage for 3 minutes...

What Cowboy is doing is smart.What other fighters are doing is dumb.They're at a much bigger disadvantage come fight night.

He is the real "Marlboro Man", GO COWBOY YEY HA !

gotta respect Cowboy always brings it and doesn't back down from anyone. But he said he sparred for 3 rounds backstage before the Jury fight, then went 3 rounds with Jury. Now fighting Bendo next weekend, thats a taxing toll on the body. Bendo also is a grinder, props to Cowboy for being game but i don't expect a great performance. Not enough time

The best thing about fighters like cowboy is that they could lose a couple of fights and still not be cut and not lose any fans.

didn't he get popped for a weight cutting banned substance, not really a steroid?

Banned substances are banned substances but it wasn't like he was shooting up horse roids...hard to hate on a guy too much, especially when it happened so early in his career.

I think he HOF worthy, especially if he defeats Bendo...

When I heard this about him taking this fight against Bendo, I was super excited. Been wanting to see them rematch again since WEC days. But 2 weeks to prep for this fight, this man is a BEAST! Win or lose, he will gain more fans than ever. He's the definition of a true fighter who will fight anyone anytime.

I have more and more respect for Cowboy with each fight. The guy is hungry and motivated and his fights are always fun to watch. Shit- how many guys would even try to fight as much as he has been recently? He is really going for it.

I love Cowboy. Dude's such a boss.

I was already pumped for the UFC Boston card 'cause I'm gonna be there, but now that one of my favorites is on the card it's that much better! WOOP WOOP!!! WAR COWBOY.

If he wins... do they guarantee him the next available title shot ?

eqoswcf0itsismgm421c.gif

Are we pretending RDA isn't a real person?

When I heard this about him taking this fight against Bendo, I was super excited. Been wanting to see them rematch again since WEC days. But 2 weeks to prep for this fight, this man is a BEAST! Win or lose, he will gain more fans than ever. He's the definition of a true fighter who will fight anyone anytime.

Word. I could see him being annoying out of the cage but in the cage...he's a beast. His fight mentality is also everything you wanna see in a fighter.

I wish he was Chucks size and they could of fought in his prime. I'd of loved to of seen those 2 go at it. It would of been a battle of wolverines. Neither thinking for a second on backing down.

Uh-huh. Think cowboy is gonna wait a year until Pettis is ready to fight again? I don't.

Nah, he'll for sure get back in there way before Pettis wants to fight him. I'm sure Pettis will wanna take at least 5 months off after RDA unless RDA wins then...idk. I could see Cowboy fighting 1 or 2 more times after the Bendo fight in that span of time.

What does it has to do with his rankings if he fights with 3,4,5 weeks notice?Is he a better striker if he fights with 1 second notice than 3 seconds notice?

I really don't understand fighters.I get it,when you're all bruised up that you have to let it recover,but it takes max 1-2 weeks when you haven't got bad injuries.

Why not fight right after??

I remember that if i didn't play for 3 weeks i felt like crap.You have to get used to the rythm etc again.I can't even imagine what it must feel like to fight twice a YEAR in the cage for 3 minutes...

What Cowboy is doing is smart.What other fighters are doing is dumb.They're at a much bigger disadvantage come fight night.

Totally agree with that. Besides, most fighters are sparring hard enough in practice that it resembles a real fight, but its not the same as being center stage in front of a crowd with all that pressure. Might as well do the real thing more often and avoid ring rust and UFC jitters.

Back