COUNTER-STRIKE players club v2: Cloud9 made America great again

I'm enjoying the beta. Something feels different in regard to movement and gunplay but I assume it has something to do with the tick rate changes and further adjustments will occur. Hit reg is really good.

@KaNesDeath Have you seen this AI anticheat? If it works like they say, it should be huge.

Valve already does this with VACnet. John Mcdonald from Valve did a GDC talk on it in 2018:

Not to get convoluted but i noticed VACnets implementation before it was officially announced in early February of 2018. Made a post on CSGO's subreddit about something changing in Overwatch. January of this year another drastic change in my Overwatch cases happened. Quality of them got insanely tough. To the point i was positive they were subtly cheating or they were likely cheating but the information was inconclusive.

With CS2 beta release we lost access to Overwatch in CSGO. With datamining of CS2 showing a match can be canceled if someone is caught cheating. Add in the sub-tick system its possible VACnet is now live in real time for CS2's release.

I'm enjoying the beta

I'll be praying to the lego gods that youll step on one during a late night adventure to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My prediction for today's Grand Slam.

If RAIN shows up, FaZe got this. If RAIN doesn't, Cloud9 wins.

As for who I am pulling for, I always pull for Cloud 9 by default UNLESS they are facing FaZe. FaZe is my favorite team, so I am pulling for FaZe today.

There is some fool Cloud 9 fan in audience screaming like a damned ww2 kamakazi. It is starting to get annoying.

Expected them to lose the series after losing map three. Cloud9 seemed like they finally woke up.

Yeah seemed like it. But I think this particular line-up on FaZe is the best in the world currently IF player RAIN has been practicing. The collective player skill and IQ on FaZe right now is unsurpassable when they are all in top form. I fully expected Broky, Twistzz and Robz to be in top form on Sunday, but RAIN is always the inconsistent uncertainty. Problem is he's got a life apart from Counter Strike now and has mainly just been coasting on experience rather than insane addiction to the game you find in younger, hungrier players.

Cloud 9 is obviously one of the top 3 or 4 teams just raw skill-wise (in shooting ability) right now but I just don't think Nafany has the team leader/calling adaptability skills necessary for Cloud 9 to be a true ASTRALIS (2018-2020) type team. I don't think Cloud 9 will ever make a solid year+ long run in the big tournaments where the big money is on the line. But Cloud 9 is my 2nd fav team.

Last edited:
Some sub-tick investigating:

Valve wasnt misleading. The sub-tick system is sending information to the server below 1 millisecond
<Eek2.0>

Beautiful match by Evil Geniuses vs FURIA (on Mirage) in the BLAST Premier: Spring American Showdown 2023

Would love to see more from this all North American line up, team first formed in 2022.

Ra7JXvm.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Evil Geniuses! One of most exciting map series I've seen in a while.

@KaNesDeath Does CSGO not do bans for abusive verbal chat? I've run into people multiple days in a row that drop racists stuff in voice chat every match.

@KaNesDeath Does CSGO not do bans for abusive verbal chat? I've run into people multiple days in a row that drop racists stuff in voice chat every match.

It does. On the scoreboard if you right click someones name a series of options show up. Triangle with the exclamation point is to send reports that include griefing, cheating, verbal abuse and others. If a person receives an X amount of behavioral reports they can receive a temporary competitive cooldown and have their microphone auto-muted by default.

For Valves MM ive followed a great queue guideline since 2016'sh. Only queue Sunday through Thursday after 9pm and before 1am locally. Would also suggest avoiding Mirage. Players who queue during those hours have mature personalities.

gahd Cloud 9 makes some of the most frustratingly dumb tactical defense moves. Likely seriously, CSGO 101 bomb defense stuff that they somehow still manage to frick up.

Last edited:
@KaNesDeath Have you seen this AI anticheat? If it works like they say, it should be huge.

There will be a back and forth like every new iteration of cheating tech. There are impressive AI assisted cheating systems being developed also.

No need to access local memory, no need to even exist on the same system.

gahd Cloud 9 makes some of the most frustratingly dumb tactical defense moves. Likely seriously, CSGO 101 bomb defense stuff that they somehow still manage to frick up.

Buster just doesnt seem to be working on the roster as intended.

Back