Could You Beat Your Middle Ages Ancestors in a Fight?

Bballfan123

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I always think about this, could you beat your ancestors in unarmed combat?

Let's think about this:

Ancestors:
-Probably have extreme physical strength compared to us
-Worked all day in fields, as blacksmiths, etc. Rode horses. Probably had extremely high amounts of stamina, close to unlimited compared to a modern person
-Saw extremely heavy amounts of combat, violence and death- most likely killed several men if not more with their bare hands or sword
-Possibly well fed? Middle Ages people actually had a decent diet when not in famine. That is a common misnomer. Only certain populations had meagre diets, such as portuguese and Spaniards, which in part led to the colonization of the new world. other groups had decent to great food. All they did was farm, war and eat, they had all day to slow cook. Also ate more foods, such as quail and roast fowl/boar.
-possibly diseased at all times, unknown. They might have been healthy. Although the average age was only 35, many ppl died in childbirth. Many people lived into their 80s and 90s. Not sure how healthy they would be on a day to day basis. Perhaps a sherdogger can weigh in?

Modern person:
-Most likely is somewhat bigger. Middle Ages ppl averages around 5'4, obviously some tall ppl in there.
-Definitely has access to MORE food, as far as the quality that might be debatable. I would rather eat middle Ages slow cooked meat vs mcdonalds hamburgers.
-Game changer- knows submission grappling or at least the basics. Jiu jitsu is unbeatable to people who don't know what it is.

What do you think

Let's think about this:

Ancestors:
-Worked all day in fields, as blacksmiths, etc. Rode horses. Probably had extremely high amounts of stamina, close to unlimited compared to a modern person
-Saw extremely heavy amounts of combat, violence and death- most likely killed several men if not more with their bare hands or sword
-Possibly well fed? Middle Ages people actually had a decent diet when not in famine. That is a common misnomer. Only certain populations had meagre diets, such as portuguese and Spaniards, which in part led to the colonization of the new world. other groups had decent to great food. All they did was farm, war and eat, they had all day to slow cook. Also ate more foods, such as quail and roast fowl/boar.
-possibly diseased at all times, unknown. They might have been healthy. Although the average age was only 35, many ppl died in childbirth. Many people lived into their 80s and 90s. Not sure how healthy they would be on a day to day basis. Perhaps a sherdogger can weigh in?

Modern person:
-Most likely is somewhat bigger. Middle Ages ppl averages around 5'4, obviously some tall ppl in there.
-Definitely has access to MORE food, as far as the quality that might be debatable. I would rather eat middle Ages slow cooked meat vs mcdonalds hamburgers.
-Game changer- knows submission grappling or at least the basics. Jiu jitsu is unbeatable to people who don't know what it is.

What do you think

Jiu jitsu is still beatable sometimes via striking, groin strikes and eye pokes in particular.

My ancestors were Aztec warriors, Gods of the land, rulers of all they surveyed, no one could beat them, NO ONE!!

Let's think about this:

Ancestors:

Modern person:

What do you think
Not sure

I mean I’m 6’5” 250’ with 12% body fat and I lift but I worry about getting my nose bit off or my nuts ripped from my loins

so I’m not sure

Let's think about this:

Ancestors:

Modern person:

What do you think
Not sure

I mean I’m 6’5” 250’ with 12% body fat and I lift but I worry about getting my nose bit off or my nuts ripped from my loins

so I’m not sure

Let's think about this:

Ancestors:

Modern person:

What do you think
Not sure

so I’m not sure

Why is that all the people who throw up swastikas and upside down crosses absolute and total losers who think they aren't?

Not sure

so I’m not sure
I would assume your ancestors had some extremely physical and tough job as well like blacksmith or horse wrangler. Or straight up barbarian savage in plate armor with combat experience

Could you outlift your grandpa? How about your grandpa's grandpa's grandpa? I honestly don't know

He will probably die quick from covid before I throw the first swing

Back