News Would You Rather Fight a Medieval Priest or a Roman Foot Soldier?

Either one of those guys would destroy a modern man in sword fight(pause). In a fist fight I would fight the priest fighting the roman manlet soldier would leave me injured even if I won vs a very a squirly buff manlet.

Let me see here.
1. -Doesnt have hetero sex, very high T levels
2. -Skilled at grappling men
3. -Has sex, strong pelvic floor

Lets be honest TS, you wanna have sex with them..

Hand to hand combat definitely the priest.

Priests were actually allowed to get married up until the 11th century. So can I assume we’re talking about one of those super blue balling, bitter 12th century priests??

Well, the priest naturally. My DNA indicates I'm part viking so it would only be natural for me to raid and pillage a monastery.

Soldier boy has 100+ confirmed kills. Boils ppl in oil on Tuesdays. Runs 100 miles a week, every week. Does HIIT daily. Knows multiple languages

He's taking home a skull

I'd go Full Teutoburg Forest on his bitch ass. {<Mcgoat}

Either one of those guys would destroy a modern man in sword fight(pause). In a fist fight I would fight the priest fighting the roman manlet soldier would leave me injured even if I won vs a very a squirly buff manlet.
Monks back then didn't practice anything related to combat. If we are talking about a crusader, which was simply a knight or an Inquisitor, yes. But monks didn't do shit in their monastries besides, reading, writing, singing, gardening, drinking, ripping village people off and fucking each other.

They were also tiny and riddled with diseases, stank and died at 40 years of age.

And on top, I practiced medievil sword fighting for years, with hand forged swords, chestmail, helmet etc.

A knight would destroy me of course but no fucking monk.

Two options

Medieval Priest
-Doesnt have hetero sex, very high T levels
-Obeys laws all day long, tough as nails
-Probably large and hefty, rotund stomach and powerful ab muscles
-Large, powerful forearms from doing priest stuff day in, day out
-Able to consume prodigious amounts of alcohol
-Not opposed to pillaging the coffers if the situation calls for it
-Doesnt commit many sins, has an incredible constitution from obeying the Bible day after day

Roman Foot Soldier
-Extremely good physical shape, could run 15 miles no questions asked
-Has taken many lives, would not hesitate to kill
-around 5'6, not as big as the priest
-Well travelled, dignified man. Has experienced many cultures and cuisines from years of pillaging
-Has sex, strong pelvic floor
-Able to consume prodigious amounts of alcohol

Who's the tougher out?

Id rather fight the priest, how is this a question?

Is this Roman soldier a part of Caesar's legions or is it one of those cans that get wrecked at Cannae?
Cannae? Is that the origin of the term "Can"??? Woah, I feel like I just stepped into the "Sherdog High Institute of Tutelage". Not only is everyone here a shredded 6'7" /245lb killing machine, but look at the grey matter up in this place!

<seedat>

I'm fighting the fat priest with no head movement and I'll smack that stupid haircut right off his head.

Is it armed combat or hand to hand?

If armed, can I bring my own melee weapons and armor?

Most medieval clergy were also warriors. Roman's were not very big and fought with a short sword foe close battle combat. In Medieval times they used a long sword that was stronger an heavier as were to fighters .

I would choose the clergyman more times to win

Most medieval clergy were also warriors. Roman's were not very big and fought with a short sword foe close battle combat. In Medieval times they used a long sword that was stronger an heavier as were to fighters .

I would choose the clergyman more times to win
Most weren't. Many were. but Monks and priests typically weren't. It was the under the religious knight orders that had warrior monks and priests. So, Knights Templar, Hospitalier, and about a dozen other orders.
The OP was describing a monk as a friar or abbot. Not a knight from a religious order. .

Does the priest have healing abilities?

Back