Could Velasquez Become Heavyweight GOAT?

Cain might be the best, but he's not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

He needs GREAT fights, a GREAT win streak and he needs to showcase a more diverse and mixed skill set. He's never gonna be the greatest by hugging his greatest rivals to death.

The current Champ is always the GOAT of any division because the game is evolving so fast that whoever is currently the champ is the GREATEST EVER.

For example, Weidman is the MW GOAT because he'd easily smash all Anderson's opponents. I mean, the game has evolved so much since Anderson's run ended.

Am I right?

The current Champ is always the GOAT of any division because the game is evolving so fast that whoever is currently the champ is the GREATEST EVER.

For example, Weidman is the MW GOAT because he'd easily smash all Anderson's opponents. I mean, the game has evolved so much since Anderson's run ended.

Am I right?
Not sure CHris beats Hendo or Belfot

Fair enough but I would take prime nog x2 , Cro cop randleman, arlovski , simply because he fought them at their own strengths and didn't focus on his own.

Not to mention Brett Rogers, too. Some people might laugh, but Rogers was a dangerous guy with his standup, and Fedor being the smaller fighter, didn't try to fight to Rogers' weakness but instead went to knock him out.

Fedor was the best for his time. Cain is the best now. This doesn't take away from either of their achievements.

But hey opinions are like assholes and I respect yours. Why was Brock such a great win ?

Well, as bad as Brock's striking was, I thought he was a very good wrestler with a devastating GnP, and overall, he was a very fast, athletic fighter for someone that big. He only lost to the very best in Cain and Overeem, who was on a constant horsemeat diet at the time :icon_chee.

Cain might be the best, but he's not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination.

He needs GREAT fights, a GREAT win streak and he needs to showcase a more diverse and mixed skill set. He's never gonna be the greatest by hugging his greatest rivals to death.

Why does he need great fights? People would just start calling him overrated if he started struggling

he beat JDS twice now, if he holds the belt much longer, then yeah

He's definitely building an arguement to be such.

Maybe if he ever fight someone who isn't jds or Bigfoot...

And he already has one loss while Fedor had zero in his prime. So no matter what he does there will Always Be an argument

Back