Could Velasquez Become Heavyweight GOAT?

He will get there.

He is just a damn monster, that cardio is insane.

Pretty much tied atm, with wins over Werdum and a couple more guys hed be the clear number 1

He probably already is. Cain's best wins are over JDS x2, Bigfoot x2, and Brock.

No of course not no one will beat fedors achievements

Yes, when Fedor was Cain's age, he was fighting Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland. Remind of who Cain just beat? J.D. Something-or-other?

Fedor in his prime would have walked Cain.

Nope, he never fought a wrestler who was anywhere near as well-rounded or well-conditioned as Cain.

And no, beating a 40-year old Coleman (who left the UFC years before fighting Fedor after a 3-fight losing streak) doesn't count.

I'm not even a big fan of him, but he already is. Like it or not.

I'm a defender of the idea that Fedor is the best heavyweight that we've ever seen, but that is based on his career achievements and his abilities in the context of his time.

I do not believe that any version of Fedor would beat JDS or Cain. They are the two best in terms of overall ability that I have ever seen. Cain could well become the greatest ever.

Cain beat an over the hill Nog and Bigfoot beat an over the hill Fedor. Learn how to use context instead of fightfinder

No of course not no one will beat fedors achievements

Who the hell did fedor beat that cain would not smash? All Cain does is fight the best where fedor had tough fights and easy ones..

Cain already has a stellar resume, and his best wins rival Fedor's. If he can remain uninjured, he will become the definitive heavyweight GOAT.

Lol when even Cain and JDS say Fedor is Goat how can you argue? Delusion runs rife on these boards right after an event . If he holds the belt a couple of years he enters the conversation. Shit to call somebody HW goat or goat for that matter.

Nog as well

Nog was great in his prime, but he was washed up when he fought Tim Sylvia. I wouldn't say he was one of Cain's best wins at the time he beat him. But it doesn't really matter anyway, because beating JDS x2, Bigfoot x2, and Brock is good enough, in my opinion, to put Cain at current HW GOAT.

Yes, TS Cain is the GOAT! Until he loses again, then the guy who beats him is the GOAT.

Nog was great in his prime, but he was washed up when he fought Tim Sylvia. I wouldn't say he was one of Cain's best wins at the time he beat him. But it doesn't really matter anyway, because beating JDS x2, Bigfoot x2, and Brock is good enough, in my opinion, to put Cain at current HW GOAT.

Fair enough but I would take prime nog x2 , Cro cop randleman, arlovski , simply because he fought them at their own strengths and didn't focus on his own. But hey opinions are like assholes and I respect yours. Why was Brock such a great win ?

Lol when even Cain and JDS say Fedor is Goat how can you argue? Delusion runs rife on these boards right after an event . If he holds the belt a couple of years he enters the conversation. Shit to call somebody HW goat or goat for that matter.

Fedor was HW GOAT of his time. Cain is the current HW GOAT. In 5-10 years, someone else will probably come along and claim the HW GOAT title.

Back