Could O'Malley give a legend one more shot?

WolfPackHunter

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Okay so with Sandhagen and Umar only talking about each other and will fight in a "number 1 contenders fight. If Suga Sean beats Merab and goes on the mic and calls out Featherweight GOAT Jose Aldo could we see the UFC bypass the winner of Corey and Umar and make the O'Malley vs Aldo fight? Could we see Jose Aldo win another belt years after I thought he should have retired?
Think of it like this, he built 145, he went unbeaten over 10 years, he was WEC then UFC champion for many of those years. I believe he lost a step in the 2nd Mendes fight but he carried on and lost to Conor but look at the killers row of opponents he's faced out of his prime... Moraes, Volk, Max etc.
I would support Jose's shot at another gold belt down at 135

A good idea bro but if Sean pulls out we have Aldo vs someone that's gonna just wrestle him again, it's also the very guy he lost too before his mini retirement there. I think it only works if Sean beats Merab and Jose gets back to those drilling leg kicks vs Sean's skinny legs

A good idea bro but if Sean pulls out we have Aldo vs someone that's gonna just wrestle him again, it's also the very guy he lost too before his mini retirement there. I think it only works if Sean beats Merab and Jose gets back to those drilling leg kicks vs Sean's skinny legs
no one even beats aldo wrestling him. they just hold him against the cage and stall the whole fight lol that volkanovski decision is still one of the grosser "reward stalling" decisions i've seen

He could and I don't mind it. Though, Merab should be first in line.

Nah man.

No more free rides. They already gave him a shot against Yan after losing to Moraes. That shit ain't right to do it again over Merab.

If Suga Sean beats Merab and goes on the mic and calls out Featherweight GOAT Jose Aldo could we see the UFC bypass the winner of Corey and Umar and make the O'Malley vs Aldo fight?

The winner of Corey vs Umar? The first time it was booked, Umar pulled out without explanation just like he has done many other times in the UFC. What makes you think he won't pull out again?

Screenshot-20240507-031135.png

[/QUOTE]

No.

Cory Sandhagen should have already gotten a title shot, the division is already logjammed from giving Chito a shot even though he wasn't even top 5.

Aldo already got a skip the line BW title shot.

No more of this horseshit.

Last edited:
I think it would be tempting for O'Malley to take this fight, easy win over one of the GOATs...

Sean may even ask for this fight, as its pretty favourable circumstances. Out of prime guy who has shorter reach & won't wrestle him. Aldo is 1 of the all time greats, Sean may want that on his resume also

Aldo's one of my three favorite fighters ever, but he hasn't earned the shot by a long stretch.

No, O'Malley shouldn't get any more ducking of contenders. He got to fight Vera already. That was his gifted matchup.

Nah man.

No more free rides. They already gave him a shot against Yan after losing to Moraes. That shit ain't right to do it again over Merab.
Yeah and IF I'm beaing honest I truly do think aldo lost that fight.

I think Aldo is shot. I don't want to see him take an unnecessary beating.

No.

Cory Sandhagen should have already gotten a title shot, the division is already logjammed from giving Chito a shot even though he wasn't even top 5.

Aldo already got a skip the line BW title shot.

No more of this horseshit.
Yeah and we had Aljo getting shots against 1 arm TJ and Cejudo who were both very much inserted into title postions and high rankings.

Lets continue to move away from these fraudulent title fights. lets see a true number 1 against a champ for the next few.

If the UFC wants to give Aldo an easy path, They can do that too. He just beat number 12. chito just fought for the title, have him rematch aldo and you can say he's right there. there is also a rematch with yan they could make.

I think Aldo is shot. I don't want to see him take an unnecessary beating.
He did not look "shot" in his last fight

He moved well, he was fast as fuck. The main problem Is gonna be his cardio in a prolonged battle and his ability to take punishment. When the guy he fought hit him, he def didnt react that well to that.

He's old. Not shot, but old. Performing at a very high level for his age. I dont think that is going to be enough at the elite level anymore though.

Yeah and we had Aljo getting shots against 1 arm TJ and Cejudo who were both very much inserted into title postions and high rankings.

Lets continue to move away from these fraudulent title fights. lets see a true number 1 against a champ for the next few.

If the UFC wants to give Aldo an easy path, They can do that too. He just beat number 12. chito just fought for the title, have him rematch aldo and you can say he's right there. there is also a rematch with yan they could make.
Yan would win again imo

Back