Could Jon Jones Make Middleweight and does he wreck everyone at that weight

No, I shouldn't. Everyone gets that a tko from a broken toe isn't the same as a tko from getting punched in the head. It's not semantics.
Move the goalposts however you want, it's still an official TKO though. You said it wasn't. You were wrong

anthony-johnson.jpg

Could he make it? Yes.
Should he make it? Probably not.
Though i do think if he made weight he would dominate. Jones is probably the best fighter at using his size advantage. If he could fight even smaller fighters i see no reason he shouldn't dominate.

Once Rumble went up to LHW and above, he only lost to Cormier and no one else (11-2). Below that, he lost to the likes of Clementi, Burns, Koscheck, Belfort. So maybe if Jones went down to MW, he might do a little worse than at LHW.

Once Rumble went up to LHW and above, he only lost to Cormier and no one else (11-2). Below that, he lost to the likes of Clementi, Burns, Koscheck, Belfort. So maybe if Jones went down to MW, he might do a little worse than at LHW.
And he looked great at HW v Arlovski, when Arlovski was getting his Mojo back before current HW run.
Valid point to be sure, but it would be interesting to see wouldn't it?

Why stop at MW? I say the man drop down to 135.

Maybe but im not convinced. Personally id rather see him challenge himself at HW or stay at LHW but if he did go down, IMO it would just depend on if he is drained or not. If he kills himself to make weight he might get Dillahsawed but if not he is PEDGoat after all.

I could see Jones weighing in at 199 pounds, and Dana still claiming he made weight because the top experts on scales at the CSAC said scales are never perfect and "these things happen you fucking goofs".

He already said he could make it, but with some difficulties

Can't be arsed to look for the interview, but it's there

JJ doesn't really have any weight to lose. Barely packs any muscle, asides the OSP match.

I didn't think Dillashaw would make flw to be honest but he did with seemingly no issue,

i know we are talking 20lb not 10, but Jones Doesn't even look sucked in or diminished at the weigh ins

I agree he could probably make the weight but TJ had no issue? I think the issue came up in the fight.

Shit thread from a shit poster
The only reason he can even stay at LHW is because of shit like Tbol which is good for giving you extra strength without gaining weight

I agree he could probably make the weight but TJ had no issue? I think the issue came up in the fight.
He got dropped in his 3 last fights, Cejudo was just more agressive and picked the shots better than Garbrandt. We really didn't get to see anything from Dillashaw to judge either way in my opinion,

Not discounting that the weight cut may have been to blame, or even that it contributed to the loss, but at the same time I don't want to take away from Cejudo either.

Shit thread from a shit poster
The only reason he can even stay at LHW is because of shit like Tbol which is good for giving you extra strength without gaining weight
Thanks for contributing to the shit thread,

sincerely, Shit Poster

The most heavy is the division, the less skill fighters have

Just look at some unidimensional HW fighters... Those could be destroyed at lhw or mw.

I think the jump from lhw to mw doesn't bring as much size advantage to Jones compared to the more skilled, faster and well rounded that MW fighters are compared to lhw

I think still Jones could dominate but is not just an "easy mode", would be different challenges

The most heavy is the division, the less skill fighters have

Just look at some unidimensional HW fighters... Those could be destroyed at lhw or mw.

I think the jump from lhw to mw doesn't bring as much size advantage to Jones compared to the more skilled, faster and well rounded that MW fighters are compared to lhw

I think still Jones could dominate but is not just an "easy mode", would be different challenges
I think you are right, lighter guy(or Girl) has won all the champ v champ fights in ufc history except for BJ v GSP

And Dan Henderson one the Pride MW belt when he was WW champ.

And David Branch won the LHW strap in WSOF when he was MW champ,

AND Conor won the cage warriors LW strap when he was FW champ before doing it in the UFC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back