Could Jon Jones Make Middleweight and does he wreck everyone at that weight

anthony-johnson.jpg

Could he make it? Yes.
Should he make it? Probably not.
Though i do think if he made weight he would dominate. Jones is probably the best fighter at using his size advantage. If he could fight even smaller fighters i see no reason he shouldn't dominate.

Jones has ridiculous reach numbers, and DC was fighting way above his ideal.
DC would give a reach advantage to GSP and many other top welterweights.
Jones had a 1 foot reach advantage over DC.

Jones has ridiculous reach numbers, and DC was fighting way above his ideal.
DC would give a reach advantage to GSP and many other top welterweights.
Jones had a 1 foot reach advantage over DC.
What's DC's "Ideal" weight?

Probably - I mean he is USADA's boy? They'll just send him down to mexico to do a meet and greet with CANelo with lunch being some Clenbuterol tainted tacos.

The man walks around at 238 pounds. Do you want him to die of kidney failure?

Jones will tower Anthony Smith. Wait and see. Jony is lik 6´5 and Smith is 6´3 at best.

Rockhold and Smith being as big as they are listed is a myth.

anthony-johnson.jpg

Could he make it? Yes.
Should he make it? Probably not.
Though i do think if he made weight he would dominate. Jones is probably the best fighter at using his size advantage. If he could fight even smaller fighters i see no reason he shouldn't dominate.

Hell ya. Poker face Jones would have his way with all the eyeballs against even smaller dudes. He just needs his exemption (excuse) for whatever it takes to get there.

I feel like his ability to take a punch would be severely diminished. Much like TJ’s was.

He probably could and he would be at least top 5, he has fought middle weights his entire career.

He got dropped in his 3 last fights, Cejudo was just more agressive and picked the shots better than Garbrandt. We really didn't get to see anything from Dillashaw to judge either way in my opinion,

Not discounting that the weight cut may have been to blame, or even that it contributed to the loss, but at the same time I don't want to take away from Cejudo either.
He does get dropped a lot but at BW he recovered much quicker.

Also not taking anything away from Cejudo. He is better than I thought and I’m hyped for a fight between him and TJ at BW.

The most heavy is the division, the less skill fighters have

Just look at some unidimensional HW fighters... Those could be destroyed at lhw or mw.

I think the jump from lhw to mw doesn't bring as much size advantage to Jones compared to the more skilled, faster and well rounded that MW fighters are compared to lhw

I think still Jones could dominate but is not just an "easy mode", would be different challenges
The most accomplished striker in the UFC is a HW. (Overeem)
The most accomplished wrestlers are Cejudo, Romero and DC. (1 guy that's a HW and one guy who when he's at his natural weight is a HW)
The most accomplished BJJ practitioners are Werdum, Jacare and Maia. (Once again 1 guy who's a HW and 1 guys who's a HW when he's at his natural weight)

Back