Could DC beat Jones if he doesn't gas?

Toothlessjoe

INFOWARS STORE.COM
@Green
Reaction score
Seems to me his gameplan was working just fine, making it a hard fought, pressured fight. Holding his own, finding openings, but his own strategy worked against him in my opinion. Jones was starting to huff and puff by the third, but DC couldn't keep up with his own pressure and Jones recovered and took over.

I think LHW is too much of a cut for DC if he's getting dragged into deep waters. At HW I think he beats the breaks off Jones in the 4th because he has a better gas tank. At HW I think his cardio holds up against the rest of the division and he can utilise that gameplan, but not against the top LHWs.

Obviously

He could beat Jones if he was a cyborg as well but both scenarios are equally ridiculous.

and if my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandpa...

He should have even with gassing a bit, but he didn't. Gus should beat Jones, too, but he won't. This guy just keeps winning.

Anyone can beat anyone

on any given night

fights are funny like that.

Sure. Ronda could beat Cain under the right circumstances.

It would be pretty similar to round 1 and 2. Jones would still edge it out tho, assuming of course that both men would have kept the same pace. It would be unfair to give DC such an advantage of "Not gassing" in this "what if" scenario and not give the same advantage to Jones.

After watching that fight, I don't think that DC ever beat Jones, no matter how many rematches he has. The only person I can see beating Jones now, is Cain, at Heavyweight.

Cain wouldn't gas like DC did, he'd also put on a faster, and more intense pace on Jon. Cain is also known to have better striking technique than Cormier does.

I'm not saying that Cain would beat Jones, he's the only person I see pulling it off.

I think if DC had more gas(as in sarin gas)he would of won.and if Jones had his arms tied behind his back. Listen verdict is still out on DC, Jones was his only fight who was true top 5 fighter and in his prime.Jones outclassed him.waited 4 years to see him fight a young good fighter.if Gus beats aj then Dc vs AJ or DC vs Evans.but there is no way ufc puts him in there for his next fight against top 5 fighter.personally his style is boring.he fights like slow fat gap

Give it a rest. DC said himself that Jones effectively used body shots and his weight in the clinch to tire him down. Fightmetric reflects that. DC does not need your excuses or observations.

I hate these decisions .... Even though I don't like Jones, I would have been happier if he won in a devastating fashion rather than this limbo shit.

Now we have 3 fighters in LHW (Jones, Gus, DC) that are close, and no one is clearly better than the other.

It's crazy what happens when the oher guy beats you up and makes you Cary his weight the whole fight.

I say yes. He won rnd 2 but then gassed and got his but hole pushed in.

I hate these decisions .... Even though I don't like Jones, I would have been happier if he won in a devastating fashion rather than this limbo shit.

Now we have 3 fighters in LHW (Jones, Gus, DC) that are close, and no one is clearly better than the other.

Hahaha this fight wasn't really that close.

Back