Could DC beat Jones if he doesn't gas?

Seems to me his gameplan was working just fine, making it a hard fought, pressured fight. Holding his own, finding openings, but his own strategy worked against him in my opinion. Jones was starting to huff and puff by the third, but DC couldn't keep up with his own pressure and Jones recovered and took over.

I think LHW is too much of a cut for DC if he's getting dragged into deep waters. At HW I think he beats the breaks off Jones in the 4th because he has a better gas tank. At HW I think his cardio holds up against the rest of the division and he can utilise that gameplan, but not against the top LHWs.

Clearly, Cormier can't keep up the pace needed to defeat Jones. At 205, Cormier is similar to Hendricks at 170. He is a bull, with no cardio. He was done after round three. Cormier did not like being clinched and ouworked. I don't see any version of Cormier defeating Jon Jones.

umm I'm pretty sure Jon Jones is better. You know, the one who beat the other 2.

Of course. Can't deny reality. But they are close. Both decisions were close, and in a rematch I wouldn't be comfortable putting money on either Jones, DC or Gus. That's all I am saying.

If I had the opportunity to bet on Fedor vs Crocop 2 or Fedor vs Nog 3(since 2 was NC), I'd bet my house on it. Cause he fucking took their souls. That's all I am saying.

why is nobody asking...how the FUCK is JJ a LHW? That is a miracle. He literally didn't get taken down not because of wrestling acumen or anything to do with skill, he simply grabbed a guy and stuck his ass out so he was literally waist to face with DC lol. I know he's just built weird but I'd rather see him fight HW's. Maybe we can see him tested there, seeing him fight guys who he simply outsizes height wise is getting boring...and yeah, he's that good at LHW, no denying that.

If they fought 9x Jones would win 9x fact is fact Jones is just a better pure fighter than DC with a bigger toolbox of weapons. If DC was to challenge Jones 9x in a wrestling match he would win 9x This is mma not wrestling....

Seems to me his gameplan was working just fine, making it a hard fought, pressured fight. Holding his own, finding openings, but his own strategy worked against him in my opinion. Jones was starting to huff and puff by the third, but DC couldn't keep up with his own pressure and Jones recovered and took over.

I think LHW is too much of a cut for DC if he's getting dragged into deep waters. At HW I think he beats the breaks off Jones in the 4th because he has a better gas tank. At HW I think his cardio holds up against the rest of the division and he can utilise that gameplan, but not against the top LHWs.

He was obviously tired but I have to think the body shots had something to do with it too. DC trains with Cain who is supposedly "Cardio Cain" so gassing might be the wrong term.

Back