Cotto VS Chavez jr dec 4th cowboys stadium!

better details:

Dec. 4: Miguel Cotto-Julio Cesar Chavez, Fernando Montiel-Nonito Donaire? -- Boxing FanHouse

"Mexican middleweight (160 pounds) prospect Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. will begin training at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, Calif., on Wednesday for a Sept. 11 bout against New Jersey resident Pawel Wolak likely in Mexico, and, if victorious, could face WBA junior middleweight (154 pounds) champion, Miguel Cotto...on Dec. 4, Top Rank Promotions' CEO Bob Arum told FanHouse on Tuesday.

"Arum said that the Cotto-Chavez fight would likely land in Atlantic City, New York's Madison Square Garden or the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"Arum also said that the Cotto-Chavez undercard could feature WBO bantamweight (118 pounds) titlist Fernando Montiel against rising WBA interim super flyweight (115 pounds) champion Nonito Donaire of the Philippines, each of whom scored big wins last month."

Well that would be a great card.

please no ppv

I also read where CHavez Jr. purposes that if he beats Cotto he will challenge GBP to a two fight deal involving him against Canelo Alvarez and then DLH.

I don't see that happening. Oscar ain't coming out of retirement and if he does win, I think a shot agianst another top tier fighter is more reasonable.( Angulo,Palvik,Martinez)

I don't see that happening. Oscar ain't coming out of retirement and if he does win, I think a shot agianst another top tier fighter is more reasonable.( Angulo,Palvik,Martinez)

Nah. Chavez Jr. is a bigger name than those 3 and offers a lot less of a risk. There were rumors Oscar would fight again and at the rate GBP fighters are dropping off DLH may have to bide some time and come out of retirement to make the company money.

Nah. Chavez Jr. is a bigger name than those 3 and offers a lot less of a risk. There were rumors Oscar would fight again and at the rate GBP fighters are dropping off DLH may have to bide some time and come out of retirement to make the company money.

Your right Chavez is a bigger star then the fighters I said, but another thing that I don't get is why would Chavez challenge GBP to a 2 fight deal when he is signed to Top Rank. the way Bob has been lately, he won't let any of his fighters fight outside Top Rank.

Last edited:
looks like this will be a good fight, definitely looking forward it, i reckon cotto's forward probing style may prove a step to high for chavez.

This is going to be Mike Tyson vs Marvis Frazier all over again...Okay slight exaggeration, but still I see no way Jr. wins this fight:icon_chee

Easy TKO for Cotto. Montiel and Donaire is a better fight.

HOLY FUCK! De La Hoya vs Chavez Jr would be HUGE!
Mexico still hasnt forgiven Oscar for the starching he gave Chavez Snr.
This fight makes perfect sense from a marketing point of view.

fack! he needs a couple more fights before a Cotto fight, and not against a Wolak type. I will be going for Jr. but I don't think he's ready at all

Chavez training in Tijuana

According to promoter Fernando Beltran, WBC #1 rated middleweight Julio Cesar Chavez continues to train in the city of Tijuana for a possible fight on September 11th in Mexico City. Chavez has been embroiled in a dispute with former trainers Rodolfo Chavez and Miguel Molleda (both uncles of his), whom he replaced with Freddie Roach before his last fight with John Duddy. But according to Chavez, Zanfer Promotions has reached a fair deal for all parties and a September 11th fight still isn

SO is the Sept fight on or off. i think he should take just to keep active until Dec. Waiting till now, three weeks before a fight seem odd to me to keep going with neg. but fights have been made on shorter notice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back