Cotto Martinez RBR

I did not see that coming, I was well off, I thought Sergio would pull a late stoppage or dec.

Same. I'm happy for Cotto and he looked great, but that was frankly a little sad. I was hoping for a good fight out of both of them---and with props to Cotto for being the cause of that, it doesn't appear Martinez is capable of a good fight at this point. I hope he hangs them up. He should not fight another top-level boxer again.

Martinez is a complete warrior for not wanting to quit despite barely being able to walk on that leg... and he had the classiest post fight interview ever, 0 excuses, only props to Cotto. Amazing.

Very disappointed that the fight went the way it did (didn't have a favorite in the fight, but I like watching close matches and this wasn't one), but Cotto deserves props even so.

Segio lied to himself thinking he was ok to fight.

I'm not sure I agree. He lied to himself thinking he's been fighting guys on Cotto's level all along.
People can say, "Oh it was his knee!" I saw Sergio almost knocked out from the first left hook Cotto landed. He could not take Cotto's punches.

He claimed his knee was shot against Murray, and he managed to outlast Murray. Cotto is on a different level.

People looking at this fight and thinking Cotto exposed Martinez is like people thinking Tarver exposed Jones. We just got an old busted up Martinez in there and Cotto executed what he would never have been able to execute against Martinez if they fought in 2010. It was just a case of one fighter coming in busted up.

That's exactly what happened yet guys on here are making it seem like Cotto had Sergio's number or had his kryptonite. The way guys are on here talking is like Sergio was a bum who just got lucky with punches or something in all his fights.

Cotto fought and beat down a Sergio at around 20%, Martinez wasn't bouncing in + out, he wasn't throwing combos(at all really), never threw his left hand, never changed angles on Cotto, he even fought with his hands up lol. To think that he even looked close to how he use to is essentially an example of ppl exhibiting their biases to get the best of them and venting their prior frustrations with a fighter and essentially pulling the same "Oh i think he can lose this next fight" nonsense until the guy eventually losses and then pulling the "I told you so" card. It was like when Pacman lost twice in a row ppl were trying to discredit his wins and ability

That's exactly what happened yet guys on here are making it seem like Cotto had Sergio's number or had his kryptonite. The way guys are on here talking is like Sergio was a bum who just got lucky with punches or something in all his fights.

eh, don't be a sore loser.

Sergio was fine when he came in the ring. Cotto's punches that made him fall all over the ring are the reason his knee gave out.

Sergio told the truth of it in the post fight interview. Cotto caught him cold and Sergio could never recover.

Sergio was the same guy he was against Murray.

I'm watching the 4th round right now and MArtinez is bouncing around, jabbing- Cotto is a much better fighter is all. He's not Paul Williams, who dove face first into Sergio's fist. He's not Kelly Pavlik who was a raging alcoholic.

5th round- he's still bouncing around, looks exactly the same as he always did other than the quality of opponent in front of him.

Just watched the fight was kind of bad watching that near the end.

Is Martinez retiring now then?

If I was him maybe one farewell fight in Argentina, sell out an arena somewhere against a beatable opponent, and then enjoy his money and future.

I think Cotto ended his career last night. You don't recover from a beating like that.

Who has GGG beaten to warrant people talking about him as if he's the most feared man in boxing and everyone is ducking him?

Fans think every big puncher is being ducked.

You watch it'll be Cotto vs Soliman.

Loved the way Cotto moved throughout the fight. Those hooks really are frightening at times. Plus am i right in remembering that he was also landing double straight rights at times too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back