Cotto/Martinez possibly June 7th

I kind of want Cotto to have another fight before then not sure who though. He was out nearly a year before Delvin now another 8 month wait at least possibly.

Booooo.

I want to see Cotto vs Canelo and Martinez vs GGG.

I'd love for this to happen, Cotto would beat up Martinez.

Sergio is only really effective against brawlers and guys with very sloppy defense, his offense simply doesn't work against fighters who know how to defend responsibly, whilst being able to switch from defense to offense.

His tip tap offense was completely ineffective against Murray, who blocked most of the shots, and we know that if he gets hit clean by Cotto, he likely hits the canvas.

i feel the same exact way

cotto vs martinez is a good fight though unlike khan mayweather

you'll get jumped on by some mayweather fans for even expressing your desire to see that fight .

" but but , why are you asking him to fight a middleweight , mayweather gets no credit .what next ? mayweather vs klitschko ? " :rolleyes:

you'll get jumped on by some mayweather fans for even expressing your desire to see that fight .

" but but , why are you asking him to fight a middleweight , mayweather gets no credit .what next ? mayweather vs klitschko ? " :rolleyes:

Mayweather/Khan is the best possible fight that could be made in boxing right now. Don't you DARE say otherwise. Pacquiaoist.

I see a lot of people here counting out Da Sex. Same people have been proven way wrong about him before. The guy has more heart than just about anybody else out there.

This is great. Martinez will look like crap. I will enjoy watching his ridiculously limited offense get shut down. Cotto will wear him down but it will take a lot of chasing. Fortunately Cotto is a patient guy

I see a lot of people here counting out Da Sex. Same people have been proven way wrong about him before. The guy has more heart than just about anybody else out there.

word .

cotto beats a tailor made stiff and suddenly he's ready to beat uo martinez .

word .

cotto beats a tailor made stiff and suddenly he's ready to beat uo martinez .

Miguel Cotto is one of the very best fighters of the current era. You're a retard.

Last edited:
Miguel Cotton is one of the very best fighters of the current era. You're a retard.

what a dumb non-argument .

how about some actual analysis explaining why cotto would beat martinez ?

and lol at martinez's " limited " offense . you can't be taken seriously after that .

and lol at martinez's " limited " offense . you can't be taken seriously after that .

Basically why I didn't respond. lol at "limited" offense. Pavlik, Williams, Chavez Jr., Dzinzurik, Macklin, and Barker said sup.

People who think Martinez has a 'dynamic' offense just out themselves as clueless. The guy has struggled time after time to hurt guys who keep their hands up and move their head. Cotto is the epitome of the fighter Serg is stagnant against. He is disciplined, patient and well trained. He's not fucking JCCjr. He's basically Martinez's worst match up.

To say Cotto 'beat some stiff and came out if nowhere' is just jaw droppingly ignorant. Are you aware he spent years on the top 10 p4p list, going as high as 3-4 for the most part? You're asking who Cotto is compared to Martinez? Who the fuck is Martinez? He basically just is flashy. He's nobody. Real good fighters will wreck him. Slims list is garbage.

Dizzy and Barker. You even bothered to name them? Lol.

I really hope this fight comes together. Cotto has been showing his age more in his style and approach; he looked vintage against Delvin though.

Martinez is my favorite active fighter, but he can't seem to make it through fights without getting something injured in the process any more. I'm still pulling for him, but his reflexes look slower than the past. Hopefully he can play matador if Cotto wants to be the bull, or use his unorthodox speed and technique should Cotto try to box.

Big fan of both guys but people are writing off Sergio in this fight far too easily. The reflexes have slowed, but he can still crack and will be a lot bigger then Cotto in the ring that night. Lets not forget about all the scar tissue on Miguel's face as well.

Good fight

To say Cotto 'beat some stiff and came out if nowhere' is just jaw droppingly ignorant. Are you aware he spent years on the top 10 p4p list, going as high as 3-4 for the most part? You're asking who Cotto is compared to Martinez? Who the fuck is Martinez? He basically just is flashy.

see , this is the problem with most your posts . you always resort to ad hominem ,red herrings , and arguing points that nobody made .

my point was that people get carried away with a dominant performance , like the one against delvin . just few months ago ,when cotto was 0-2 , people were demanding his retirement , and in one thread in this very same forum , most people were dismissive of a potential martinez-cotto .the general consensus was :" martinez would stomp cotto " .
one fight later, the consensus shifted to " cotto will walk through martinez " and basically disregarding all the disadvantages he will face in that fight .

but somehow , you interpreted this as me dismissing cotto .

Dizzy and Barker. You even bothered to name them? Lol

what's wrong with barker ? he's better than anyone cotto beat in the last 5 years ( and no, one eyed margarito doesn't count )

It's pretty simple.

Martinez has always struggled against guys with dynamic defense. That's not guys like Chavez, Williams or Pavlik. That's guys who can defend responsibly, whilst switching from attack to defense in the blink of an eye. Murray doesn't even have that great of a defense, but he does have a tight defense and good ability to roll with shots. He didn't let Martinez poke those tippy tappy shots through his guard, he blocked them and then countered with the right hand.

Cotto has shown he can keep a tight defense when boxing in the center of the ring, whilst also showing head movement when attacking. This allows him to switch from defense to attack and from body to head.

Chavez, Pavlik, Barker, Dzinzy are all tailor made for Martinez. Upright fighters with limited upper body movement. If you stand in front of Martinez with a high guard he will pick you apart with shots through the guard. When you show him some upper body movement, he doesn't know what to do. Even then, look at those fights, Pavlik was taking over the fighter, Barker was doing very well until he got caught with a good shot to the ear, and Chavez still managed to nearly knock him out.

Yeah, Cotto's face gets busted up pretty quickly. Although Sergio looked soft and his footwork was barely there against Murray, his jab was still lightning quick and his power hand was deadly as ever before he broke it. If he can get his legs back I see Cotto having a hard time finding him.

Back