• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Costa: Israel is fragile, knocked out by 16 oz gloves

He knows it. He also knows that casuals don't know it, so it makes for good wolf tickets

Yeah only guys who have never weared boxing gloves would believe that shit lol. Sad thing is that those same guys will mocks Izzy for that.

As someone who used to reguarly spar with 16oz gloves, you can definitely get KO'd with them. Of course its harder to do because the size means the punches are easier to block and hand speed is slower, but if it lands correct it can do damage. Large gloves are mostly for hand protection. Costa is an idiot for not knowing this,
Costa is a fun fighter, seems like a calm guy, and is strong. But thinking def doesn't appear to be his strong point and this might be a problem vs Izzy.

Whatever happened to that Pereira guy?

You would think he would have heard about all the fame and money israel has and want to get into mma too.

Like he literally knocked out Israel a few years ago and now Israel is the one with the Nice Mclaren and more fame. Why arent more kickboxers making the move?
Gambit (@mma_gambit) a tweeté : According to UFC argentinian welterweight Laureano Staropoli, Alex Pereira (kickboxer who koed Adesanya) will make his UFC debut soon . https://t.co/p03rrIgSm8

Gambit (@mma_gambit) a tweeté : According to UFC argentinian welterweight Laureano Staropoli, Alex Pereira (kickboxer who koed Adesanya) will make his UFC debut soon . https://t.co/p03rrIgSm8

Alex bless!
images

UniqueShockingIrishwaterspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Costa trains with pro kickboxers all the time doubt he’s getting knocked out by anyone, Costa looks like he can really eat shots well. Hes probably blessed with an iron chin
Lmao. Sparring with a kickboxing in the gym is a totally different story from fighting one in the ring for a world title. Pereira would ko Costa too.

Costa is obviously shit talking here. These are just facts anyone knows who have competed with bigger gloves on. Alex Pereira hits like a fucking demon so Costa's point is stupid anyway.
It's not whether or not Costa is talking shit or not, my reply was for that other dude that could teach Costa some stuff about sparring....

I can guarantee you that i've sparred with 16oz gloves a shit load more than Costa. Been boxing since i was 12 and boxed amateurs, most of these mma juice heads never even laced up a pair of boxing gloves until they were grown adults, I'll leave it at that.
I can guarantee you that your "career" and your "sparrings" are a joke in comparison to that dude.

I don't even disagree on the gloves thing, or whether or not Costa is talking trash, but the way you position yourself as an authority over that dude is just laughable.

I personally am laughing my ass off with your posts. You being this prodigy boxer since 12, boxing amateurs and what not :D And then Costa is some clueless juicehead while you're the shit :D

You're priceless dude. Keep it up, I can use a good laugh.

By the way Costa is training Muay Thai since he was 9..... and he's sparring with killers, fighting with killers, who did you spar and fight ?

I can guarantee you that your "career" and your "sparrings" are a joke in comparison to that dude.

I don't even disagree on the gloves thing, or whether or not Costa is talking trash, but the way you position yourself as an authority over that dude is just laughable.

I personally am laughing my ass off with your posts. You being this prodigy boxer since 12, boxing amateurs and what not :D And then Costa is some clueless juicehead while you're the shit :D

You're priceless dude. Keep it up, I can use a good laugh.

By the way Costa is training Muay Thai since he was 9..... and he's sparring with killers, fighting with killers, who did you spar and fight ?

You seem triggered. FYI who was i sparring? I've sparred plenty of professionals, plenty. MMA striking is a goddamn joke dude. Its literally laughable. Could Costa kick my ass in a street fight? Definitely. But lets get one thing straight, mma fighters are worse than amateurs when it comes to pure boxing. I literally have zero respect for their knowledge of boxing and their boxing technique so i'm not going to pretend to respect Costa's opinions on boxing subjects. If that makes me look like a keyboard warrior, so be it, i don't care.

As someone who used to reguarly spar with 16oz gloves, you can definitely get KO'd with them. Of course its harder to do because the size means the punches are easier to block and hand speed is slower, but if it lands correct it can do damage. Large gloves are mostly for hand protection. Costa is an idiot for not knowing this,
True but we've seen that with MMA gloves you dont need to land that clean to KO someone, alot of 4 ounce glove Kos are more of grazing shots

Oh shit now this is interesting lol. Hopefully that Takedown defense is sharp he will need it.

Back