Costa is going to walk through Adesanya

SmoothPies

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that Costa is just going to run over Adesanya?

Idk what it is about Israel, but he hasn't terribly impressed me yet. Something about the extremely lackluster fight with Yoel, the back and forth fight with Kelvin, and taking 40 year old Anderson to a decision that wasn't particularly dominant. The Whittaker performance was pretty sweet though.

I think Costa's pressure and physicality will back Israel into the fence where he will tee off and get a KO.

Adesanya's toughest matchups so far have all been southpaws*¹ and fighters with an additional grappling threat*².

Costa is a very good fighter, but he has none of the above.

Of course he can win, but Israel will be the rightful favorite.
Vettori:
Well rounded southpaw
Gastelum:
Quick wrestleboxer southpaw
Romero:
Obviously well rounded southpaw, hard to predict in his movements

I would like to see how Costa does against fighters his own size.

I can't imagine Costa walking through him, but I can totally see it being as slow and dull as the Yoel fight.

DrearyBlueChafer-small.gif

WeakSparseFishingcat-small.gif

Whittaker/Brunson were A. Silva in his prime type of performances.

I disagree. Whittaker-Adesanya was dead even in that first round up until that knockdown where they both threw and one of them landed. Impressive performance, but certainly not at the level of prime Silva.. Prime Silva literally embarrassed his opponents being finishing them

this is interesting because the infamous KO that Chris Weidman put on Silva was set up by the type of boomerang punch that Israel did in this gif (retracting punch that was thrown for a backwards punch).

Anyone else get the feeling that Costa is just going to run over Adesanya?

Idk what it is about Israel, but he hasn't terribly impressed me yet. Something about the extremely lackluster fight with Yoel, the back and forth fight with Kelvin, and taking 40 year old Anderson to a decision that wasn't particularly dominant. The Whittaker performance was pretty sweet though.

I think Costa's pressure and physicality will back Israel into the fence where he will tee off and get a KO.

I would be impressed if this is the case... thou im not a huge fan, Adesanya has shown that he has that champion level skill and mindset. Even when things get tough, he finds a way to compete, and so far win those contests. He hasnt yet been kod in the UFC, so while possible, its no likely that will get runover. I wish Costa would win, but i think Adesanya could get a finish in the late rounds, or win a decision

Think so too,

Rooting for Adesanya anyway.

Adesanya is the best striker in MW history.

How is he the best striker when he got repeatedly tagged by Romero with the same combination.

Romero is a midget in comparison.

And mind you there was no wrestling involved in these sequences. Just Romero outstriking him, by outsmarting him. Repeatedly.

Back