Corporate Diet

NickDavid

White Belt
Reaction score
I work in a corporate environment. It simply sucks. I sit in a chair all day and stare at a computer. I'll get on my feet maybe 3 times a day for lunch and bathroom breaks. I'm 6'1" and about 30 lbs overweight at around 220lbs

I'm looking for some ideas on what to eat during the day.

My diet is horrible. I don't eat breakfast, go to subway EVERY day (since it's so cheap) and usually have a fatty dinner with beer to wash it down. I know how unhealthy it is and I'm about to kick my ass back into shape. Last year I was boxing and stayed on a strict healthy lifestyle at about 180lbs.

I know you're supposed to eat like every 3 hours to boost your metaboism and excersize is needed. Salty snacks are always better than sweet. I also have about a case of Myoplex left from when i was training and i've been thinking about starting that up again.

Can someone give me an idea of a easy breakfast, something to eat every 3 hours and what snacks/bars are healthy, good for you and taste's somewhat good.

Also, I hate to go here, but I've used diet pills in the past to help get a jump start on the weight loss. I've never relied simply on taking the pills and always found it was best to excersize and drink plenty of water to flush that out of your system. Are there any on the market that and of you would reccommend? Something like Lipovarin or Trim Spa? Safe, yet somewhat effective when mixed with a good diet and excersize?

Thanks

I feel your pain. I've been a desk jockey for almost three years now.
My diet is like this:

5am - Bowl of oatmeal with a spoonful of strawberry jelly OR bowl of Whole Grain cereal
730am - Banana OR granola bar
930am - Apple and small handfull of almonds
1130am - Turkey breast sandwich w/ cheese on whole wheat bread OR bowl of chili
130pm - yogurt OR handful of baby carrots
330pm - Banana OR granola bar
5pm - evening workout (diet alone won't keep you healthy)
530pm - Mixed green salad w/can of tuna OR grilled salmon OR grilled chicken breast
8pm - peanut butter on a slice of whole wheat to get me throught the night.

I'm an ex wrestler/coach and I've never stopped eating like a wrestler. There's a men's health book called the "weight free workout" It's great for toning and slimming down. The diet above spaces your meals so you aren't bogging down your metabolism. This will keep your metabolism burning hotter all day. Don't be afraid to mix it up, I do. I'm 27, 6' 175 and lean. It works for me, good luck.

I'm a desk jockey as well. My day.

8:30am @ home: 1/2 cup dry yield rolled oats + blueberries, 2 servings low-carb Protein supplement shake, 3 fish oil capsules. A whole 400 calorie meal in less than 3 minutes.

10:30am @ work: Low-carb beef jerky, apple, 2 fish oil capsules, 1 cup spinach. Eaten at desk,

1:30pm @ work: Spainch-based Salad stolen from salad bar. Own olive oil/vinagrette dressing brought from home. Own chicken breast brought from home. 3 fish oil capsules Eaten at desk.

4:00pm @ work: 1.5oz mixed nuts, low-carb HONEST protein bar (there are very few out there. Myoplex is not honest).

5:00pm @ work: 3 Omega-3 hard boiled eggs. 3 fish oil capsules.

7:00 @ gym: Workout

8:30pm @ home: 2 cups Raisin Bran w/skim milk, 1 serving low-carb protein supp.

11:00pm @ home: 1 Omega-3 egg, 1.5cup egg whites, two slices flaxseed bread with mashed real fruit on top.

12:00am: Sleep

NickDavid said:
I work in a corporate environment. It simply sucks. I sit in a chair all day and stare at a computer. I'll get on my feet maybe 3 times a day for lunch and bathroom breaks. I'm 6'1" and about 30 lbs overweight at around 220lbs

I'm looking for some ideas on what to eat during the day.

My diet is horrible. I don't eat breakfast, go to subway EVERY day (since it's so cheap) and usually have a fatty dinner with beer to wash it down. I know how unhealthy it is and I'm about to kick my ass back into shape. Last year I was boxing and stayed on a strict healthy lifestyle at about 180lbs.

I know you're supposed to eat like every 3 hours to boost your metaboism and excersize is needed. Salty snacks are always better than sweet. I also have about a case of Myoplex left from when i was training and i've been thinking about starting that up again.

Can someone give me an idea of a easy breakfast, something to eat every 3 hours and what snacks/bars are healthy, good for you and taste's somewhat good.

Also, I hate to go here, but I've used diet pills in the past to help get a jump start on the weight loss. I've never relied simply on taking the pills and always found it was best to excersize and drink plenty of water to flush that out of your system. Are there any on the market that and of you would reccommend? Something like Lipovarin or Trim Spa? Safe, yet somewhat effective when mixed with a good diet and excersize?

Thanks

The health sciences company I work with offers a complete line of meal replacement and snack bar options. These foods are healthy sources of low-glycemic complex carbs, complete proteins, and beneficial fats....everything the body needs. They taste really good, too. All of our products have been scientifically analyzed and can be labeled as containing 0 trans fats. Our products are easy to take with you and provide a convenient way to maintain a healthy body with a busy lifestyle.

If you're interested, PM me and I can give you more info, or you can check our stuff out yourself at www.usana-nutritionals.com. They're in the products section under "macro-optimizers."

zdrax said:

8:30am @ home: 1/2 cup dry yield rolled oats + blueberries, 2 servings low-carb Protein supplement shake, 3 fish oil capsules. A whole 400 calorie meal in less than 3 minutes.

10:30am @ work: Low-carb beef jerky, apple, 2 fish oil capsules, 1 cup spinach. Eaten at desk,

1:30pm @ work: Spainch-based Salad stolen from salad bar. Own olive oil/vinagrette dressing brought from home. Own chicken breast brought from home. 3 fish oil capsules Eaten at desk.

4:00pm @ work: 1.5oz mixed nuts, low-carb HONEST protein bar (there are very few out there. Myoplex is not honest).

11:00pm @ home: 1 Omega-3 egg, 1.5cup egg whites, two slices flaxseed bread with mashed real fruit on top.

How many fish oil capsules are you supposed to take a day? My bottle says just one.

zdrax said:

with all that omega-3 you're getting.. be sure to be getting all ur vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants.. cuz boosting ur metabolism, also boosts the amounts of free-radicals in ur system.. :wink:

NickDavid said:

what?!..i love subwy.. and their not cheap at all.. i waste good money eating their delicious healthy (the way i make em) sandwiches.. :icon_cry2

hey guys, i just wanted to say thank you for all of your responses. I'm going to give these a try.

One question though. What do Fish Oil capsules actually do for you?

Back