News Coronavirus Mega thread V2.. race to the vaccine

COVID-19 V2 July Update: Are you scared of getting the Coronavirus?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned it but what's happening with uncle? Sorry to hear he's still bad. I didn't use him as an example because the cretins would say "well he's in his 50s".

It was complications from the surgery on his gut, which was something related to the pneumonia, but yet again he's hopefully turning a corner, thanks!

<Oku04>

It was complications from the surgery on his gut, which was something related to the pneumonia, but yet again he's hopefully turning a corner, thanks!

<Oku04>
I'm going with a "that's good to hear" as a positive from that. I hope his immediate family are doing okay, selfishly I'm more worried about husband getting it and getting it bad more than I am me, his coping mechanism is a lot better than mine.

Someone told me they're going to reopen the american border to non essential travel to canada in September 21st. That seems weird given the tens of thousands of new cases a day in the USA.

From TV report about some China vaccine: Suggestions if you had coronavirus, you'll be safe for 3 months unless/until you get symptoms again, so doesn't sound like a long period of immunity.

From newspaper article on study: Some doubted (probably dumb flat-Earthers) you can get live coronavirus from the air, so they tested it and found you can get live virus from the air 7 to 16 feet away from sick coronavirus patient.

Theres talk that the US are developing a weaker strain of the virus to test out on humans who have received the vaccine, under a programme called 'Plan-D'. This would probably give a better idea of the immune response to actually being exposed to the virus after a period of time, although it might not necessarily reflect how the body would respond to the wild virus circulation.

Someone told me they're going to reopen the american border to non essential travel to canada in September 21st. That seems weird given the tens of thousands of new cases a day in the USA.

The border is closed to non-essential travel until Sept. 21, but it can / probably will be extended. It's been extended once before as well.

I always laugh imagining how those conversations must go:

Trudeau: Uh, on the subject of the border closure. I think we should continue keeping it closed for the moment. We wouldn't want any infected Canadians to accidentally spread the virus in your Northern states. Infection-wise, I hear they've been doing very well under your great leadership.

Trump: True, true, we've been doing very well. Closing the borders has been tough, very tough. Not easy. But I think it's been going very well, and if you think we should keep it closed I would probably agree with that.

The border is closed to non-essential travel until Sept. 21, but it can / probably will be extended. It's been extended once before as well.

I always laugh imagining how those conversations must go:

Trudeau: Uh, on the subject of the border closure. I think we should continue keeping it closed for the moment. We wouldn't want any infected Canadians to accidentally spread the virus in your Northern states. Infection-wise, I hear they've been doing very well under your great leadership.

Trump: True, true, we've been doing very well. Closing the borders has been tough, very tough. Not easy. But I think it's been going very well, and if you think we should keep it closed I would probably agree with that.
Got a titter out of me, I'm going to miss that dumb fuck in November.

In spite of the online schooling mandate here in San Diego county, 48 elementary schools have applied to be allowed to open in the fall.

Also, only a 5.9 percent increase in cases in San Diego county w/w. That's lower than I've ever seen it during the first "bending" of the curve.

Also, SD was below the 100 cases per 100k threshold two days in a row. If that happens again today... We're off the monitoring list and gym time looms.

@TribalDrumz

Last edited:
We're off the monitoring list and gym time looms.

Not sure it's a great idea to immediately engage in risky behavior the very second you get things under control.

Also, only a 5.9 percent increase in cases in San Diego county w/w. That's lower than I've ever seen it during the first "bending" of the curve.

Also, SD was below the 100 cases per 100k threshold two days in a row. If that happens again today... We're off the monitoring list and gym time looms.

@TribalDrumz
Great news thanks!we’re on our way back hopefully soon!

Last edited:
It isn't compassion. It's pity. But I admire you for not spelling it out like that.
Whenever I've called them out on it asking if they think people who have been massively affected by it are lying they scatter like sheep. And when they're not running like sheep they're blaming the media. When you have people who you interact with all the time, people I've ended up being proper good friends with being affected by waiting on calls from hospitals etc, the evil media doesn't even feature.

I don't know, I was brought up to try and be a decent human being, and compassion is born into us as partners, parents, friends...it's just severely lacking in this thread with a few people.

You mentioned it but what's happening with uncle? Sorry to hear he's still bad. I didn't use him as an example because the cretins would say "well he's in his 50s".
Lol poor pitiful ole me

Lol poor pitiful ole me
"LOL"? Yes it's really funny the people here who you assume are lying because you're alright, Jack.
You have been a complete tosser glossing over the people really affected by it. So disrespectful. Grow up.

@TeTe
@fingercuffs
@icffedor @genecop @Nimrod @buffpants22 @Cool Hand Luke @Substance Abuse @Loiosh @Phlog @The_Renaissance @CyberRubberDuck @Coexist

BREAKING news positive news, they now have a legit more affordable non-intrusive SALIVA testing protocol for COVID19 so no more nasal probing.

NBA, Yale land the COVID testing breakthrough the NFL (and the general U.S. public) has been hoping for

In a significant turn of events in COVID-19 testing, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted an emergency authorization for the public to begin employing a saliva-based test expected to significantly increase the availability, turnaround time and affordability of combating the coronavirus epidemic in the United States.

Developed by Yale University and jointly funded by the NBA and NBA Players Association, the testing method was granted approval by the FDA on Saturday.

The test — coined SalivaDirect — was developed to throttle up the screening process for a wide swath of Americans. The FDA approval marks a significant turn for testing in the U.S., creating the opportunity to make regular testing more readily available.

The retail pricing and companies that will carry the testing into the public domain are yet to be determined. The developers have revealed that testing could be done for as little as $4, although retail pricing is expected to be higher than that due to the cost of production, marketing, supply lines and retail outlet markups.

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-nba-an...-in-the-us-has-been-hoping-for-183335566.html
Oh, man. Anything to get NFL back on track for September. I'll do my nut without Sunday football.

@TribalDrumz

Lol!! Gyms are still closed there? TF?

Man.. Politics and leadership pre our current administration is like night and day. Just think about it...

Wow.
Not just on Republican side, Democrats have failed just as bad to mount a threat, sad days indeed, good luck to whoever wins this shitshow for a dividing nation

Man.. Politics and leadership pre our current administration is like night and day. Just think about it...

Wow.
I really still don't know enough from either side to have a properly informed and unbiased opinion if we were to take Trump out of the equation. I'll sure as hell knowledge up when I go for citizenship and can vote in 2022 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back