Cormier

Eye Poke

White Belt
Reaction score
Last week the MMA world was abuzz with talk as it was revealed not only did UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones test positive for the main metabolite in cocaine, but also tested with an unusually low T/E ratio.

Surprisingly, his opponent for his UFC 182

I dont get how these guys have that low of ratios, does anyone know more about the transient changes in this ratio and if its normal to dip that low?

Makes sense to me. T levels vary significantly from day to day. Seems like the physical and psychological stress of max physical exertion every day, cutting weight and anticipating a big fight like this could knock your T levels down quite a bit.

It has been posted and Daniel Cormier is also 35 not 27 like Jones.

Makes sense to me. T levels vary significantly from day to day. Seems like the physical and psychological stress of max physical exertion every day, cutting weight and anticipating a big fight like this could knock your T levels down quite a bit.

Wrong. It has been proven that after cycling for hours T levels were unaffected in athletes

Yeah - it's been done. To death. But whatever.

Cormier's ratios were low like Jon's but his ng/dl were WAY more believable. Jon's ratios and volume were both like a 90 year old man's. At least cormier's volume was reasonable.

It seems suspicious. The NSAC should do more investigating.

Jesus ppl - this test was from early december! No one was 'cutting weight'! Alright im outta here. Pls dont wait two weeks to post about news. Search, dude, search. Also, read an article. Just one GD article would set you straight.

This thread show abnormal hormone levels. Estrogen off the charts bro.

I dont get how these guys have that low of ratios, does anyone know more about the transient changes in this ratio and if its normal to dip that low?

The natural causes for low ratios are either overtraining/bad lifestyle/age/some sort of sickness. Getting the ratios that Jon had is not normal and can't be explained due to overtraining or having a bad lifestyle (he's a professional athlete for christ sake), he could have a disease which causes his testosterone-levels to drop, but we have never heard of Jon having weird T/E-ratios before.

Then there are unnatural causes for low ratios, which to me are more probable. Low T/E-ratios could be the result of steroid-use, after a cycle the body's own testosterone-production is much lower than it usually is. Or he could have tried to increase his ephitestorone-levels.

But who knows, he could very well be clean, but when a top-athlete in such a demanding sport as mma, have weird T/E-ratios, it points to that something unallowed is being done.

Cormier's ratio was a bit low, but his actual T level was pretty much normal. (EDIT: according to Conte. Assuming we can trust the T and E levels he posted)

With Jon's results, many have focused on the low ratio, but the real question marks come from the low T levels. When you cycle on and start putting synthetic T into your system, your body will stop making natural T because it's no longer needed. Then, when you come off cycle, it takes your body a while to start producing natural T again.

Jon's tests throughout December, even though they're absent of any banned substances, (PED-wise, anyway) have the look of someone who's just recently come off cycle. If his post-fight results show more normal T levels and a more normal ratio, at first glance, that would seem like good news, but it actually wouldn't be. If his T was low in early-mid December and then rebounded a few weeks later, that's a pretty good sign that he was up to something in November.

So does this suggest that maybe the secret to being a top athlete competing at the highest levels actually requires having low testosterone? They need to rewrite the textbooks.

Want to remind people we do not have Cormier's levels. Conte was posting them on twitter but I've no clue where he got them from. I'm thinking he's using an old T-level of Daniel to calculate the E in this T/E ratio, but I'm not sure.

They very well could be suspicious aswell, we need to see the separate values to know how the T/E-ratio is formed, and how it changes overtime.

it doesn't change that much between 27 and 35.

Yeah sure, that's why you see plenty of 27 years old olympic champs in track and fields events but bare to none who are 35 :rolleyes:

animated_zpsg71ces9n.gif

I love these butthurt Jones backlash threads. You guys still salty your boy got caught in the middle of a blizzard with the T levels of a 8 year old girl?

Back