Cormier needs to move to 185lbs

Like he's said on numerous occasions, LHW is where he'll finish his career

To get outwrestled by Romero? It's better for his ego to stay at LHW.

He did look very small against Jones, so far I agree.
But considering he already had serious health problems from weight cutting, going down to 185 is probably not a good idea.

Last edited:
Cormier gave the most in shape and focussed Jon jones we've ever seen the second toughest fight of his life (jones admitted to not being top form for Gus) . I can tell Cormier likes to eat and he could definitely make 185 lbs if he committed to a lifestyle change but the guy is the 2nd best HW in the world and the 2nd best LHW in the world so let's all just take it easy lol

First Cormier is only 5'10 (he said it himself during one of the pre fight interviews..UFC just bills him at 5'11).

As 5'10 professional athlete, he can most definitely make 185. ANY healthy person at 5'10 can make 185lbs with change of diet and routine.

The key is "change of diet and routine". Its not he can or cannot, its whether he wants to or not.

And while we are at it, Mighty Mouse needs to quit those massive weight cuts and get back up to LHW where he belongs. Dude walks around at 220, then cuts to bully the flyweights, such bullshit

1. he cant make 185 2. he is still top 3 in lhw and he gave jones a very tough fight overall 3. one of his best friends rockhold is in 185 trying to get the title

he did looked tiny against Jones in the cage (then again, JJ make most of his opponents look small).

even a guy like Jon Jones said if he really dug deep, he can make 185. DC can def make 185 by dropping some fat.

First Cormier is only 5'10 (he said it himself during one of the pre fight interviews..UFC just bills him at 5'11).

As 5'10 professional athlete, he can most definitely make 185. ANY healthy person at 5'10 can make 185lbs with change of diet and routine.

The key is "change of diet and routine". Its not he can or cannot, its whether he wants to or not.

So Mark Hunt can make 185, right?

It's crazy he could fight at hw with such a tiny frame. Impressive. He looked tiny even at lhw.

There is already a fairly successful one-armed fighter in MMA. Cormier could cut off one of his arms to help make 185.

1. he cant make 185 2. he is still top 3 in lhw and he gave jones a very tough fight overall 3. one of his best friends rockhold is in 185 trying to get the title

why cant he make 185? a 5'10 dude carrying that amount of fat can definitely make 185 with change of diet (clean diet) and routine.

I agree with #3.

Cormier needs to fight CM Punk imo because he honestly didn't look like he deserved to be in the UFC. CM Punk needs a big name at 185 because nobody knows him imo. Jones can't makes 205 so he should move up to super heavyweight imo.

No the fuck he shouldn't. No need to go full Kenny Florian. As Kenny found out, there are no easy routes to a title win. Weidman would probably starch Daniel as well. He may just have to settle for always being 2nd best.

It's crazy he could fight at hw with such a tiny frame. Impressive. He looked tiny even at lhw.

Yup, he did look tiny. Cormier is heavy and fat. You stripped down the extra layers of fat he is a tiny dude in HW, LHW, or MW. He is 5'10 FFS.

Natural size is the HEIGHT and FRAME of a person. I can get fat too (im taller than DC) and be 200+ lbs.. that doesn't make me a big guy or natural HW/LHW... it just make me "heavy" and fat.

No the fuck he shouldn't. No need to go full Kenny Florian. As Kenny found out, there are no easy routes to a title win. Weidman would probably starch Daniel as well. He may just have to settle for always being 2nd best.

Weidman will dwarf DC at 185.

OR ... he can destroy a couple of LHWs while working on his cardio and get a rematch with Jones.

Cormier wasn't rocked or even came close to getting finished vs Jones. If he can improve his cardio ... the fight could look more like the it did thru halfway of the 3rd round which was highly competitive vs Jones.

Back