Cormier needs to move to 185lbs

DC is about the same size as Rashad Evans, so I don't see why this is so out of the question. He carries a lot of fat at 205. He should take time off and focus on gradually cutting down to 185.

DazzlingScratchyBarracuda.gif

So Cormier is about the same size as another guy who started at heavyweight, then fought the rest of his career as a light heavyweight, and this is proof to you that Cormier should fight at MW?

dc_zps2f4ca374.gif

Has anyone considered that Cormier's fat and extra muscle actually helped him by not having to drain cardio via weight cutting and having extra strength?

I think Cormier gives Jones a much tougher fight at heavyweight.

Jeff Monson, Fedor, Mark Hunt, Shawn Jordan? All under 6ft and could not make 185lbs and be healthy.. Not every body type is equal to another, regardless of height.. Simple reality.

Lol fedor could easily make 185 without cutting much less with cutting water.

He looks like he carries enough body fat that he should be able to lose about 20 lbs of it, maybe actually have some abs, then he wouldn't have to cut any additional water weight than what he's cutting now. The problem with DC dieting off 20lbs of body fat, is that he's been fighting at heavyweight for years and probably won't be able to stay off the Popeye's chicken enough to make weight, and honestly he doesn't have that much incentive to drop down considering how well he's been doing at heavyweight and his performance against Jones was definitely nothing to be ashamed of.

Yup, he could definitely drop those excessive fat (ur right, definitely no popeye chicken). But this is sherdog, people don't like to hear about "dieting" or "clean diet"... they just want to say that straight weight cut will kill his kidneys.

So Cormier is about the same size as another guy who started at heavyweight, then fought the rest of his career as a light heavyweight, and this is proof to you that Cormier should fight at MW?

rashad has already talked of going down to mw

C'mon man, did you not see how fat Cormier was carrying for this fight? He would be a boss at welterweight.

Sealion_032912.jpg

LOL @ pic.

And guys if you have never cut a lot of weight, you just don't get it. Just because a guy doesn't look like a professional roided out fitness model with crystal clear abs doesn't mean he is in bad shape. People have to get off of that. Most fighters just look like average dudes with street clothes on, very few fighters (even when they're relatively "skinny") have ripped abs and sub 10 percent body fat.

Some guys are genetic freaks but most dudes carry around some fat with them all of the time. If Cormier were to cut enough weight to show up chiseled, he would sacrifice A LOT for that. When you cut very hard you feel like shit, all of the time. You're weak, lack energy, etc. Not stuff you want when you're a professional fighter.

cliffs: just because Cormier doesn't look like a fitness model doesn't mean he's "fat" or fighting at a weight that is way too heavy. Imagine Fedor at middleweight. Not everyone has a greek god body.

LOL @ pic.

And guys if you have never cut a lot of weight, you just don't get it. Just because a guy doesn't look like a professional roided out fitness model with crystal clear abs doesn't mean he is in bad shape. People have to get off of that. Most fighters just look like average dudes with street clothes on, very few fighters (even when they're relatively "skinny") have ripped abs and sub 10 percent body fat.

Some guys are genetic freaks but most dudes carry around some fat with them all of the time. If Cormier were to cut enough weight to show up chiseled, he would sacrifice A LOT for that. When you cut very hard you feel like shit, all of the time. You're weak, lack energy, etc. Not stuff you want when you're a professional fighter.

cliffs: just because Cormier doesn't look like a fitness model doesn't mean he's "fat" or fighting at a weight that is way too heavy. Imagine Fedor at middleweight. Not everyone has a greek god body.

Basically every fighter who doesn't fight at heavyweight (and a few light heavies) has a "greek god body", or at the very minimum a significantly leaner physique than DC. For the record though, I don't think DC NEEDS to drop to 185, I believe he can dominate pretty much everybody at heavyweight or light heavyweight other than Jones, I just believe he COULD make 185.

Matt Wiman.

TS doesnt even know how to spell the MW champs fucking name. Sad.

Basically every fighter who doesn't fight at heavyweight (and a few light heavies) has a "greek god body", or at the very minimum a significantly leaner physique than DC. For the record though, I don't think DC NEEDS to drop to 185, I believe he can dominate pretty much everybody at heavyweight or light heavyweight other than Jones, I just believe he COULD make 185.

He could do it. I walk around at 180-190. I could cut to 135 lbs. I COULD. I would feel absolutely horrible.

I do not think Cormier would do anything besides get tooled @ MW. I agree with you on the fact he could do it, but it's not a good idea.

so you suggest he go back to heavyweight with the ultimate goal there to face his bff cain?....
that will never happen -

he looked weiry because hes fat and doesnt eat properly. he still needs to cut but do it properly. hes only 5'10ish - very doable.
So mark hunt can make 185

Everyone looks small compared to Jones. In terms of weight, strength, power and speed Cormier was better than Jones, though, or atleast on the same level. Just at a disadvantage in reach and leverage, I guess. Cormier ragdolled people at heavyweight, he doesn't need to move to middleweight because he is too small...

He looked way too small in there with jones. He also carries alot of blubber still, even with the cut from heavy to 205.

I would like to see what he could do against wiman at 185. A cut he could and should make.

Nah ts, with his height n reach, he's more suited for ww maybe even lw.

Nah ts, with his height n reach, he's more suited for ww maybe even lw.

If Dong Hyum Kim and that Lim guy (who dwarfs DHK) could make 170. DHK and Lim are naturally big guys (height and frame) but carries no excessive fat. They prob walk around 190-200. (6'1 and 6'3-4ish respectively). There are actually a lot of big dudes at 170 these days... many guys are 6 ft to 6-3 on the roster and in very good shape and little body fat.

DC who is 5'10 and fat.

He'd be able to make 185 if he was low on body fat. Question is if he can shed the fat without losing energy in training. Some people put on a lot of weight despite not eating that much. Cain for example, but he's a HW so it makes sense for him.

Everyone looks small compared to Jones. In terms of weight, strength, power and speed Cormier was better than Jones, though, or atleast on the same level. Just at a disadvantage in reach and leverage, I guess. Cormier ragdolled people at heavyweight, he doesn't need to move to middleweight because he is too small...

Jones is tougher to take down than any HW except maybe Cain.

I, as the thread starter agree with everything straight6 has said

Cornier has admitted he loves eating too much. So its basivally that he needs to get over his love of shit food. If he focused on a proper diet high in greens lean mean and stayed away from excessive carbs he would EASILY EASLIY make 185

And for all those absolute idiots who think you will lose strength by losing FAT are uneducated. You can still maintain strength and get lean by eating correctly. And actually since the body can more easily use the nutrients from being lean than supporting the extra fat, he can,,,should I say it.... Get stronger ....

DC can successfully cut to 185 by changing his eating LIFESTYLE....AND RETAIN his strength.

He will never fight Cain and won't fight Jones again. MW is his only option if he wants a title

He looked way too small in there with jones. He also carries alot of blubber still, even with the cut from heavy to 205.

I would like to see what he could do against wiman at 185. A cut he could and should make.

Holy jesus, the guy went the distance with this "gigantic" lhw competitively and managed to slam him at his most fatigued state.

He lost but not badly.

Clearly he should be fighting at 145.

Back