Cormier: If I was Jones, I would go 100% Floyd Mayweather

People aren't white or black, you god damn idiots. I hate the MMA community. Jones is a mostly good and kind dude, but he probably feels the target on his back all the time and when someone comes at him he can be immature and sensitive and fire back (sometimes in a childish way).

Really though, has he ever, EVER, said anything about someone without that person come at him first? Something that you can honestly hate on, not some random ass light pre-fight hype. If people are constantly bashing you and coming at you, of course he should dish it back. Was so happy when he took a dump on Chuck and Phil on IG, they got clowned hard and deservedly so.

And if you bring up something like his horrible DUI, please. Stuff like that don't define ones personality, just that they have done something really stupid and should be scolded for it. I don't see people claiming Gustafsson should turn heel because he assaulted people and spent a year in jail though.

This is actually a very good post. Cheers, good sir.

Do you think Jones ever thinks "If I was Cormier....?"

Nah

lol,,,,,,,you see what i did there?

Yes, I stand corrected. People actually are white and black, and my entire original post can be disregarded. I'm out.

I think this makes sence, most people feel that way about him already anyway.

I never understood the whole "Jon Jones is cocky/asshole/fake" thing. The way he conducts himself, he's always seemed like a decent guy to me. He takes responsibility for his own actions, doesn't trash talk anyone (who doesn't start shit with him), gives his opponents the props they deserve, fan friendly, and just a chill dude overall personality-wise.

DC talks the truth! Jones must embrace his douchebaggery.

As a Jones hater (because he's fake), that's the only way I could eventually appreciate him. He would be a great heel. I wanna love to hate you Jon Jones! You're a great fighter, now become a great character!

This x 10. If Jones would just embrace the heel role, I'd actually be a fan. I loved Chael before his antics and his ridiculousness made me love him even more. Jones just seems so bland to me.

He's right I suppose...depending on what Jones' goals are.

But if this is really him - a complex and conflicted guy struggling to be a different person - then it might be hard for him to "play a role". Not everyone is cut out for the WWE-style persona thing and can stay in character.

DC talks the truth! Jones must embrace his douchebaggery.

As a Jones hater (because he's fake), that's the only way I could eventually appreciate him. He would be a great heel. I wanna love to hate you Jon Jones! You're a great fighter, now become a great character!

haha...agreed.

Jones failed when he took down his vid clip in which he was mocking everyone complaining about eye pokes. He should have left it up and added to it when the masses freaked out.

Well, too bad Cormier will never be as good as Jon Jones. He's like Mayweather though, a decision maker.

You people are so dumb. Just because you think he is fake, you spew it around as if it's the truth.

Cormier sounds pretty stupid here, actually. Why would Jones change who he is just because MMA fans bitch about him?

I'm a fan of Cormier and I don't think anyone can out-wrestle him at 205 pounds, but I honestly hope Jones makes this punk submit to him.

You are assuming that people don't have better street smarts than you do.

haha...agreed.

Jones failed when he took down his vid clip in which he was mocking everyone complaining about eye pokes. He should have left it up and added to it when the masses freaked out.

we can always hope he took it down to add more content, which would help the "heel cause"

He's right I suppose...depending on what Jones' goals are.

But if this is really him - a complex and conflicted guy struggling to be a different person - then it might be hard for him to "play a role". Not everyone is cut out for the WWE-style persona thing and can stay in character.

This is a great post. Maybe Jones isn't happy with the more arrogant side of himself, and is trying to be a "better" person. Maybe as he gets older and gets more comfortable with being an international star, who fights dangerous people for a living, he will be naturally be more "likeable."

Jones had a very quick rise, and was successful in a way that the young humble GSP was not against the stars of the sport (his loss to Hughes, and his close fight to Penn where he took a beating in the first round). Maybe being more arrogant helped him overcome the natural self doubt of fighting guys like Vera, Vlad, Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, and Rashad.

What the hell? Seriously? If I was fake I would probably be more like "oh yeah I'm a fan of DC.." and then I guess I would just blank out the stupid things he says and ignore them?

It's not my fault he said something stupid. I am still a fan and I am just speaking my mind.

And actually, these comments by Cormier, in my opinion, show one of the areas where Jones definitely has an advantage over Cormier, and that's in the mental aspect.

Like when Jones went up to Cormier and made that joke about out-wrestling him, and Cormier got all huffy and puffy about it - that is a whiny punk of a thing to do. Like the dude's a professional, Jones goes up to him and cracks a joke and the dude basically just cries about it. Whiny punk.

That's why Jones has the edge in fighting mentality - he just doesn't care.

But yeah I guess I'm fake. You guys like don't even have a point to make, you think you can just "oh he's fake" and that's that eh? :icon_cry2

Yeah I read through this thread and don't know you or the other poster from anywhere. Don't care much for the personalities of either Jones nor Cormier, but you do sound fake.

Rule #1 on Sherdog, when somebody starts a sentence with "I'm a huge fan, BUT..." "I've watched every Shogun fight, BUT..." "I liked Tito back when he was champ, BUT..." "I used to be the biggest Liddell fan, BUT..."

Here's another common variation of that fakeness: "Now before you knock me for hating on Wanderlei, just hear me out first..."

Basically all of that translates to "Now before I belittle Johnny UFC and dress down every so called achievement he has ever accomplished, as well as embelish every single flaw he has in his game, just know that I am a HUGE fan of Johnny UFC so therefore everything I am saying is completely impartial and valid"

It's a weird psychology that has existed on Sherdog for many years. I don't understand why some posters think they can still get away with it.

It's too bad too, because those types of scenarios do exist where somebody does genuinely like a guy they are about to knock, however, a bunch of bad apples have ruined it for the good ones.

What the hell? Seriously? If I was fake I would probably be more like "oh yeah I'm a fan of DC.." and then I guess I would just blank out the stupid things he says and ignore them?

It's not my fault he said something stupid. I am still a fan and I am just speaking my mind.

And actually, these comments by Cormier, in my opinion, show one of the areas where Jones definitely has an advantage over Cormier, and that's in the mental aspect.

Like when Jones went up to Cormier and made that joke about out-wrestling him, and Cormier got all huffy and puffy about it - that is a whiny punk of a thing to do. Like the dude's a professional, Jones goes up to him and cracks a joke and the dude basically just cries about it. Whiny punk.

That's why Jones has the edge in fighting mentality - he just doesn't care.

But yeah I guess I'm fake. You guys like don't even have a point to make, you think you can just "oh he's fake" and that's that eh? :icon_cry2

Didn't you just say that calling him "whiny" was too harsh about 2 posts ago, then you proceed to call him a "whiny punk" twice more.

DC is the fraudster, not Jones.

Jones clowns DC when they fight by the way. Jabs, pokes, kicks, knees, elbows etc from distance. it will look like the Shad fight but DC will gas and get finished. Everyone thinks the next guy is the one to beat Bones, but he never is.

Back