Cormier: If I was Jones, I would go 100% Floyd Mayweather

DC is the fraudster, not Jones.

Jones clowns DC when they fight by the way. Jabs, pokes, kicks, knees, elbows etc from distance. it will look like the Shad fight but DC will gas and get finished. Everyone thinks the next guy is the one to beat Bones, but he never is.

Jones has a jab?

You people are so dumb. Just because you think he is fake, you spew it around as if it's the truth.

it's the truth. only the blind can't see it.

look at all the evidence.

and you still can't come to the right conclusion?

Floyd Mayweather needs to start going 100% Jon Jones.

Clever move by DC.

Encourage Jones to be full hated champ, beat him down, leaving Jones as simply hated.

You people are so dumb. Just because you think he is fake, you spew it around as if it's the truth.

Umm, it is truth. The guy said that the UFC would never have to worry about him getting a DUI, then, he gets drunk and crashes into a pole.

Cormier's no victim. If he wanted to fight Cain, I bet he would have had his shot already. It's his choice to get to the top of one division and then switch to a division where there's already a contender in waiting.

Jones can't fake being a bad guy because part of what makes him who he is to people is the seemingly forced good guy persona. Im not sure he has the wit to be a really bad guy either. I honestly believe if he was intentionally a heel he would probably have even more fans. Jones pretending to be an upstanding respectful god fearing champion makes him an even bigger ass to people who dont like him. I dont have anything against the guy but i doubt he would be a very charismatic bad guy. Jones is doing just fine in the hater department. He'd have more fans wanting to see him win if he played bad from the start but he doesn't want that stigma, I think he wants to be the good guy but people just see through it. Floyd and chael are natural shit talkers. Mayweather tried to be a good guy in the beginning but he had charisma to go the opposite way. Jones turning a shit talker now would look just as forced as checking on machida.

i think part of floyd's appeal is that he makes 30-40 mil a fight, that's plenty reason for arrogance, if jones becomes the highest paid athlete in mma (idk if he is or not) he should definitely go the mayweather route

Mayweather posts Instagram pictures of himself in front of a Ferrari dealer

Jones did that too.

jon_jones_hits_the_big_time_with_bentley_purchase.jpg

Did not work out so well for him.

method=get&s=jon-jones-bentley.jpg

I can't tell if this is a cormier hate or jones hate thread...

....i guess it is both

UFC doesn't invoke the same kind of passion as boxers, because the UFC is the name. In boxing, the brand, the name, personability all comes with the boxer.

UFC is heading in the wrong direction, and if they actually do that uniform thing, you can bet they don't plan on changing that. Why would they take only 25% when they are currently getting 85-90%.

DC is telling the truth . people want to see Jones Turn heel

INB4............. well you know

this because the people still care about jones but nobody takes floyd serious anymore

And Floyd is crying all the way to the bank.

His last fight a couple of weeks ago Mayweather made $14,815 per second and $888,889 per minute

i dont fucking understand cormier

i remember a news i think like last year that they were in a party and they were hating each other or something like that and now hes all love for jj
You don't really think that was said out of love do you?

Its not even a thinly disguised insult. He's saying people don't like Jon and think he is an ass. And while some people believe its an act, that Bones is truly the ass he appears to be. That when he isn't being an ass, that's when he is being fake. Not the other way around.

Ironically he is probably right. Jones would be a bigger draw as some people would embrace him for being the heel and others would root against him that much harder and either way that means more people watching. But these two are having fun with the not-so-subtle insults and back-handed compliments. Like when Jon said he was impressed DC could lose the weight.

Sometimes these twitter wars or whatever outlet is used has almost a high-school chick feel to it. But I have found the banter between these two pretty entertaining. At least they make it interesting!

From a Marketing point of view that would be a good idea.

I guess I'm a masochist......I mean I KNOW by now that any thread with the words- jones(or jbj),ronda(or honda), dana(or dfw), fighter pay, diaz(either is an option),etc,etc....is going to be filled with mind blowing,knuckle whitening,pulse raising, god questioning STUPIDITY......but I always click on it...

shit....let me write some of his lines, I would get him to Mayweather status in no time.

Based on shit that you post on here, I have no doubt that you would be great for Jones' heel PR rep.

Make it happen, Dana.

Back