Cormier "close to perfect"

more like

I-LOL-e

am i right guys?!

I see what you did there. Iole is that old bald man with glasses and a paunch, always staring half-interested into his laptop while taking up valuable cageside seating at major MMA events. He's prone to hyperbole, and I for one do not hold his opinion in high regard.

Like him or not, Cormier is coming for Jones and he will make him look very bad.

Cormier LHW champion by the end of 2014

This. DC was throwing around some of the biggest HWs (Barnett, Big Foot, Soa). There isn't a LHW on the planet who could do that.

Once Jones decimates him he will be known as a can

LHW and HW are two very different monsters. That being said I look forward to watching this fight. Don't want to make any predictions, just want to watch these two guys slug it out.

I like this jab he takes at Patrick Cummins:

"Luckily for me, Rashad [fell out and Cummins replaced him] so late and I'd already been through the bulk of my training camp," Cormier said. "If you're not careful, you could fall into traps in your training if you're preparing for someone like a Patrick Cummins rather than a Rashad Evans or a Dan Henderson.

JBJ hate aside, here's why I love this fight, respect Cormier, and want him to win:

Had Cormier stayed at HW and Jones somehow met him at a catchweight, the match would be considered a superfight. But like all the dreams of GSP/Silva, this probably never would have materialized.

Cormier, albeit out of respect for his teammate, didn't use that as an excuse. He did what he said he was going to do and cut down to Jon's division. All along he's said he would beat Jones and is coming for him. Well he actually did it, and now he's within arm's reach. It's kind of a wonderful thing, because whether Gus wins the rematch or not, I can see the UFC hyping the fight between Jones/Cormier.

This is a superfight that's really going to happen. And it's going to be a damn good fight.

I really don't want to watch DC vs Hendo because its a mismatch and I think it's likely to end very, very badly. I get bummed out just thinking about it.

DC has looked pretty close to perfect. Until Gus made Jones like human I felt the same about him - who knows when DC will get challenged, but its likely to happen at some point.

This gave me a good laugh, DC has nothing for Bones and will get outclassed badly if they ever fight

This gave me a good laugh; Bones has nothing for DC and will get outclassed badly if they ever fight.

I'm quite sure there are a lot of fighters out there who haven't lost a round with their wrestling style. A lot of guys I've never heard of. In general, there are a lot of undefeated fighters on this planet.

Do you disagree when I say that wrestling control in the ground and in the clinch with boxing is the ultimate "round winning" style of MMA?

And you still avoid my post and question. Name 5 UFC fighters (since there are sooooo many of them) that can say this. Should be very easy for you.

He hasn't fought anybody decent except Nelson and Barnett

BIGFOOT- no
MIR- maybe years back, but today, no
CUMMINGS- lol no
Monson-no

Not having a 100% round win rate really tells me how bad he is, not how good

Jones is going to really f*uck this guy up

How is Bigfoot not decent when he destroyed Overeem and Browne, beat Fedor, outboxed Arlovski and almost beat Werdum (might have if not for broken hand)???

This. DC was throwing around some of the biggest HWs (Barnett, Big Foot, Soa). There isn't a LHW on the planet who could do that.
Yeah but people still find excuses to bitch and talk shit about him. I don't get it. He's one of the biggest threats to Jones. Part of the reason why it wasn't worth mentioning him as such before was because we weren't sure that he could even make 205, but now that has been cleared up.

Yeah but people find excuses to bitch and talk shit about him. I don't get it. He's one of the biggest threats to Jones. Part of the reason why it wasn't worth mentioning him as such before was because we weren't sure that he could even make 205, but now that has been cleared up.

How is he one of the biggest threats to Jones? How will he get inside the reach for a takedown?

Fucking clowns, Gus is the only challenge to Jones at the time. Size matters against Jones.

Beating someone up does not equate finishing, some people do not get finished except by freak injury .. ala Condit.

Your definition of perfect fighter has a huge flaw.

I disagree. I think the "perfect fighter" would find a way to put away anyone they fought. This is obviously asking a lot, but if we're going to attach the label of "perfect" to it...

JBJ hate aside, here's why I love this fight, respect Cormier, and want him to win:

Had Cormier stayed at HW and Jones somehow met him at a catchweight, the match would be considered a superfight. But like all the dreams of GSP/Silva, this probably never would have materialized.

Cormier, albeit out of respect for his teammate, didn't use that as an excuse. He did what he said he was going to do and cut down to Jon's division. All along he's said he would beat Jones and is coming for him. Well he actually did it, and now he's within arm's reach. It's kind of a wonderful thing, because whether Gus wins the rematch or not, I can see the UFC hyping the fight between Jones/Cormier.

This is a superfight that's really going to happen. And it's going to be a damn good fight.

Good point. I used to hate on cormier a little bit, cuz he seemed to keep talking about jones while taking fights at hw. But you're right. Good for him. I'm rooting for gus, but I'll be excited for jones/cormier regardless of the outcome.

That's actually seriously fucking impressive considering who's he been up against *wow*

Jones still beats him

Back