• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cop who slaughtered Eric Garner sues NYPD

its a shame the poor guy died. and its messed up the cop did what he did. but shit happens. cop should lose but I don't feel like anything is going to go his way. play stupid games win stupid prizes

Guy is barely getting by selling cigarettes for a living. I say leave him alone and let him scrape out an existence FFS.
Selling cigarettes to kids (really only underage kids buy loose cigarettes) is actually an incredibly scummy thing to do. Yes it’s tax evasion, but the reason that law got a major push is because it was primarily kids buying these cigarettes.

Of course I’m not saying it’s worth a death sentence. But it’s a shit thing to do.
Was he selling to kids?
Of course he was.

Selling cigarettes to kids (really only underage kids buy loose cigarettes) is actually an incredibly scummy thing to do. Yes it’s tax evasion, but the reason that law got a major push is because it was primarily kids buying these cigarettes.

Of course I’m not saying it’s worth a death sentence. But it’s a shit thing to do.

Of course he was.
that's just assuming shit to build him up as more of a bad guy

i've always known crackheads and homeless to be the ones buying loose cigs

Of course he was.

I did not see the part where it states he sold to kids......

that's just assuming shit to build him up as more of a bad guy

i've always known crackheads and homeless to be the ones buying loose cigs
Nah if I wanted to do that I could just mention his 30 prior arrests including grand larceny and assault convictions.

I’m just mentioning why selling loose cigarettes got a big push to be banned; and it’s because they’re often sold to underage kids. They used to be on every convenience store counter when I was growing up. Nobody gives a shit about crackheads and the homeless (plenty of other laws to bust them on too) but kids were always the main purchasers of those. Homeless and crackheads always begged for their cigs in my experience. Their money all goes to drugs or booze.

Nah if I wanted to do that I could just mention his 30 prior arrests including grand larceny and assault convictions.

I’m just mentioning why selling loose cigarettes got a big push to be banned; and it’s because they’re often sold to underage kids. They used to be on every convenience store counter when I was growing up. Nobody gives a shit about crackheads and the homeless (plenty of other laws to bust them on too) but kids were always the main purchasers of those. Homeless and crackheads always begged for their cigs in my experience. Their money all goes to drugs or booze.
not saying it doesn't happen but flat out claiming "of course he was" (selling to kids) isn't very fair, coming from a copper no less

You'd think this dude would want to leave and start a new life. He fucked up and this will make it worse for him.
His body count is rookie, he's gotta pump those numbers up.

not saying it doesn't happen but flat out claiming "of course he was" (selling to kids) isn't very fair, coming from a copper no less
Sorry. I just find it almost impossible to believe that he was out there selling loose cigarettes for years and never sold to kids. That this guy with a record a mile long including have committed worse crimes would be the only guy alive doing it who didn’t sell to kids.

Murder you say.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    "the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
verb
  1. kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
    "somebody tried to murder Joe"
The cop was a power tripping prick, but no murderer. Neither was officer Wilson, btw.

No way this cop should get his job back.
Murder she wrote.

Murrrrdur she wrooote.

Sorry. I just find it almost impossible to believe that he was out there selling loose cigarettes for years and never sold to kids. That this guy with a record a mile long including have committed worse crimes would be the only guy alive doing it who didn’t sell to kids.
whether he did or didn't, it's like you said; not worth a death sentence

whether he did or didn't, it's like you said; not worth a death sentence
No it’s not. My response wasn’t even about Garner specifically if you look back. It was in response to the crime being no big deal, and I was informing him of why it is in fact illegal and why I think it is validly so.

Yet, I dare say you wouldn't pop into a thread about a guy banging kids and say "well, actually, that's only deviant sexual assault, not rape."

Did you read the thread where people complained about a rape victims giving TV interviews? Someone tried to make precisely that argument.

Did you read the thread where people complained about a rape victims giving TV interviews? Someone tried to make precisely that argument.

I didn't view that thread, but, yeah, people like that exist. But @Bald1 isn't a giant POS creep and I don't think he'd be one of them.

I didn't view that thread, but, yeah, people like that exist. But @Bald1 isn't a giant POS creep and I don't think he'd be one of them.

I didn't even read who you had quoted. I read the 'you' as 'one'

I didn't even read who you had quoted. I read the 'you' as 'one'

Haha, "you" was, I guess, both in reference to Bald1 and a "reasonable person" you. Even though the older I get the fewer people there are to whom the standard applies, it seems.

Lol. Thanks. I have my moments of being a prick but it only goes so far. And in this case, once I read your post as well as Pans I changed my mind. My habit of being too literal doesn't always serve me well.

Murder you say.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    "the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
verb
  1. kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
    "somebody tried to murder Joe"
The cop was a power tripping prick, but no murderer. Neither was officer Wilson, btw.

No way this cop should get his job back.

Not saying the cop should get his job back, but he tried to restrain someone that decided that they weren't going to be arrested. That hardly seems like power tripping.

This seems like it would be common sense, but for some reason it's not to cops.
I watch these videos of cops subduing people, and it's like literally 3 200+ lb guys with their knees and full weight holding a guy down face first on asphalt.
Common sense kind of dictates that it'd be difficult to breathe or stay calm with that much pressure laid on you..now if the person has asthma or some kind of other medical condition, the potential for shit to get deadly quickly escalates.
Once the guy is in cuffs and on the ground what is the great danger he poses where you and 4 other able bodied people can't watch the guy?
It's the lack of common sense which a terrifying amount of American people just don't have.

He should have his job back.

What, if you're a fat piece of shit and resisting arrest, you can't be taken down? Fuck that.

Back