• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cop who slaughtered Eric Garner sues NYPD

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
for his job back

The former New York police officer who was fired in August for using a chokehold during Eric Garner's deadly arrest five years ago is suing to be reinstated.

Daniel Pantaleo filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the NYPD alleging the decision to terminate him was "arbitrary and capricious," Pantaleo's attorney, Stuart London, confirmed to NBC News. NYPD Commissioner James O'Neill chose to fire Pantaleo at the recommendation of the NYPD's Deputy Commissioner of Trials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...er-s-chokehold-death-daniel-pantaleo-n1071076

Sounds like he has no shot since they had cut & dry cause to fire him due to the chokehold.

One thing I hope people take from the Garner arrest is that often, people can indeed say "I can't breathe" when they are in life-threatening respiratory distress. I've witnessed this in person multiple times. Listen to people when they say that, and don't put pressure on their chest or stuff them face down.

Murder you say.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
    "the stabbing murder of an off-Broadway producer"
verb
  1. kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.
    "somebody tried to murder Joe"
The cop was a power tripping prick, but no murderer. Neither was officer Wilson, btw.

No way this cop should get his job back.

You'd think this dude would want to leave and start a new life. He fucked up and this will make it worse for him.

Sounds like he has no shot since they had cut & dry cause to fire him due to the chokehold.

One thing I hope people take from the Garner arrest is that often, people can indeed say "I can't breathe" when they are in life-threatening respiratory distress. I've witnessed this in person multiple times. Listen to people when they say that, and don't put pressure on their chest or stuff them face down.
There was a video posted here a few weeks after Garner's death where a woman resists arrest then cop grabs woman's wrist and she starts screaming I cant breathe

There was a video posted here a few weeks after Garner's death where a woman resists arrest then cop grabs woman's wrist and she starts screaming I cant breathe
I'm not sure what to do with that information, but thank you for your time.

Murder you say.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
verb
The cop was a power tripping prick, but no murderer. Neither was officer Wilson, btw.

Changed the thread title

man·slaugh·ter
/ˈmanˌslôdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.
    "the defendant was convicted of manslaughter"

Murder you say.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
verb

your definition makes him a murderer. He maintained a chokehold despite not being in any physical duress himself and maintained it until a man died. thats fairly premeditated. Premeditated doesnt mean the dude had a five step plan to kill somebody when he woke up that day. it simply means you intentionally killed a person despite having the fore withal to choose not to i.e. if im walking down the street and you hit me, and i pull a gun and blow your brains out. premeditated often goes hand in hand with deliberation.

This seems like it would be common sense, but for some reason it's not to cops.
I watch these videos of cops subduing people, and it's like literally 3 200+ lb guys with their knees and full weight holding a guy down face first on asphalt.
Common sense kind of dictates that it'd be difficult to breathe or stay calm with that much pressure laid on you..now if the person has asthma or some kind of other medical condition, the potential for shit to get deadly quickly escalates.
Once the guy is in cuffs and on the ground what is the great danger he poses where you and 4 other able bodied people can't watch the guy?

Common sense kind of dictates that it'd be difficult to breathe or stay calm with that much pressure laid on you..now if the person has asthma or some kind of other medical condition, the potential for shit to get deadly quickly escalates.

In this situation Greg Hardy would be a dead man without his inhaler.

your definition makes him a murderer. He maintained a chokehold despite not being in any physical duress himself and maintained it until a man died. thats fairly premeditated. Premeditated doesnt mean the dude had a five step plan to kill somebody when he woke up that day. it simply means you intentionally killed a person despite having the fore withal to choose not to i.e. if im walking down the street and you hit me, and i pull a gun and blow your brains out. premeditated often goes hand in hand with deliberation.

Yeah I'm sure the cop intended to kill someone in front of multiple witnesses and cops and risk going to prison for 20 years. Flawless reasoning.

The fact is he did a sloppy stranglehold (cut blood flow on sides of the neck), which is allowed, but he performed it poorly and it ended up being a chokehold (cut off air flow). The report said the weight of multiple cops crushing the lungs was also a factor. I'm not sure how much the chokehold was the determining factor considering he was still talking - the crushing of lungs by multiple cops might have done it. Black guy was fat AF, had asthma and was basically made out of glass - died ridiculously easily. All factors for why the cop not only didn't get charged with murder (let alone premeditated) - he's been cleared of all charges.

This seems like it would be common sense, but for some reason it's not to cops.
I watch these videos of cops subduing people, and it's like literally 3 200+ lb guys with their knees and full weight holding a guy down face first on asphalt.
Once the guy is in cuffs and on the ground what is the great danger he poses where you and 4 other able bodied people can't watch the guy?
why even rush and take down a guy selling loose cigs in the first place, nevermind the chokehold

<{walkerwhut}>

why even rush and take down a guy selling loose cigs in the first place, nevermind the chokehold

<{walkerwhut}>
Gotta keep them arrest quotas up, my man.
A man's gotta put food on the table somehow.
<Fedor23>

Murder you say.

mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
Learn to pronounce
noun
verb

I go by the Oxford English Dictionary who are the custodian of meaning in english

1. a. The most heinous kind of criminal homicide; also, an instance of this. In English (also Sc. and U.S.) Law, defined as the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought

Which attributes malic not premeditation.

https://www.oed.com/oed2/00153783;jsessionid=6ED6CD788FDEBB53BB7AC8A6B22A24B0

Malice Aforethought is the intention to harm or kill.

The above definition is an incompete definition as described in the OED. See the link for the full etymology of murder through the ages.

Also never forget Rener Gracie shilling that it wasn't a choke hold even though the autopsy showed it was.

Yeah I'm sure the cop intended to kill someone in front of multiple witnesses and cops and risk going to prison for 20 years. Flawless reasoning.

The fact is he did a sloppy stranglehold (cut blood flow on sides of the neck), which is allowed, but he performed it poorly and it ended up being a chokehold (cut off air flow). The report said the weight of multiple cops crushing the lungs was also a factor. I'm not sure how much the chokehold was the determining factor considering he was still talking - the crushing of lungs by multiple cops might have done it. Black guy was fat AF, had asthma and was basically made out of glass - died ridiculously easily. All factors for why the cop not only didn't get charged with murder (let alone premeditated) - he's been cleared of all charges.
How do you have a brain and not know this could lead to death?
I've wrestled with people in gyms, i've wrestled with my kid brother when we were younger, with girlfriends that are smaller than me, I've always been aware of the amount of weight I'm putting on them and how they could potentially feel.

If I put a chokehold on a guy and have 3 of my other friends also sit on this guy as well, it's pretty obvious to anyone not brain dead that breathing is going to be a difficult task, especially when he's literally telling me that he can't breathe.

I go by the Oxford English Dictionary who are the custodian of meaning in english

1. a. The most heinous kind of criminal homicide; also, an instance of this. In English (also Sc. and U.S.) Law, defined as the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought

Which attributes malic not premeditation.

https://www.oed.com/oed2/00153783;jsessionid=6ED6CD788FDEBB53BB7AC8A6B22A24B0

Malice Aforethought is the intention to harm or kill.

The above definition is an incompete definition as described in the OED. See the link for the full etymology of murder through the ages.

Alright, I see your points even if I disagree with you. Murder, to me indicates premeditation and intent. However, as I'm no lawyer let's get some professional opinions in here.
@Trotsky @panamaican @Quipling

Murder or not?

Just to be clear, I'm not even defending the cop not do It think he should get his job back. My interest here is establishing a baseline as it comes to word usage so we're all on the same page when communicating. I'm open to correction, in other words.

Alright, I see your points even if I disagree with you. Murder, to me indicated premeditation and intent. However, as I'm no lawyer let's get some professional opinions in here.
@Trotsky @panamaican @Quipling

Just to be clear, I'm not even defending the cop not do It think he should get his job back. My interest here is establishing a baseline as it comes to word usage so we're all on the same page when communicating. I'm open to correction, in other words.

I don't put much weight on my subjective opinion, i'm just going with what the OED say it is. Yeah meanings change for everyone so it is always good to make sure when i say a word we both mean the same thing. Certainly helps communication.

It's a good practice to make sure everyone on the same page. I'm far from an expert on legal or linguistic issues though hence why i refer to the OED a lot.

Back