Cop doesn't shoot unarmed suspect and is pistol whipped, bystanders tweet pictures

Ummm no, help the wounded citizen that is face down on the ground, bleeding profusely from his head...like a normal person would.

The problem is that the story is devoid of detail. Did anybody call 911? It is not clear if it was just some bystanders who took photos or if it was everyone. Was the officer discovered by the backup he called, or were there people helping when the backup got there? The suspect allegedly fled the scene. At what point did he do that?

Did the officer have any nonlethal equipment on him? If so, why didn't he use them? If not, then is it proper protocol to enter a situation like this without them? And just how did the guy get the cop's gun?

This isn't a great article.

So a public servant DOESN'T shoot an unarmed citizen, and that makes news?

Seems like if your sign up to be a cop, to protect and serve, this is one of the risks that come with it. Sometimes you might get your ass kicked.

Or killed with his own gun. He would have been justified for shooting someone going for his gun, but he didn't want to be convicted by the MSM.

Didn't forensics show that the Gentile Giant of Ferguson had blood on Wilson's gun? So he was attacking him too, the stories are similar, just the cops acted differently.

Perhaps he could have used non lethal force i.e. tazer or pepper spray? From the OP, it sounds like the cop just stood there and let the guy take his gun. If not that then the guy managed to forcefully take the cops gun from him and we do not know if the cop would have shot him or not.

Sometimes people end up dying when non-lethatl force is used. They didn't use a gun on Freddie Gray (sp?) or Eric Garner, yet their deaths led to huge outcries. If the cop used a tazer and the suspect had a heart attack, their would have been screams of MURDER. If he used pepper spray and the guy had an allergic reaction and died, it would have been MURDER as well.

So a public servant DOESN'T shoot an unarmed citizen, and that makes news?

No, it made news because he didn't shoot them and then got pistol whipped.

I get that mocking the guy is shitty and in bad taste, but what exactly is the expectation here? That a bunch of untrained jackasses should confront the guy who managed to overpower and steal a cop's weapon? That's a terrible idea for extremely obvious reasons.

If you'd watch a helpless, wounded person get beat down, you are scum.

I hope if the shoe is on the foot, the police officers just film you getting beat up.

Why was a police detective performing a traffic stop?

I hope if the shoe is on the foot, the police officers just film you getting beat up.

??? people almost always just watch. I ma sure you dont feel the same way about watchng police beat someone down.

Which falls right into the list of reasonable bodily risks that a person that goes into that line of work should expect.

Next week's headline: Firefighter sustains burns while putting out fire. More at 5!

Which falls right into the list of reasonable bodily risks that a person that goes into that line of work should expect.

Next week's headline: Firefighter sustains burns while putting out fire. More at 5!

You're kind of coming off like a dick. Every time you get in a car you run the risk of getting fucked up in an accident, but that doesn't mean people should just shrug their shoulders if they see you get t-boned by a semi.

This is something we have to stress to boot officers, don't let the idea that you will be crucified in the media stop you from protecting yourself.

Are you too stupid to recognize context, or are you just being obtuse on purpose?

The proper comparison would be if Firefighters were getting constantly berated in the media and fired for "wasting precious water" when putting out fires, and then one firefighter decideds not to use any water, citing the likely negative media attention it would draw, and then gets burned.

Getting shot when committing crimes is on the list of reasonable bodily injuries for that occupation as well, but that doesn't stop the media covering criminals who get gunned down by police.

If I see someone overpower a cop and take their weapon and then proceed to seriously assault the cop, I will feel terrible for the cop. However, I'm not likely to help, because then there would just be two helpless, wounded people getting beaten down. Great! My conscience is eased! And all it cost me was a serious concussion and a few broken ribs, and it didn't help the other guy at all!

Sometimes people end up dying when non-lethatl force is used. They didn't use a gun on Freddie Gray (sp?) or Eric Garner, yet their deaths led to huge outcries. If the cop used a tazer and the suspect had a heart attack, their would have been screams of MURDER. If he used pepper spray and the guy had an allergic reaction and died, it would have been MURDER as well.

That's right but it is hard for me to believe that his fear of being crucified by the media or public would override his sense of self preservation. In a situation like that you are all instinct, you go into survival mode. I doubt the officer was thinking to himself "I better just let this guy take my gun", that is nuts and if that is the case, he probably shouldn't be police officer. Sure, non-lethal force can be lethal but it seems much more reasonable to use one of those options first which most likely is not going to kill someone instead of going right to shooting them and most likely killing them. Saying that since non-lethal force can indeed kill people, we should just go right to trying to kill them makes no sense.

do that and maybe you get sued for trying to help, depending on the state.

No. When have you EVER heard of a case where someone was sued for helping an injured officer? If your first reaction is to ponder imaginary legal repercussions before helping someone, then you're a bad person.

A decent human being helps, and doesn't mock those in need. I'm seriously starting to question the moral judgement of some of the posters in here.

Sure, if that firefiighter took too long to open a door because he didn't want to be sued for needlessly destroying people's property by using an axe.

Cops are trained to use guns, they are required to carry a sidearm as part of their uniform. This cop refused to use his firearm because there's a growing trend of SJW's demonizing cops who shoot suspects even if the cop was justified in the shooting.

That's right but it is hard for me to believe that his fear of being crucified by the media or public would override his sense of self preservation. In a situation like that you are all instinct, you go into survival mode. I doubt the officer was thinking to himself "I better just let this guy take my gun", that is nuts and if that is the case, he probably shouldn't be police officer. Sure, non-lethal force can be lethal but it seems much more reasonable to use one of those options first which most likely is not going to kill someone instead of going right to shooting them and most likely killing them. Saying that since non-lethal force can indeed kill people, we should just go right to trying to kill them makes no sense.

No, I doubt he was, either. He was likely thinking "How can I subdue this guy WITHOUT having to resort to shooting him?"

If I see someone overpower a cop and take their weapon and then proceed to seriously assault the cop, I will feel terrible for the cop. However, I'm not likely to help, because then there would just be two helpless, wounded people getting beaten down. Great! My conscience is eased! And all it cost me was a serious concussion and a few broken ribs, and it didn't help the other guy at all!

The perpetrator ran away. You're simply making excuses for being a bad person.

You could call 911. I don't think anyone would expect you to jump in to a beating when a criminal is holding a gun

Instead these guys took pictures and tweeted out jokes which is worse than doing nothing.

Firefighters aren't villainized for doing everything in their power to avoid burns while putting out the fire either

Disgusting all around...

disgusting that citizens just watched and did nothing...

more disgusting because of the social media comments..

and most disgusting that the anti-police fervor has reached such a level, where a police officer is hesitant in doing his job or employing justified use of deadly force.

The perpetrator ran away. You're simply making excuses for being a bad person.

You could call 911. I don't think anyone would expect you to jump in to a beating when a criminal is holding a gun

Instead these guys took pictures and tweeted out jokes which is worse than doing nothing.

As I said in a previous post, the article is devoid of details. When did the perpetrator allegedly flee the scene? Did any of the witnesses help at all? Did anyone in the crowd call 911? The article is very careful not to provide any specifics.

Just for clarity, if I see an unconscious cop on the side of the road, of course I'm stopping to help.

The cop will live. The pistol whipper will go to jail, and the world will continue to spin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back