contract killer mma shirt. . wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
But still just not carrying one shirt is not that big of a deal. I don't even think that shirt will sell well because of the shitty reaction it is getting. It would be different if a company actually refused to stock and sell that clothing line instead.

But still just not carrying one shirt is not that big of a deal. I don't even think that shirt will sell well because of the shitty reaction it is getting. It would be different if a company actually refused to stock and sell that clothing line instead.

I agree 100%

Not sure what that has to do with mma, but I recognized what it was supposed to be depicting immediately.

Damn ur very bright:icon_chee It took me 10 mins to figure out it shows an execution:icon_conf

WOW I disliked them before due to their name but a shirt like this is completely classless. Thank you MMA Warehouse for not carrying it.

I actually told all the people at my gym not to buy their shit and to spread the word. I also put it in my signature. Not sure how well this will work though.

I had the same reaction you all did to it which is why we decided against carrying it. It's very tasteless and it makes no sense to me why someone would want to put that on a shirt.

You have earned my business. i respect that MMAWAREHOUSE.

That's a bit tasteless, I mean are they gonna use jfk/zapruder film as a hoodie?! Fuck them and fuck that shirt...

they belong sticking with where they started, PAINTBALL. i do kinda like a pair of their shorts though :-/

damn i have a pair of their shorts but this is little too far, thats fed, these guys must seriously be regretting putting something like this out, its sending the wrong message

Here's a great example that your collective voice can make a difference. I brought this thread to the attention of Contract Killer as I think they would want to know what the MMA community thought of the shirt and them as a company since they are somewhat new to this sport. They were definitely taken aback by everyone's reactions. Chris Corcino who is both co-owner of the company and as I learned, the designer of the shirt, asked me to post this on his behalf:

"We are really sorry for the way this shirt has offended so many. The intention of the shirt was to depict the reality of war, not to glorify killing. Obviously shock value was a factor, but it's become apparent that this artistic choice was definitely one we wish we could take back. We are in the process of removing the shirt from our site and no longer offer it for sale. We are truly sorry to the MMA community and hope that you can give us a second chance.

Chris Corcino
HYBRID TECH LLC
www.myspace.com/contractkillermma
www.hybridworld.us
www.contractkillerclothing.com"

It's a step in the right direction. Good to hear that. Perhaps in the future, a little more market research should be done before "shock value" designs are released.

A little trivia for youz all on the photo. The guy with the gun is a police chief and the dude getting it is viet cong that had just been caught after murdering the police chief's family. Just another example of a photo or a video saying a thousand words non of which may be factual.

Paintball definately has a market for obnoxious clothing and titles of brands and merchandise.

they are a paintball company and that kind of stuff is more accepted on paintball i didnt know they started making MMA Apparel. All of there shirts have bombs dropping or somethign to do with war and killing

Maybe its their clever marketing scheme to get people to remember their brand name?? Cuz people on this forum definately know of Contract Killer now..

Maybe its their clever marketing scheme to get people to remember their brand name?? Cuz people on this forum definately know of Contract Killer now..

"There's no such thing as BAD publicity..."

-Brendan Behan

*Although, there is bad taste...Either way, they'll be talking aboutcha!"*

Like some kind of "ill-will campaign". Great idea. LOL

Chris Corcino who is both co-owner of the company and as I learned, the designer of the shirt

Yeah I was wondering how this tee got approval for production. Usually t-shirt designs go through a lot of people's hands before seeing the light of day. I guess no one wanted to disagree with the Boss on this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back