Contender Series Season 7 thread

As expected

We've also got Abdul-Kareem El-Selwady, Mitch Ramirez and Carlos Prates added to the Fight Pass roster.

Bonfim vs Abbasov was absurd matchmaking. I was very pleased they signed Azat and Asu straight away though, awesome. Wasn't a Kazakh LHW/MW supposed to be on the contender series this year? I forget his name.
Regarding Murodov.
So there is Russian org PWL, they hold wrestling bouts. Recently ACA asked them to cancel bout of Vener Galiev since he is their fighter. Ali Bagautinov (PWL official) came up with statement where he mentioned that UFC allows guys like Fakhretdinov and Murodov to compete there unlike ACA.

EDIT: my bad it's WOLNIK not PWL.

Last edited:
Murodov
Ueo2xRC6y3U.jpg

Ignatiev
OBY9K7h_g0A.jpg

Murodov
Ueo2xRC6y3U.jpg

Ignatiev
OBY9K7h_g0A.jpg

Ignatiev is kinda small for 145lbs, he's wrestling at Welterweight? I hope Ignatiev and Samandar end up on the contender series or signed this year. Not sure what the hold up has been.

Harila out, can't get a visa. Apparently lied on his application in 2016.

Back in 2016, when he visited the USA for the IMMAF, Tobias only needed a tourist visa, where the: "have you done crime!?" question is nothing more than a Yes or No fill-in box.

Now for DWCS he needs an Sports Visa for which you need to send in your crime register as well.

And apparently Harila has a rap sheet to make Gus proud.

Back in 2016, when he visited the USA for the IMMAF, Tobias only needed a tourist visa, where the: "have you done crime!?" question is nothing more than a Yes or No fill-in box.

Now for DWCS he needs an Sports Visa for which you need to send in your crime register as well.

And apparently Harila has a rap sheet to make Gus proud.

I remember the same thing happening with Saul Rogers on TUF. You don't tick that box then shit catches up to you.

I remember the same thing happening with Saul Rogers on TUF. You don't tick that box then shit catches up to you.

Tobias is a fun as hell fighter but since he was compeating very evenly in Cage Warriors I doubt he'd be able to hang in the UFC anyhow.

I just hope Caposa never hears of this Harila is one of his boys.

Tobias is a fun as hell fighter but since he was compeating very evenly in Cage Warriors I doubt he'd be able to hang in the UFC anyhow.

I just hope Caposa never hears of this Harila is one of his boys.

Yeah, I don't think he would have done well in the UFC. His tactic is basically to march forward and absorb all your shots until he can catch you and I don't think that works at the top level.

I remember William Gomis made him look like an absolute tool when they fought.

Crossing fingers they can get Ben Tynan on the show. He's still pretty inexperienced, but even inexperienced he's better than a lot of the HW's they've already signed. Plus it's HW, you gotta take anyone with potential, the division as a whole is a wreck and every org wants to patch their thinning HW rosters.

Crossing fingers they can get Ben Tynan on the show. He's still pretty inexperienced, but even inexperienced he's better than a lot of the HW's they've already signed. Plus it's HW, you gotta take anyone with potential, the division as a whole is a wreck and every org wants to patch their thinning HW rosters.

100%. They've had guys like Alton Meeks on there, he was 2-0. I definitely think they shoudl get him on there.

I didn't see anyone post this, Lucas Rocha confirmed for the contender series.

Still no word on Jean Matsumoto, Wellington Prado, Felipe Lima?

I didn't see anyone post this, Lucas Rocha confirmed for the contender series.

Still no word on Jean Matsumoto, Wellington Prado, Felipe Lima?

Nothing yet. I'm not sure Rocha is quite ready based on his last fight, but I guess it depends who he gets.

Matsumoto might actually be a good opponent if he decided to drop back to 125.

Back