Newbies added to the roster

Brazilian LHW and LFA champ Bruno Lopes
Brazilian HW and former GLORY fighter Jhonata Diniz
South African MW Chad Hanekom who had a split decision loss to Ikram

Brazilian FLW and LFA champ Felipe Bunes
Canadian FLW - Corinne Laframboise
Paraguayan SW Patricia Alujas
Aussie MW Cam Rowston

Very happy with these three, particularly Lopes.

Aussie MW Cam Rowston
Bunes is fighting Zhumagulov June 17.

Aussie MW Cam Rowston
Brazilians look interesting and Hanekom did score a nasty Elbow KO in his last fight with Brave.

Pretty good fight. Neves shit the bed last year but looked really good before and since and Diniz is a decent level kickboxer.

New names added to the roster

Shamil Gaziev - Russian heavyweight monster who fights under Bahrain flag. Knocked Darko Stosic literally off his feet with an uppercut recently.

Greg Velasco - CFFC heavyweight champ. More of a wrestler. If he's fighting Gaziev he's in trouble imo

Igor Da Silva - Jungle Fight Flyweight champ, only 20 but a bit of a phenom imo.

Jhonata Silva - Nova Uniao Flyweight who's a former Shooto Brazil champ, was inactive for a bit before returning to Cage Warriors this year and getting a wn.

Stephanie Luciano - Strawweight who's fairly young and inexperienced, looked good in flashed.

Fabiola Pidroni - Italian Strawweight who recently crashed my Assia Miri hype.

Pretty good fight. Neves shit the bed last year but looked really good before and since and Diniz is a decent level kickboxer.

Yeah, Neves was ridiculously disappointing in what looked like a supposed can-crashing win for him, on paper. Diniz probably kicks his ass.

Shamil Gaziev - Russian heavyweight monster who fights under Bahrain flag. Knocked Darko Stosic literally off his feet with an uppercut recently.

Greg Velasco - CFFC heavyweight champ. More of a wrestler. If he's fighting Gaziev he's in trouble imo

Igor Da Silva - Jungle Fight Flyweight champ, only 20 but a bit of a phenom imo.

Jhonata Silva - Nova Uniao Flyweight who's a former Shooto Brazil champ, was inactive for a bit before returning to Cage Warriors this year and getting a wn.

Stephanie Luciano - Strawweight who's fairly young and inexperienced, looked good in flashed.

Gaziev is a huge addition in more ways than one. Massive coup, for DWCS. Agreed, if he's fighting Velasco Greg is in deep trouble.

Gaziev and Da Silva are huge.

Oh damn, Gaziev is super interesting addition.
Can definitely see that guy break into the top10 maybe even top 5.

But I will hold my horses until I see how he does before getting dissapointed.

Aliskerov mentions that he was included in DWTNCS last year because Khabib asked to put him there. https://mma.metaratings.ru/news/aliskerov-rasskazal-kak-khabib-pomog-emu-popast-v-ufc-248512/
I think that maybe this year there will be as much fighters from Russia (last year there were Aliskerov and Dudakova) and UFC perhaps will include more people like Gaziev (Russians who decided to represent other countries).

I think Soldatkin is repping Germany at the moment, so maybe a chance for him to get on in that case.

Imagine pretending to be a fan of MMA and not watching Contender Series. The quality of these signings is absurd.

Imagine pretending to be a fan of MMA and not watching Contender Series. The quality of these signings is absurd.
Compared to last season's signings this season havent been as impressive, tbh. Dont get me wrong, they are quiet good and would probably be blue chip signings for ONE, PFL, or Bellator but last season's were just plain ridiculous.

Compared to last season's signings this season havent been as impressive, tbh. Dont get me wrong, they are quiet good and would probably be blue chip signings for ONE, PFL, or Bellator but last season's were just plain ridiculous.

Eh, plenty of mediocre guys on last year's contender series and definitely a good crop of studs too. It's too soon to tell, there's what less than 20 fighters announced so far out of 100?

Eh, plenty of mediocre guys on last year's contender series and definitely a good crop of studs too. It's too soon to tell, there's what less than 20 fighters announced so far out of 100?

I make it 41 that we can be confident will be on.

Back