Contender Series Season 7 thread

What's the list currently? I haven't heard that many good names yet so that's a bummer.

It's on the front page brother.

So far I like Shamil Gaziev, Lucas Fernando, Igor Da Silva, Bruno Lopes, Josefine Knutsson, Eli Aronov, Josh Van, Tom Nolan, Chad Hanekom, Payton Talbott, Jhonata Diniz, Eduardo Neves and Thomas Peterson

It's on the front page brother.

So far I like Shamil Gaziev, Lucas Fernando, Igor Da Silva, Bruno Lopes, Josefine Knutsson, Eli Aronov, Josh Van, Tom Nolan, Chad Hanekom, Payton Talbott, Jhonata Diniz, Eduardo Neves and Thomas Peterson

Ahh you're updating it, good on you, appreciate all the effort.

Yeah, I'm pretty high on Gaziev, Fernando, Igor Da Silva, Joshua Van, Bruno Lopes. The majority of guys listed are decent but underwhelming...like many clearly better options out there to gun for. Hopefully the 2nd half is more stacked.

I'm still Hopeful on Formela, Cezary, Lucas Rocha, Bekzat Almakhan, Ignatiev, Samandar, Shinryu, Kabardiev, Edil Esengulov, Bashi, Loughran, Felipe Lima, Paul Hughes, Matsumoto, Wellington Prado, Baki, Muin Gafurov, Tariel Abbasov, Adam Masaev, Murad Magomedov and probably quite a few others. Theres a lot of chaff and not enough of these guys unfortunately but my expecations are of course unrealistic.

I had a list of guys who are likely able to be signed that showed interest that are top shelf. A lot of these guys, like Payton Talbott I think is awesome but why sign these 5-0 23 year olds when there's dudes with way better records and more proven wins? I wish they'd tighten up a little, put a guy like Talbott in the LFA for a year or two and then sign him, be hands on. Predrag is another I hope gets on if he looks real good vs Prazeres. It's of course possible quite a few of these guys end up signed directly of course.

Ahh you're updating it, good on you, appreciate all the effort.

Yeah, I'm pretty high on Gaziev, Fernando, Igor Da Silva, Joshua Van, Bruno Lopes. The majority of guys listed are decent but underwhelming...like many clearly better options out there to gun for. Hopefully the 2nd half is more stacked.

I'm still Hopeful on Formela, Cezary, Lucas Rocha, Bekzat Almakhan, Ignatiev, Samandar, Shinryu, Kabardiev, Edil Esengulov, Bashi, Loughran, Felipe Lima, Paul Hughes, Matsumoto, Wellington Prado, Baki, Muin Gafurov, Tariel Abbasov, Adam Masaev, Murad Magomedov and probably quite a few others. Theres a lot of chaff and not enough of these guys unfortunately but my expecations are of course unrealistic.

I had a list of guys who are likely able to be signed that showed interest that are top shelf. A lot of these guys, like Payton Talbott I think is awesome but why sign these 5-0 23 year olds when there's dudes with way better records and more proven wins? I wish they'd tighten up a little, put a guy like Talbott in the LFA for a year or two and then sign him, be hands on. Predrag is another I hope gets on if he looks real good vs Prazeres. It's of course possible quite a few of these guys end up signed directly of course.

Bashi is taking his time I think. He's just been booked against Ricky Bandejas so probably will look to get in direct later in the year.

I think a Cage Warriors champ like Hughes would be a direct signing too, just probably waiting for the right time.

I asked Michal on Twitter if Cezary was gonna be on and he said that's the plan so fingers crossed there.

Looks like Hyder Amil Vs Ezrah Sonmez will be on. Sonmez is a bit of a weird one but he's okay. Amil is really good and should beat him imo.

Bashi is taking his time I think. He's just been booked against Ricky Bandejas so probably will look to get in direct later in the year.

I think a Cage Warriors champ like Hughes would be a direct signing too, just probably waiting for the right time.

I asked Michal on Twitter if Cezary was gonna be on and he said that's the plan so fingers crossed there.

I heard Hardwick is signing straight away so you're probably right about Hughes and maybe even Loughran too. Bashi was on the fence, he has said he's very open to offers form the UFC this year while last year he said he felt it was too soon, so who knows but I generally am a fan of a guy at least having 10 pro fights unless they have am extensive amateur background or some sort or accolades from a different combat sport or martial art.

Cezary said something similar when I asked him too and Formela is hoping a win over Akishev gets him the UFCs favor as well. We will see, too much chaff being signed to the contender series still. I'd like it 4-5 out of the 10 guys minimum on each card are premium prospects personally.

I heard Hardwick is signing straight away so you're probably right about Hughes and maybe even Loughran too. Bashi was on the fence, he has said he's very open to offers form the UFC this year while last year he said he felt it was too soon, so who knows but I generally am a fan of a guy at least having 10 pro fights unless they have am extensive amateur background or some sort or accolades from a different combat sport or martial art.

Cezary said something similar when I asked him too and Formela is hoping a win over Akishev gets him the UFCs favor as well. We will see, too much chaff being signed to the contender series still. I'd like it 4-5 out of the 10 guys minimum on each card are premium prospects personally.

I think the one thing I'm happier with this year is that the matchups seem better. They're more one sided, but personally I like that. Have a favourite and a dog who can upset them. Haven't seen any Jailton Vs Nasrudinov, Dudakova Vs Silva, Bonfim Vs Abbasov type fights yet.

I think the one thing I'm happier with this year is that the matchups seem better. They're more one sided, but personally I like that. Have a favourite and a dog who can upset them. Haven't seen any Jailton Vs Nasrudinov, Dudakova Vs Silva, Bonfim Vs Abbasov type fights yet.

Bonfim vs Abbasov was absurd matchmaking. I was very pleased they signed Azat and Asu straight away though, awesome. Wasn't a Kazakh LHW/MW supposed to be on the contender series this year? I forget his name.

Bonfim vs Abbasov was absurd matchmaking. I was very pleased they signed Azat and Asu straight away though, awesome. Wasn't a Kazakh LHW/MW supposed to be on the contender series this year? I forget his name.

Diyar Nurgozhay has been rumoured, yeah.

Quite a few HWs but I fear a lot will just be padded records, aside from Gaziev, Diniz, Velasco and Szaflarski maybe. maybe.
2 Of the brazilian guys already looked bad on their last appearance.

Quite a few HWs but I fear a lot will just be padded records, aside from Gaziev, Diniz, Velasco and Szaflarski maybe. maybe.

Neves is better than he showed last season imo.

Szaflarski is supposed to be a massive can crusher, worst there maybe.

Diniz is very dangerous on the feet but looked like he had never grappled before when he was taken down in his MMA debut around a year ago. Hopefully he has worked on that but it will be a huge liability if he gets signed. Szaflarski is a smart fighter that has made the most of being an unathletic grappler with limited striking. He probably will win a bunch of fights against the bottom of the HW division but he isn't dangerous enough to crack the rankings most likely.

Gaziev is realistically the only one I could see having competitive fights with upper-tier HWs.

Its slim pickings at HW on the regional scene, at the moment, this will definitely be an off year. There are actually a lot of good prospects that have popped up but most are a year, in some cases two, away from being ready.

Szaflarski is supposed to be a massive can crusher, worst there maybe.
Diniz is very dangerous on the feet but looked like he had never grappled before when he was taken down in his MMA debut around a year ago. Hopefully he has worked on that but it will be a huge liability if he gets signed. Szaflarski is a smart fighter that has made the most of being an unathletic grappler with limited striking. He probably will win a bunch of fights against the bottom of the HW division but he isn't dangerous enough to crack the rankings most likely.

Gaziev is realistically the only one I could see having competitive fights with upper-tier HWs.

Its slim pickings at HW on the regional scene, at the moment, this will definitely be an off year. There are actually a lot of good prospects that have popped up but most are a year, in some cases two, away from being ready.
Sad to hear about the polish guy but Diniz I expect to do good enough in MMA, he wasn't an Elite kickboxers but compared to most MMA HWs his striking is great probably.
Kinda like Rozenstruik wasn't Elite in Kickboxing but he was good enough to make it into the top 10 without grappling.

Last edited:
Some new names added to Fight Pass

- Cage Warriors Lightweight champ George Hardwick, although I kinda think he might have just been signed straight up, but we'll see.

- Argentinian Featherweight Kevin Vallejos who I really like.

- Welsh WW Cage Warriors contender Oban Elliott

- Brazilian WW and Oktagon champ Kaik Brito.

Canadian FW Matteo Vogel

French LW and former kickboxer Dylan Salvador

American FW Timothy Cuamba

Belgian FW Bolanji Oki

Brazilian FW and Borralho teammate Jean Silva

- Cage Warriors Lightweight champ George Hardwick, although I kinda think he might have just been signed straight up, but we'll see.

Canadian FW Matteo Vogel

Belgian FW Bolanji Oki

Decent, things are beginning to shape up nicely then!

Canadian FW Matteo Vogel

Belgian FW Bolanji Oki

Brito looked solid against Kozma, has some heavy hands.

Back